Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Freedompop down for anyone?

Feedback Score
    So what is the consensus these days about how to best contact FP to resurrect such "used completely compliant with all the rules" SIMs/accounts that inexplicably went dormant? I have two...

Feedback Score
    I've seen reports on another forum of success contacting FP via Twitter DM. Others have reported success using the FP forum at https://support.freedompop.com/hc/en...nical-Support-.

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    I tried calling them yesterday, and the automated response directed me to just use the website. Yet, the reason I called them is when I reached on via the website a few days ago, I never got a response.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I had 2 sims that were stuck like that. I used the chat function at support.freedompop.com to no avail. They ended up escalating the ticket to someone who could actually do something. It took 4 days but got a response this morning that something was done to the account. Apparently something was done because data now works. I tried the other sim (was about to contact them about that one), and it too works.

Maybe they found a system wide glitch?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Maru View Post
    A little over 2 weeks ago, my account showed "Alert: Account suspended due to billing issue. Click here to update your credit card or change payment method."

I waited until today to update my payment method because I wanted to have a 29th billing date. Surprise, when I logged in I saw the same thing that some of you saw - "You have not signed up for FreedomPop service yet. Already have a device? Activate here"

It's reassuring that they restored your account. I sent FreedomPop a DM through Twitter. How many days did it take for them to reply to you?
    I sent FreedomPop a msg via Twitter on Friday 5/29/20. They replied Mon 6/1/20 and also restored my missing plan to my account.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brg View Post
    So what is the consensus these days about how to best contact FP to resurrect such "used completely compliant with all the rules" SIMs/accounts that inexplicably went dormant? I have two...
    I tested this. Tried a different method on each line.

Chat was fastest, by far. 14 minutes and done, most of that waiting for the agent to go away and do stuff with the line. (Contact on a weekday.) If you have to wait a while while the agent works, send an "OK" or "waiting" message every couple of minutes, because the chat session appears to time out if their is no activity.

Twitter: Not counting weekend waiting time, since I imagine they don't staff weekends. 2-3 days. I made sure I sent all the relevant info in the first tweet. No back and forth needed. I got a tweet that the issue had been escalated, and I would hear further. I didn't hear further, but the lines worked.

Forum: posting in the forum is slow. Moderator approval needed before your post appears in the forum, and I'm at 2 days waiting for that first step. You'll have to keep going back & looking for a DM, too, since you don't want to post any account details in the forum.

Support Ticket: Don't bother. They still don't allow support tickets from free lines. I got an email telling me so.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greenhandle View Post
    I tested this. Tried a different method on each line.

Chat was fastest, by far. 14 minutes and done, most of that waiting for the agent to go away and do stuff with the line. (Contact on a weekday.) If you have to wait a while while the agent works, send an "OK" or "waiting" message every couple of minutes, because the chat session appears to time out if their is no activity.

Twitter: Not counting weekend waiting time, since I imagine they don't staff weekends. 2-3 days. I made sure I sent all the relevant info in the first tweet. No back and forth needed. I got a tweet that the issue had been escalated, and I would hear further. I didn't hear further, but the lines worked.

Forum: posting in the forum is slow. Moderator approval needed before your post appears in the forum, and I'm at 2 days waiting for that first step. You'll have to keep going back & looking for a DM, too, since you don't want to post any account details in the forum.

Support Ticket: Don't bother. They still don't allow support tickets from free lines. I got an email telling me so.
    Thanks for the info. Four of mine went dead a week ago with the message in the online account: "You have not signed up for FreedomPop service yet. Already have a device? Activate here

These are all free lines that have been active and kept active for several years. "Have not signed up for FP service" is totally bogus.

I just sent the problem to them on Twitter an hour ago. No response yet. Previously they have taken care of problems sent on Twitter in about a workday - no evenings and weekends.

Where is FP's chat? I have never come across it.

FP Twitter at: https://twitter.com/FreedomPopHelp

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post

Where is FP's chat? I have never come across it.
    http://support.freedompop.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Thanks, I got a reply on Twitter from FP. They said, "We are updating our systems and your accounts were canceled in error." They said they restored two lines and escalated the other two to a higher level of support. I have not had a chance to try them yet.

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5 Play, AT&T F160 flip, Kyo Dura XT
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreeUp, Tello, T-Mo Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    Thanks, I got a reply on Twitter from FP. They said, "We are updating our systems and your accounts were canceled in error." They said they restored two lines and escalated the other two to a higher level of support. I have not had a chance to try them yet.
    How did you identify your accounts? By the login email or the SIM number? I have no idea what my phone numbers were.

Sent from my moto e5 play using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    How did you identify your accounts? By the login email or the SIM number? I have no idea what my phone numbers were.

Sent from my moto e5 play using HoFo mobile app
    I gave my login email add and the phone number.

Feedback Score
    The FP phone # isn't necessary. For people using their FP SIM cards for data only, the FP VoIP phone # associated with it will have been long ago removed.

Only the email address is needed to identify a FP account.

The only reason you'd need the SIM card # is if there is more than one SIM card on the same FP account, and if you need to work on a problem affecting only one of the SIM cards.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    The FP phone # isn't necessary. For people using their FP SIM cards for data only, the FP VoIP phone # associated with it will have been long ago removed.

Only the email address is needed to identify a FP account.

The only reason you'd need the SIM card # is if there is more than one SIM card on the same FP account, and if you need to work on a problem affecting only one of the SIM cards.
    I agree that this is generally true. I've had FP twitter support ask for both phone # and SIM card # during various contacts, and I have it in a file-- so easier for me to include it all in the first contact. For a 'lost' account, whether they need it or not probably depends on 'how lost' it is. (The time when I had to provide ICCID was also for a line that had disappeared in my dashboard, but not under identical circumstances.)

Chat did ask me to confirm the phone number, presumably to confirm ownership of the account. I had entered that into the Chat field to start the chat process since the form asks for it, & the agent asked me to confirm it. I don't know if they would have requested the phone # if I had not entered it at the start of the chat process, or if they would have read it out from their records & asked me confirm it. I also don't know that they would not have proceeded if I couldn't report the phone #, since I could.

FP seems to be much slower to remove #'s from lines that don't use the app than they used to be. I haven't had the app installed on any of my SIMs since slightly after the discontinuation of the Global SIMs, and the numbers remain.

Feedback Score
    I just listed the phone numbers. I expect the login email would probably work too.

[Update]
    The two lines they said were restored are working and the online account looks normal.

The other two have gone from the message being:

"You have not signed up for FreedomPop service yet. Already have a device? Activate here"

to

"Alert: Your FreedomPop service is inactive due to an unforeseen technical issue. Please Click here to contact customer service"

Clicking on "here" leads to page not found.

One of the lines that says, "Alert ... inactive..." is working. I don't have the tablet for the other line to check.

The saga continues.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I tested the topoff disabled during my last cycle. Somehow managed to use nearly 200% more data. Probably would of used more if I didn't disconnect. Last night it was showing my account is suspended due to unforeseen issues (or something to that effect).

Plan renewed this morning with the correct allotment. I think the data continues to work so long as session is active. Once terminated it does not allow a new session to start.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast