Thread: What T-Mobile MVNOs Have Either Unlimited Or A Large Amount Of Data Available For A Good Price?

Feedback Score

What T-Mobile MVNOs Have Either Unlimited Or A Large Amount Of Data Available For A Good Price?

As posted above, I am just wondering what T-Mobile MVNOs either offer an unlimited data plan or a large amount of data for a good price?

Device(s)
    iPhone XS, Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS, T-Mobile, RedPocket Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    As posted above, I am just wondering what T-Mobile MVNOs either offer an unlimited data plan or a large amount of data for a good price?
    Metro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Phone: AT&T XS Silver 256GB. T-Mobile / MetroPCS
    Android device : Galaxy S9 RedPocket Verizon

I am no longer a U.S.Cellular User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

My Photography www.hunterspad.com

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Lycamobile, Sprint, Tello, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    I would say to have a look at Mint. The catch is buying at least 3 months ahead at a pop and the annual plan is the best rate of course. Sometimes Best Buy and Amazon have small discounts over the street rate for new port ins. You can also pick up promo sims on eBay to get you started at a discount. One other thing, once you are on Mint, you will have no access to promos or discounts unless you port out and back in.

Their pandemic response was first rate, basically unlimited data. No idea if it will continue past May for the current customers, and the window for eligibility to get that benefit has closed, unfortunately.

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Here are a few good ones to consider
    Mint $300/year ($25/month) for 12 GB
    Teltik $40 for "unlimited" data (must qualify as a "business")
    Ultra Mobile $480/year ($40/month) for 32 GB
    Straight Talk $45/month for $25 GB
    Ultra $49/month for 32 GB
    Metro $50/month for "unlimited"
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

Feedback Score

What T-Mobile MVNOs Have Either Unlimited Or A Large Amount Of Data Available For A Good Price?

Thank you for the replies. Now I have to find out of any of these will work in my unlocked Nightgear Nighthawk hotspot. I have read that some will, but others will only work in smartphones!

Feedback Score
    https://prepaidcompare.net/

Let us know what you find...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    Thank you for the replies. Now I have to find out of any of these will work in my unlocked Nightgear Nighthawk hotspot. I have read that some will, but others will only work in smartphones!
    metro would likely work but is technically not allowed, you would want to call in the activation over the phone and say you have an unlocked android phone or tablet. if you already have a phone line the tablet plan is only $15/month (standalone tablet plan without a voice line are not allowed but you could have a $25/month flip phone plan plus a tablet plan for $40 month total)

$25 plan is only for metro branded flip phone which is free with the new line at a dealer, not available for BYOD. $30 2GB/month plan is available for all phones including BYOD and is unlimited data for now during the COVID 19 pandemic. actually all plans with any amount of data are unlimited during the pandemic except a limited availability and now discontinued $15 plan.

you may also find that a PC or Mac web browser redirects to a splash page saying tethering is not included or all data used, you can use a 'user agent' changer in the web browser to get around that and everything will work. the tablet plan will not redirect as it does not filter user agents in my experience.

if using a tablet plan set APN to: pcweb.metropcs.com

for a phone plan APN is: fast.metropcs.com (with pcweb.metropcs.com will pull from an included hotspot data bucket)

Feedback Score
    Mint worked in my unlocked Netgear.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robbyrobby View Post
    metro would likely work but is technically not allowed, you would want to call in the activation over the phone and say you have an unlocked android phone or tablet. if you already have a phone line the tablet plan is only $15/month (standalone tablet plan without a voice line are not allowed but you could have a $25/month flip phone plan plus a tablet plan for $40 month total)

$25 plan is only for metro branded flip phone which is free with the new line at a dealer, not available for BYOD. $30 2GB/month plan is available for all phones including BYOD and is unlimited data for now during the COVID 19 pandemic. actually all plans with any amount of data are unlimited during the pandemic except a limited availability and now discontinued $15 plan.

you may also find that a PC or Mac web browser redirects to a splash page saying tethering is not included or all data used, you can use a 'user agent' changer in the web browser to get around that and everything will work. the tablet plan will not redirect as it does not filter user agents in my experience.

if using a tablet plan set APN to: pcweb.metropcs.com

for a phone plan APN is: fast.metropcs.com (with pcweb.metropcs.com will pull from an included hotspot data bucket)
    Thanks for this detailed response. I am looking for this combination of capabilities at a reasonable price. I am so occasional in my hotspot use that I once lived on an older unlocked phone just to be able to turn on hotspot under a Cricket plan. My hotspot capability could be more essential in the future, to the point I'd want a dedicated device on a "tablet" plan rather than force things through my phone. T-Mobile coverage might improve in my region using Sprint's frequencies. Not sure how to grab a device that can run the tablet plan on those newly allocated frequencies in the "mid" band. Band 71 did not help my coverage even when I finally got hold of a Band 71 phone.

Visible has the signal penetration in my building but the speed drops too much/too often for me to rely on it even for brief hotspotting. I tried Sprint right before they merged with T-Mobile but I can't get their devices to hold steady under hotspot either...will hang onto those numbers until I get the port-in incentive and then I would look at something like this as a longer term replacement for Cricket which was fine for years with my hack to use occasional hotspot.

When I explained my family uses of cellular and why I was experimenting with Visible I was sold on Total Wireless family plan with a big bucket of shared data. I wonder if their plans change once Verizon dumps the CDMA network next January...

Dan