Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Freedompop down for anyone?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mo832 View Post
    There is no problem with suspension. I just checked, even though I already was convinced it was fine, since usually the app will clear your balance or block your data, and I have been actively using the account the last few weeks. My website looks fine with no status messages or anything out of order.

I have sent them a DM thru twitter. Is that the right way, or a standard public tweet?
    I have used:

https://twitter.com/FreedomPopHelp

I have not had a need to use it in a year or so. IIRC, I saw up this topic that someone had been successful with Twitter contact recently. I never got any help out of the FP forum and the FP phone number has been no tech support for free accounts for years.

Feedback Score
    Looking for any other users reporting that voice calling thru the FP app is not working? Please confirm if you've noticed the same in the last few days!

I have seen a few complaints in the FP forum, but every one is answered with a generic "please continue this ticket privately".

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus, Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Voice calls only work through Wi-Fi.

Can't call in or out using cellular.

Texts work with Wi-Fi and cellular.

What's most weird is if you call in or out via cellular there is never an outgoing ring.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    TMo
    Feedback Score
    It seems they updated the app, and the old one doesn't work anymore.

Carrier(s)
    Truphone, FreeUp, FreedomPop US & MX, Toggle UK, Piranha, Netzclub DE, Simyo ES, Three UK
    Feedback Score
    Checking my FP LTE SIM and I'm showing no data service. No errors on my account. I tried installing the Messaging app to see if it fixed anything and it didn't. Used it without problem for some data last month. Looks like I'll be trying to get support via Twitter.

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by djphilosophy View Post
    Checking my FP LTE SIM and I'm showing no data service. No errors on my account. I tried installing the Messaging app to see if it fixed anything and it didn't. Used it without problem for some data last month. Looks like I'll be trying to get support via Twitter.
    My free plan data is still working.
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by djphilosophy View Post
    I had two to my accounts have no data last week, which got fixed after contacting them on twitter after 2-3 days.

Carrier(s)
    Truphone, FreeUp, FreedomPop US & MX, Toggle UK, Piranha, Netzclub DE, Simyo ES, Three UK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by y22225555 View Post
    I had two to my accounts have no data last week, which got fixed after contacting them on twitter after 2-3 days.
    Same situation for me: contacted them through Twitter. Initially they found nothing wrong, but after escalating to another tier, data service started working again (after 2-3 days without).

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    I have a question about re-upping with FP. I was on the annual 1gb plan, and recent bought another sim from Best Buy for $40, since the first is expiring in about two weeks. Do I have to activate it as a new line/number, or is there a way to apply the new 1yr plan to my old account? I assume if I have to activate it as a new account, I have to setup yet another email for it?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clocks11 View Post
    I have a question about re-upping with FP. I was on the annual 1gb plan, and recent bought another sim from Best Buy for $40, since the first is expiring in about two weeks. Do I have to activate it as a new line/number, or is there a way to apply the new 1yr plan to my old account? I assume if I have to activate it as a new account, I have to setup yet another email for it?
    1. you can use the same email, I believe on up to four lines total.
    2. it will have to be new line, most likely, unless you just want to renew original 1year plan for $60.
    3. if desired to keep the same phone number FP may charge you $10 for transfer although sometimes they may waive the fee for internal transfer if done by support personnel.

I would start from filing a support ticket although answer may take very long time.

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    Thanks. I was hoping to keep the same number, but no big deal either way. Happy to not have to setup yet another email for this.

Feedback Score
    All of my account says you don't have any plan signed up.
    No internet through freedompop SIM card.
    Out of service or our of business??

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus, Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Both of my accounts seem to be working fine.

Carrier(s)
    ATT,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by power_book View Post
    All of my account says you don't have any plan signed up.
    No internet through freedompop SIM card.
    Out of service or our of business??
    On my iOS app I got:

"Either you have not selected a phone number or your number has recently been deactivated due to inactivity. Please select a new phone number for your account"

I know I had at least a dozen calls from the line in the last month and as of 48 hours ago the web portal said my account was fine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by icebook View Post
    On my iOS app I got:

"Either you have not selected a phone number or your number has recently been deactivated due to inactivity. Please select a new phone number for your account"

I know I had at least a dozen calls from the line in the last month and as of 48 hours ago the web portal said my account was fine.
    The activity requirement is at least five completed outgoing calls of a minute or more or 5 MB data use a month. If you didn't make outgoing calls you could get deactivated.

In my experience, month to them means close to a 30 day period, i.e. minimum required use on just March 1 and April 30 would get you suspended.

Log on your online account and see it shows a suspended message. For me it has always popped up first thing when I logged on and all it takes to resume is click the reactivate button.

[Edit] Update: I just checked the one phone I have the calling app on. It is saying, "Activation Step Required." Touching the Activate button takes me to a web page to select a paid subscription. In my online account it says, "You have not signed up for FreedomPop service yet. Already have a device? Activate here."

I have had the free plan on this phone for several years. I just used this phone Monday for data and it worked.

There is no notice in the email for the account. Something is up at FP. I will check another phone.

[Edit] Another update: I checked all of our FP free accounts. Four have gone inactive. Two remain active as of a few minutes ago. We have had all of these for several years. Their minimum activity was all up to date. I used all of them Monday for data and they worked.

I will try to work up the enthusiasm to contact them on Twitter.
    Last edited by bobdevnul; 05-27-2020 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Update

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast