Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dish Network closer to buying Boost Mobile

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Dish Network closer to buying Boost Mobile

This doesn’t sound like Dish has a lot of money. However it sounds like they are in better position now from their quarterly earning report. Tower Company SBA confirms that Dish Network is real.

Feedback Score
    Good. Hopefully they enter the market ASAP so they can start applying pressure on the big 3.

Feedback Score
    Believe it when I see it. Vapor ware until it launched

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dzuchowski71 View Post
    Believe it when I see it. Vapor ware until it launched
    you are still the funniest of all the other that post here.
    Last edited by shilohcane; 05-08-2020 at 09:00 PM.

Feedback Score
    How come this isn't done yet?
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT $60 360 days
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Wilber101 you are still the funniest of all the other Anti-T-Mobile cheerleader acts.
    I think he is just setting his expectations low. Dish has been purchasing spectrum and sitting on it since at least 2011 (possibly earlier but I couldn’t find any articles referencing it’s first purchase) and has yet to do anything worth while with any of the spectrum they are sitting on. They have had plenty of time to start doing something if they really wanted too.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeInPa View Post
    I think he is just setting his expectations low. Dish has been purchasing spectrum and sitting on it since at least 2011 (possibly earlier but I couldn’t find any articles referencing it’s first purchase) and has yet to do anything worth while with any of the spectrum they are sitting on. They have had plenty of time to start doing something if they really wanted too.

True but its not that easy to enter a market where building out a network costs in xx billions without an existing customer base in that market to an extent. Hopefully this boost customer infusion will be that last piece for dish to open up shop in the wireless industry.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by L33 View Post
    True but its not that easy to enter a market where building out a network costs in xx billions without an existing customer base in that market to an extent. Hopefully this boost customer infusion will be that last piece for dish to open up shop in the wireless industry.
    I agree with that. My initial thought was that DISH has been treating spectrum in one of two ways.

1. like an investment and sitting on it and waiting for the right time to flip it to make some money
    2. So they could make themselves more attractive for a buyer. If T-Mo, Verizon, or sprint wanted to get into the TV/satellite game they would get a treasure trove of spectrum to go with the deal.

IMO Dish waited to long to get top dollar for its spectrum with the oncoming CBRS and C-Band spectrum auctions. Why would a carrier pay 6-10 Billion now for a 20 MHz chunk of spectrum from dish when soon with the CBRS auction they will be able to walk away with a 100 MHz chunk for like 15 Billion.

I do think Dish will actually build out something now but I’m also guessing they will still sell off little chunks of older spectrum to help fund the build but they won’t get the big bucks for that spectrum like they would have before. I also think it will be years till they get anything built.

Feedback Score
    I don't think Dish will build much of anything at least for around 5 years. Disclaimer I didn't think TMSprt was going to happen.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    I don't think Dish will build much of anything at least for around 5 years. Disclaimer I didn't think TMSprt was going to happen.
    Betting against Dish actually doing anything seems almost a sure thing. I mean, based on past history..... What? four-to-one odds sounds about right?
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5+, Any and all Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Betting against Dish actually doing anything seems almost a sure thing. I mean, based on past history..... What? four-to-one odds sounds about right?
    True, but then again, it would've been a long shot to predict a door to door C-band dish salesman would eventually launch a fleet of DBS satellites and create a billion dollar media provider.

While I'm not convinced DISH is ever going to build their own wireless network, I'm also certainly not stupid enough to ever bet against Charlie Ergen!

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I really wonder which major company that Charlie Ergen claimed he was working with to the Judge. Amazon is what everyone thinks he hinted at. I wonder that it could be SpaceX with their StarLink of LEO satellites that goes into Operation by end of 2020 could be a partnership.

Feedback Score
    I think dish will fold after a few years top and be bought by amazon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Dish not worried about finances to build Boost 5G Network

https://www.fiercewireless.com/opera...ost-5g-network

As for the “mystery partner” that has been the subject of much speculation, Ergen said there’s a lot of third-party interest, without naming names. Particularly over the last six months, the momentum for the kinds of things it’s trying to do are clearly recognized by the people who know what a modern network should look like, he said.“

Feedback Score
    In other words there's nobody.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast