Thread: Tracfone TMFL BYOP Sim Card

Carrier(s)
    Tmobile, H2O, Tracfone
    Feedback Score

Tracfone TMFL BYOP Sim Card

I have a Tracfone TMFL BYOP Sim Card which I bought a couple of years ago. Would I still be able to activate this sim on the basic plan and get the 3X min/text/data? Has anybody successfully activated this sim in the last year? I know Tracfone ended (stop selling) the 3x sim card/phones a couple of years ago.

I currently use Tracfone TMFL BYOP ATT Sim Card which I activated four years ago and activated another TMFL sim card two years ago (2018). I was going to activate my last ATT TFML sim if I can get the triple buckets.

Thanks for any information.

Feedback Score
    It should be fine in my opinion. Look at the SIM serial number. If the numbers in the 9th and 10th places are 27, the SIM supports AT&T VoLTE (although the phone may not). So that is a modern SIM and usually whatever was linked to it remains in the database.

I was looking at the phones offered for sale on the website and some of them require an airtime purchase. One of the airtime choices even said that it would give 3X when redeemed. So that is still being done with new purchases.

Carrier(s)
    Tmobile, H2O, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    It should be fine in my opinion. Look at the SIM serial number. If the numbers in the 9th and 10th places are 27, the SIM supports AT&T VoLTE (although the phone may not). So that is a modern SIM and usually whatever was linked to it remains in the database.

I was looking at the phones offered for sale on the website and some of them require an airtime purchase. One of the airtime choices even said that it would give 3X when redeemed. So that is still being done with new purchases.

Ok thanks. I have an ATT Hydro Air phone on H20 which I was going to port from. I will check the sim serial number.

Feedback Score
    Where can I find the sim # on a Moto G6 without taking the sim out of the phone?

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Senkoboy View Post
    Where can I find the sim # on a Moto G6 without taking the sim out of the phone?
    Some phones will display the SIM number in the About Phone section (either under SIM number or UICC). You can also install and run the SIM Tool Manager app . It's quite useful.

Feedback Score
    The app worked, I have 27 in the 9th and 10th place in my ATT BYOP triple minute card.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Senkoboy View Post
    I have 27 in the 9th and 10th place in my ATT BYOP triple minute card.
    My TF/AT&T BYOP SIM with TMFL was activated in Aug 2016. It has "25" in the 9th and 10th digits.