Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What's the best plan under $100 for 2 people?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

What's the best plan under $100 for 2 people?

With so many changes I've completely lost track of the latest plans with Verizon. Is there even any possibility of getting a plan for 2 people for $ 100 or less on Verizon? Looking to get a plan that doesn't slow down due to congestion.

You would think they would have caught up to their competitors to secure business.

Sent from my device of choice using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I'm on the 5 gb for $55 plan. I suppose you could put two people on the plan for $110, not quite under your threshold but pretty close. I get the Military/Veteran discount which takes me below $50. The only slowdown I see is due to tower congestion.

Feedback Score
    “Unlimited” Under $100? No. Start Unlimited is $60 per line and it’s potentially subject to network management all of the time (if the tower is busy). Next step up Play More / Do More comes with some premium data for $70/line. But, I believe you can get $5 or $10 off of these prices with Autopay. More if you have Fios.

Now the Shared (fixed data bucket) plans are less. As little as $35 / line but you only get 2GB. Not sure if this is per line or truly shared like the old Family plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score

What's the best plan under $100 for 2 people?

Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    I'm on the 5 gb for $55 plan. I suppose you could put two people on the plan for $110, not quite under your threshold but pretty close. I get the Military/Veteran discount which takes me below $50. The only slowdown I see is due to tower congestion.
    Good point! I forgot to mention the senior, first responder, and military / veteran plans. I don’t qualify so I often forget these.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thank you for the reply, We average 10 GB + of data unfortunately. Yeah that congestion thing gets me too on my current plan, all those newer plans that have recently come out do not seem like a great deal. Verizon at it again

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JSchnee21 View Post
    “Unlimited” Under $100? No. Start Unlimited is $60 per line and it’s potentially subject to network management all of the time (if the tower is busy). Next step up Play More / Do More comes with some premium data for $70/line. But, I believe you can get $5 or $10 off of these prices with Autopay. More if you have Fios.

Now the Shared (fixed data bucket) plans are less. As little as $35 / line but you only get 2GB. Not sure if this is per line or truly shared like the old Family plans.

Really appreciate the reply as well. Is there a speed difference between Start Unlimited and the older Unlimited plans?

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Play More Unlimited is the plan that makes the most sense for the vast majority of customers. You can compare the unlimited plans here:

https://www.verizon.com/plans/unlimited/

Do you use Apple Music? Play More includes Apple Music (not a trial). It also includes 5G if/when you get a 5G phone. Start Unlimited has MANY limitations and doesn't make sense for most users in comparison to Play Unlimited. Start Unlimited is also subject to speed throttling from day 1 where as Play More only throttles after 25GB if/when necessary under times of network congestion (many don't ever get throttled - even after 25GB however). It's not worth the minor savings to go with Start Unlimited. Check out the comparison chart for all differences but be very aware of the potential throttling with Start Unlimited.

Verizon HEAVILY incentivizes people to be on family plans with more lines. Play More Unlimited would be $140 for 2 lines but is only $180 for 4 lines. As a result, I put my sister and her husband on our plan with me and my wife. Instead of each couple paying Verizon $140/mo. or $280 total, we pay them $180 for 4 people = $45/line. Note that all of these prices assume you set up autopay with a checking account/debit card.

That's my advice to you - bundle with other family members (or even really good & very trustworthy friends) if at all possible. Family members can set up recurring automatic payments to you via their bank using Zelle or otherwise so that you don't have to hound them for a payment each month. That's what we do anyway!

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jkozlow3 View Post
    Play More Unlimited is the plan that makes the most sense for the vast majority of customers. You can compare the unlimited plans here:

https://www.verizon.com/plans/unlimited/

Do you use Apple Music? Play More includes Apple Music (not a trial). It also includes 5G if/when you get a 5G phone. Start Unlimited has MANY limitations and doesn't make sense for most users in comparison to Play Unlimited. Start Unlimited is also subject to speed throttling from day 1 where as Play More only throttles after 25GB if/when necessary under times of network congestion (many don't ever get throttled - even after 25GB however). It's not worth the minor savings to go with Start Unlimited. Check out the comparison chart for all differences but be very aware of the potential throttling with Start Unlimited.

Verizon HEAVILY incentivizes people to be on family plans with more lines. Play More Unlimited would be $140 for 2 lines but is only $180 for 4 lines. As a result, I put my sister and her husband on our plan with me and my wife. Instead of each couple paying Verizon $140/mo. or $280 total, we pay them $180 for 4 people = $45/line. Note that all of these prices assume you set up autopay with a checking account/debit card.

That's my advice to you - bundle with other family members (or even really good & very trustworthy friends) if at all possible. Family members can set up recurring automatic payments to you via their bank using Zelle or otherwise so that you don't have to hound them for a payment each month. That's what we do anyway!
    Thank you very much for the detailed response, unfortunately everyone we know is tied to their own cellphone accounts so we can't transition them to our account at this time.

Will definitely look into your key points and see what I can do from here on out, perhaps the price difference is worth it in the end.

Stay safe and healthy

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by legend221 View Post
    Thank you very much for the detailed response, unfortunately everyone we know is tied to their own cellphone accounts so we can't transition them to our account at this time.

Will definitely look into your key points and see what I can do from here on out, perhaps the price difference is worth it in the end.

Stay safe and healthy

If any of those family members have Verizon, you can transfer service & combine their accounts with yours. Just a thought.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/supp...-service-faqs/

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jkozlow3 View Post
    If any of those family members have Verizon, you can transfer service & combine their accounts with yours. Just a thought.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/supp...-service-faqs/
    Appreciate it very much, last I checked they were on Tmobile and AT&T. Will definitely check with them to verify.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Lycamobile, Sprint, Tello, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Not sure how long it will last, but it looks like the $50 16 GB plan is $35 as a promo at https://www.verizon.com/prepaid and you can have multiple lines on an account. This looks like a new customer promo at Verizon Prepaid with an autopay discount applied, and I think the promo pricing may not kick in until the second month. More discussion over in the VZ prepaid forum.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertabrae View Post
    Not sure how long it will last, but it looks like the $50 16 GB plan is $35 as a promo at https://www.verizon.com/prepaid and you can have multiple lines on an account. This looks like a new customer promo at Verizon Prepaid with an autopay discount applied, and I think the promo pricing may not kick in until the second month. More discussion over in the VZ prepaid forum.
    Thank you very much looking into this now as well.

Can I transition to a prepaid account from the regular one if I have both devices on a month to month payment plan?

Device(s)
    Motorola Moto G7, Iphone 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Speakout, Public Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Why not go with their competition??

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dennism3 View Post
    Why not go with their competition??
    T-Mobile? I may have to one day, the person I'm getting the service with on the current line thinks Verizon is the holy grail, they really are not. Their service has really gone down hill for the last number of years.

Phone selection is way better as well, CDMA just limits your options when it's time to upgrade too.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Lycamobile, Sprint, Tello, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by legend221 View Post
    Thank you very much looking into this now as well.

Can I transition to a prepaid account from the regular one if I have both devices on a month to month payment plan?

Closing a postpaid account with a device on payments even converting to prepaid on the same carrier is going to require paying off the remaining balance. Just the fine print, it's not a contract as you can leave but then the bill comes due. This is the advantage of post paid ("advantage") - you can use their financing.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast