Thread: Went to AT&T: Need Contacts From Blackberry but forgot Password

Feedback Score

Went to AT&T: Need Contacts From Blackberry but forgot Password

Long story

Contacts Transfer from Blackberry years ago to a Kyocera Android was incomplete - a few did not transfer. This was not realized at the time.

Had the same problem transferring a complete list to my 2nd Kyocera phone, however his was finally fixed. It was at this time that I discovered there were still a few contacts on the Blackberry that did not transfer out when I quit using the phone.

Took to AT&T Store said they said they used to have a machine that would extract and transfer this information but they no longer have it.

They told me the contacts may be retrievable directly from the SIM card. I tried this and the reader does nothing when I put the SIM card in.

I own an Auto Service and Towing business and need those contacts.

I would even send phone to data recovery experts if they did such a thing. I could prove ownership of the phone with an official letter from AT&T.

Am I screwed?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The machine they used to transfer the information from phone to phone was called "Cellebrite" and not widely used any longer due to their initial cost and update charges to the stores. Android and Apple designed their own internal applications to accomplish the same thing. I will not say you can't transfer those contacts but it won't be easy on an older phone. Not likely you will recover those contracts from the SIM card as they don't have much storage space and almost all contacts are physically stored in the phone memory. Hopefully, you will get some additional feedback/solutions.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    I wonder if some AT&T Store somwhere still had a CELLEBRITE? I don't think anyone there was familiar with that machine - they didn't know its name. Still, there has to be someone at AT&T that knows if I'd still have to have my PW to use it. If it doesn't need the PW, then I could focus my effort on trying to find an AT&T Store that still has one. Maybe some rural area like West Virginia (I live near Pittsburgh.)

Feedback Score

There was an old Utility to transfer Blackberry contacts to Outlook with a USB or something. It might work without the password, but not sure.

Cellebrites are still around but you might find one at the Crime Lab of your local police department. I would guess some Cell Phone recovery place would still have one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Try this link to the BlackBerry Desktop Software:

https://www.blackberry.com/us/en/sup...ware-downloads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk