Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Freedompop down for anyone?

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Anyone experience issues with data connectivity with the lte sims in older devices? I know the sim(s) are good, they work fine in a newer phone (7t, hotspot device), but my axon7 and moto e lte can't seem to connect to anything.

Changing network modes (*#*#4636#*#*) doesn't help. I know we've had some att improvements around here, literally all the att bands are enabled in this area. Wonder if this has something to do with it. Tried a redpocket gsma sim in the same 2 devices with no issues.

Apn is still fp.com.attz right?

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    Anyone experience issues with data connectivity with the lte sims in older devices? I know the sim(s) are good, they work fine in a newer phone (7t, hotspot device), but my axon7 and moto e lte can't seem to connect to anything.

Changing network modes (*#*#4636#*#*) doesn't help. I know we've had some att improvements around here, literally all the att bands are enabled in this area. Wonder if this has something to do with it. Tried a redpocket gsma sim in the same 2 devices with no issues.

Apn is still fp.com.attz right?
    My FP SIM is working without issues in a 5 year old LG G4 using APN fp.com.attz
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

Feedback Score
    I'm currently using FP AT&T LTE SIMs in an old AT&T Sierra Unite AC770S Hotspot from 2013 and a Moto E4 from 2017 with no issues.

Device(s)
    LG G8 Thinq, Nokia 6.1 Dual SIM
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    I think FP deactivated or canceled one of my free ATT SIMs, which was working last week. I contacted FP through chat and they insisted my SIM is a Sprint CDMA SIM. My phone lock screen indicates ATT service and as I understand, the first seven digits of the SIM indicates the issuer (mine is 8901 170, 170 indicates ATT). The CS rep escalated the issue, and hope to get some resolution soon.
    Mobile:

LG G8 Thinq ATT-Red Pocket 500/500/500
    Nokia 6.1 Dual SIM
    G V20 LS997 Unlocked-Freedompop ATT
    iPhone SE 32GB Simple Mobile
    Samsung Gear S3 Frontier non-LTE
    Samsung Chromebook +
    ______
    Prior Phones:

Huawei Ascend XT2,LG Xpression +,LG Tribute HD,LG G4,Nokia Lumia 820,LG Volt,LG Tribute 2,LG Optimus Exceed 2,LG Realm,Moto X 2014,Moto X 2013,Nexus 5,Nokia Lumia 520,Nokia Lumia 1020,Samsung Galaxy S3,iphone 3G

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMagm View Post
    I think FP deactivated or canceled one of my free ATT SIMs, which was working last week. I contacted FP through chat and they insisted my SIM is a Sprint CDMA SIM. My phone lock screen indicates ATT service and as I understand, the first seven digits of the SIM indicates the issuer (mine is 8901 170, 170 indicates ATT). The CS rep escalated the issue, and hope to get some resolution soon.
    I had something similar happen with one of my AT&T/LTE SIMs when the transition took place to Red Pocket ownership. FreedomPop reported the SIM as CDMA and having been transferred to Ting-- so of course not working either place. (Ting was kind enough to check and see if the IMEI had actually been included in the database transferred to them, and it had not.)

FP support was able to straighten it out after some persistence in describing the situation.

Device(s)
    Palm Centro Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS (SERO 500)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie999 View Post
    Is anyone having issues with freedompop?

App just crashes and closes down. One of my accounts has a message "your service is inactive due to an unforeseen technical issue...",
    Other one looks fine but still doesn't work.
    Here is my experience.
    - Moto G4 Plus, Android 8.1.0, App Version 25.16.00.0420.
    - GSM sim 200 free MB, +50 bonus MB each month
    - LTE Data works fine
    - Text messages work fine
    - Incoming calls go straight to voicemail
    - Outgoing calls cannot be completed. The app crashes when trying to place a call.

I put the SIM into an old iPhone 5S, and it works fine with the FP app for calling and texting. Data works fine too.

Device(s)
    LG G8 Thinq, Nokia 6.1 Dual SIM
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greenhandle View Post
    I had something similar happen with one of my AT&T/LTE SIMs when the transition took place to Red Pocket ownership. FreedomPop reported the SIM as CDMA and having been transferred to Ting-- so of course not working either place. (Ting was kind enough to check and see if the IMEI had actually been included in the database transferred to them, and it had not.)

FP support was able to straighten it out after some persistence in describing the situation.
    Thx. I hope that FP can resolve my issue.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    My FP SIM is working without issues in a 5 year old LG G4 using APN fp.com.attz
    Looks like I got the sims mixed up between the different phones. It wasn't a phone issue but rather an account issue. Two sims fail to connect to data in any phone. One works properly in all. I have an open ticket with FP right now. After a 30 min hold, got through to someone in chat. They tried an account reset/refresh but the issue continued.

What will I do with 250 MB of data......

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    Anyone know how to activate a new 1yr plan sim, on an existing FP account? I read here earlier it was possible. I hate having to setup a new email every time I do a new 1yr period. thanks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clocks11 View Post
    Anyone know how to activate a new 1yr plan sim, on an existing FP account? I read here earlier it was possible. I hate having to setup a new email every time I do a new 1yr period. thanks
    Please provide a link to where you read it was possible, and under what circumstances.

The only way I know of to renew the plan on an annual prepaid FP AT&T LTE SIM is to provide FP with a payment method and renew it for the current rate FP is charging.

It seems like most people use their FP AT&T LTE SIM until the end of the annual prepaid period and then switch to a new FP AT&T LTE SIM, usually purchased for $33.34 to $39.99 on sale from Target, Best Buy, or Best Buy eBay.

Also, there's no need to create a new email account for a new FP account. You can create an unlimited number of email addresses with one Gmail account. This may be possible with Yahoo and others, too.

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post

It seems like most people use their FP AT&T LTE SIM until the end of the annual prepaid period and then switch to a new FP AT&T LTE SIM, usually purchased for $33.34 to $39.99 on sale from Target, Best Buy, or Best Buy eBay.
    I did buy a new sim from Best Buy. I'm heading out and don't have time to find where I had asked the question, but it is in this thread or one of the other 1-2 active FP threads here.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clocks11 View Post
    I did buy a new sim from Best Buy. I'm heading out and don't have time to find where I had asked the question, but it is in this thread or one of the other 1-2 active FP threads here.
    Okay. Like I said, I don't remember ever seeing that this was possible. But perhaps the new improved FP has come up with a way to do it. Please let us know.

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Okay. Like I said, I don't remember ever seeing that this was possible. But perhaps the new improved FP has come up with a way to do it. Please let us know.
    This same thread. https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...r-anyone/page2

I guess I probably have to contact them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by timswim78 View Post
    Here is my experience.
    - Moto G4 Plus, Android 8.1.0, App Version 25.16.00.0420.
    - GSM sim 200 free MB, +50 bonus MB each month
    - LTE Data works fine
    - Text messages work fine
    - Incoming calls go straight to voicemail
    - Outgoing calls cannot be completed. The app crashes when trying to place a call.

I put the SIM into an old iPhone 5S, and it works fine with the FP app for calling and texting. Data works fine too.
    This is exactly my experience. Different phone though. It is clear that FP explicitly deprecated the older versions. I was told to upgrade to the latest version. Would not run on my phone (android 4.3). Installed newest version on a newer phone with 2nd FP Sim. It installed and allowed phone calls.

So what we learned:

1. older versions will not allow phone calls and may or may not allow texts, keeps nagging to upgrade
    2. newest version of app is buggy and will not install on many previous versions of android (even though specs claim it works on 4.3+)

Device(s)
    Samsung S9
    Carrier(s)
    Freedompop, T-Mobile PayGo, PagePlus, Tello, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    my freedompop account (att lte free account) went inactive as well. was just used less than 2 weeks ago.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast