Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Advise on a good AT&T tracfone to buy.

Device(s)
    LG V20,Google Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone-since 2005
    Feedback Score
    HP--I did all that. The phone wouldn't receive an AT&T signal. When I called TF they requested the info.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tlippy View Post
    HP--I did all that. The phone wouldn't receive an AT&T signal. When I called TF they requested the info.
    1. Do you have good AT&T signal at your location?
    2. Have you got the AT&T BYOP SIM activated? If yes, does it work in any of your GSM phone? (i.e. it is actually activated and has service).

I don't have the Moto G6, but several people on this forum do and have it working just fine with an AT&T BYOP SIM.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I don't have the Moto G6, but several people on this forum do and have it working just fine with an AT&T BYOP SIM.
    I purchased this phone and received it Saturday. I took out the CDMA (Verizon) simcard that was preinstalled in it.
    Put in an already activated BYOP ATT simcard (that was in an old phone) and the MOTO G6 works perfectly. It seems
    to be a real bargin at $39.99

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    It ALSO will not receive an AT&T signal if there is no signal to be received.
    I also received this same phone a week ago and have it working with a Tracfone BYOP AT&T SIM.

Device(s)
    LG V20,Google Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone-since 2005
    Feedback Score
    I'm sending this reply on my new Moto6. Haven't gotten the replacement SIM yet from TF but just wanted to let you know that this is a pretty sweet phone

Device(s)
    LG V20,Google Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone-since 2005
    Feedback Score
    Unbelievable ! The phone is working today. Even without the TF SIM that's in the mail. And on the AT&T SIM that I purchased with the phone. I removed all SIM cards yesterday and set up the phone with my Google account. During the process the phone requested o be updated. It arrived with Android 8 and I thought I was stuck with that. The phone spent 3 hours appx on 5 updates. The final outcome was Android 9 and build # PPSS29-118-15-11-2. Just wonder if any of you got these updates? This is really a nice phone. I prefer it to my Pixel 2XL. In fact this experience with TF branded phones will keep me from paying upwards of $600 to BYOP again. Thanks again to you guys that helped.

Feedback Score
    If there is at least WiFi, a Moto will communicate with Moto about its status and get itself straight. Sometimes you need a SIM in the tray so Moto can see things. TF just follows along.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Everyone who purchased the Moto G6 had to go through all those updates. There has been a whole lot of discussion on these updates, so it's strange you were surprised. Stay with Motorola for the best assurance of receiving updates.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Everyone who purchased the Moto G6 had to go through all those updates. There has been a whole lot of discussion on these updates, so it's strange you were surprised. Stay with Motorola for the best assurance of receiving updates.
    Or Apple ... my iPhone 6 was still getting updates earlier this year.

Device(s)
    LG V20,Google Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone-since 2005
    Feedback Score
    Sad Day !! Spent an hour with TF in Florida in the attempt to get my phone activated on AT&T. TF was unbelievably helpful. Three return calls at exactly the prescribed time. All to no avail. This AM I got an email from Ebay that the $50 I paid for the one year card has been refunded. They must have gotten tired of my pestering. Also got an email to return the phone for credit. Anyway it's been an experience. I have only good things to report on my TF experience. I do intend to get a Moto G phone in the future. I do like the feel of the Moto G6. Thank you to all who replied. I'm jealous of those of you who figured out how to get their phone to activate

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Sad Day !! Spent an hour with TF in Florida in the attempt to get my phone activated on AT&T.
    I'm confused. Yesterday, you posted that the phone was working with the BYOP AT&T SIM. So, why do you want to do any more activation? And why are you returning the SIM and/or the G6 if it's working on AT&T like you wanted?

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Ditto on hpham post.

Device(s)
    LG V20,Google Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone-since 2005
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I'm confused. Yesterday, you posted that the phone was working with the BYOP AT&T SIM. So, why do you want to do any more activation? And why are you returning the SIM and/or the G6 if it's working on AT&T like you wanted?
    I used the phone on WiFi only. Got all the Moto G6 updates. Never did get it activated. Was sure that TF would get it AT&T usable. Then all of a sudden, today, when I looked at my TF account the 1200 minutes were gone and I got a credit on my PayPal account. I dunn O.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I used the phone on WiFi only. Got all the Moto G6 updates. Never did get it activated.
    Well, what you posted yesterday "Unbelievable ! The phone is working today. Even without the TF SIM that's in the mail. And on the AT&T SIM that I purchased with the phone" led me and others to believe that your G6 was working with cell service on AT&T. Never mind then.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2