Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Moto G6 32gb refurb for $39

Device(s)
    LG V35, V20, iPhone SE, Moto E4, Galaxy Go Prime, Galaxy J3 Sky
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    saw this on ebay myself and am tempted to get it...I help take care of my sister who has seizures and I haven't exactly been in the best health the past year (but slowly getting better thankfully) and need something reliable. Little annoyances and glitches with my LG V35 culminated last night, went to fingerprint unlock the phone, I felt it vibrate like it normally does when unlocking except the screen stayed black like it was dead except I could see random vertical lines of white light bleeding through, no amount of time waiting fixed it so I power forced it off via power+volume button and the screen came back on...however, I don't trust it anymore. What if it was a life or death situation? Or what if a vehicle was broke down and I needed help in the middle of nowhere? I could go on and on with the woes I've had with the V35 but that was the apex of it last night...am unsure if something in the software/kernel is fried or is a hardware problem itself

another plus is it being verizon towers...my new place I moved to since my mother passed away in Feb gets very poor to non-existent ATT signal inside...only in weird certain spots. This side of town is well known to get good verizon signal even dating back 10+ years ago.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Thanks, I ordered one! Funny the blue one is so much cheaper than the black or brown. Not sure yet if I will use this phone until comparing it to my well liked G5 Plus. That will be easy because they work almost identical.
    I also had a G5 Plus. The G6 is only a bit taller but has a much larger screen because the home button is much smaller. There was some concern about the processor "downgrade" but I don't see much difference. If anything the G6 seems a tiny bit faster.

For me there was some angst going from a 64GB unit to 32GB. I put in a 64GB micro SD card as "adopted" and fingers crossed, hope that storage won't be an issue.

Otherwise the differences are minor. When the G6 came out I didn't upgrade because it wasn't worth $200 for the larger screen. For $35-$39? Yeah worth the upgrade.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mframe View Post
    The older Moto G7 Power/Play (Moto G7 Optimo Maxx and Optimo) phones also have B71 for TMO and B14 for AT&T.
    Thanks for the correction! Not sure how useful B14 is for AT&T, but B71 will be for T-Mo users.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rchang View Post
    I also had a G5 Plus. The G6 is only a bit taller but has a much larger screen because the home button is much smaller. There was some concern about the processor "downgrade" but I don't see much difference. If anything the G6 seems a tiny bit faster.

For me there was some angst going from a 64GB unit to 32GB. I put in a 64GB micro SD card as "adopted" and fingers crossed, hope that storage won't be an issue.
    The G5 Plus suffered by only having 2 GB RAM, which I think slows it down a bit. Will be easy to check with some of my apps that tend to run sluggish. From old habit with lesser phones, I don't run much in the background to keep RAM clear.

I can easily run everything on 32 GB storage without an SD card.

Feedback Score
    The G5 Plus suffered by only having 2 GB RAM, which I think slows it down a bit. Will be easy to check with some of my apps that tend to run sluggish. From old habit with lesser phones, I don't run much in the background to keep RAM clear.

I can easily run everything on 32 GB storage without an SD card.
    Then you will see a bigger improvement. Mine was an Amazon edition with 4GB of RAM.

Device(s)
    LG V35, V20, iPhone SE, Moto E4, Galaxy Go Prime, Galaxy J3 Sky
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    pulling the trigger right now and will keep it in a bag/backpack when I go anywhere for if/when the V35 bites the dust, totally don't trust it after the catastrophic failure the other night.

iirc, the 450 cpu, despite some elitists knocking it online, is basically the 625 from the Moto G5 Plus except a tiny bit clocked lower. Vanilla android with 3gb ram and octa core may be a sweet spot. The E4 is technically usable with budget 425 and 2gb ram but I guess apps have gotten heavier over the years, I notice slowdowns and stutters/jankiness I didn't before, although I haven't daily driven the budget thing in a few years since like 2018 in a pinch.

I've always wondered "what could have been" with the G5 Plus a few years ago...I opted for the el cheapo $40 E4 back then though...same way I opted for the el cheapo $30 LG Fuel in 2014 in the Kitkat days when the ~$200 first gen Moto G was the hot talk of the internet world.

Can I just say it's been very hard to move onto something other than the V35? I greatly value micro sd slot and headphone jack...for as much as people and companies ragged on apple for ditching it years ago, they sure did follow suit and copied them removing it too. I don't ever want to have to worry about charging some wireless earphones.

anyway, great deal, $39.99 for these specs is pretty sweet. 32gb should last me, I just put social media and some financial stuff and hangouts on the internal memory, pics/vids/music goes to SD card.

edit- nevermind, it sold out when I was checking out LMFAO.....RIP

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I just received mine about an hour ago. Wow-the phone is really nice looking. It came with the Verizon sim but I threw in an ATT BYOP sim from a very old phone and it seems just fine-made/received a call and received a photo from another phone just fine. It’s charging right now. Using a Samsung fast charger and the phone seems fine with that. Don’t have much experience with a Moto phone but the price was a deal.

Feedback Score
    Then you will see a bigger improvement. Mine was an Amazon edition with 4GB of RAM.
    Yes some G5s had 4GB/64GB. Many were 2GB/32GB. I got the refurb G6 today and it is snappier with some things. Did not try anything until the OS updates were done. This may be a keeper. Will swap in my G5 SIM to test network things.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    It does about 8 security updates, one right after the other. The Pie update came in the middle of all those updates. I didn`t time the Pie update but it did not take long, maybe 15 minutes at most. The security updates took much longer, beginning with late 2018, the last was Feb. 1, 2020.
    Sound is good, but I have Dolby Smart audio turned on.
    My experience was similar with the updates. My Internet is not very fast, so took a long time to do everything. About 50 minutes for Pie, and the following one was pretty slow too. Everything required reboots.

One thing disturbing is there is no fast way to turn off Location in Pie. Not in the Quick Settings, so you would have to go into Settings > Security and location to turn it off. Will have to monitor this for battery usage by any apps. GPS is very fast like my G5 Plus is.

Feedback Score
    You don't have this?Name:  Screenshot_20200516-234838~2.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  29.4 KB

Feedback Score
    You don't have this?
    Your quick settings menu snapshot does not look like a Moto G6. What is it from?

Mine looks like this:
    Name:  Screenshot_20200516-210029.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  23.8 KB

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    My experience was similar with the updates. My Internet is not very fast, so took a long time to do everything. About 50 minutes for Pie, and the following one was pretty slow too. Everything required reboots.

One thing disturbing is there is no fast way to turn off Location in Pie. Not in the Quick Settings, so you would have to go into Settings > Security and location to turn it off. Will have to monitor this for battery usage by any apps. GPS is very fast like my G5 Plus is.
    Pull down to completely open quick settings>tap the pencil>now scroll the screen upward to expose all the additional icons hidden down below.

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus, Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Pull down to completely open quick settings>tap the pencil>now scroll the screen upward to expose all the additional icons hidden down below.
    Yes, and once ALL the icons are displayed you can rearrange them. Put your most commonly used icons at the top so they can be accessed quickly from the pulldown.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Here is a really nice protective cover, but you will have a long wait for it to arrive. Go to the seller's store to see other similar covers of leather or fabric.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Case-for-Mo...r=574454132044

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/Z3/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone, RedPkt
    Feedback Score
    Your quick settings menu snapshot does not look like a Moto G6. What is it from? Mine looks like this:
    After you pull down the quick settings menu, see the 2 dots at the bottom? Swipe left, to see the second page.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast