Thread: Visible Network Upgrades May 8 to May 21 2020

Feedback Score

Visible Network Upgrades May 8 to May 21 2020

from a chat with visible

At Visible, part of our mission is to give you, our members, the best possible network experience and features, which is why we’re doing a network upgrade from May 8-21, 2020.

Unfortunately, data may be a bit slower during scheduled maintenance periods, but our engineers will make every effort to avoid disrupting your service by doing upgrades overnight.

We’ll reach out before any of these potential disruptions via text, push notification, and/or email to give you a heads up. After the upgrade, you might need to airplane toggle (aka turn airplane mode on and off) or power cycle (aka restart your phone). Also it’s possible that, if you’re on a call between 2:00-8:00AM Eastern on two particular nights, the call might drop. We’ll let you know the prior evenings.
    Visible

There will be upgrades to provide faster speeds!

They are specifically working on improvement with network speeds. Visible has two main network hubs and one will be shut down at a time so these changes can be made.

Feedback Score
    I remember reading they were planning installation of a couple new servers, I wonder if this maintenance is related to that

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Qt0 View Post
    I remember reading they were planning installation of a couple new servers, I wonder if this maintenance is related to that
    The rep said that someone will call me in 24 to 48 hours. They just went in circles about faster network speeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Hi there,

This is the Visible Care team reaching out in regards to knowing more about our network upgrade. Unfortunately the information that you received is what we know on our end at this time. Yes your data speed will experience higher latency or ping times, so web pages may load a fraction of a second slower. You probably won’t notice a difference unless you’re doing intense, multiplayer online gaming. This would be temporary. We will not provide refunds for the brief interruption because the network upgrade is happening between 11PM–6AM Eastern on two particular nights (May 8-21, 2020). But once the network upgrade it completed your data network will be back working and way better. We want to thank you for your patience through this process. As always, if you need any help, reach out to our Care team: text 99370, tweet @VisibleCare, or tap Help in the app.

Thank you!

Privacy Terms

2020 Visible Service LLC | PO Box 152092 Irving, TX 75015-2092

Feedback Score
    they have a post about it pinned in their reddit page, and an employee said "this upgrade will help us make future upgrades later on with fewer potential service disruptions. But, it doesn't have anything to do with new access points."
    (so looks like it is not about adding new servers)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Qt0 View Post
    they have a post about it pinned in their reddit page, and an employee said "this upgrade will help us make future upgrades later on with fewer potential service disruptions. But, it doesn't have anything to do with new access points."
    (so looks like it is not about adding new servers)
    I noticed that today thanks

Device(s)
    Samsung i760
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dzuchowski71 View Post
    I noticed that today thanks

I wish it involved new service points. My home service is borderline. Thankfully I have FIOS for WiFi because I could not rely on Visible hot spot for full household data needs.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    I was think something about carrier aggregation or something with towers or 5g. Who knows what these servers will do. How are they going to make for faster internet or less down time for later upgrades other then for redundancies

Device(s)
    Samsung i760
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Whatever Visible did in this network upgrade seems to have helped my signal and speeds. Fingers crossed.

Feedback Score
    boodles07, what part of the US are you in?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by boodles07 View Post
    Whatever Visible did in this network upgrade seems to have helped my signal and speeds. Fingers crossed.

Will test my area of Denver metro

Device(s)
    Samsung i760
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    boodles07, what part of the US are you in?
    Spoke too soon lol.
    0.56 mbps just now, awful.
    Northeastern US