Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stay Connected Discount

Device(s)
    Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score

Stay Connected Discount

ok i attempted to apply for the 1/2 off for three months. It has expired. they have a new plan.
    Thank you for your interest to our stay connected discount, Jeffrey but apologies also that this was already expired last 04/24/2020. What T-Mobile offers now is the collection hold. Once you have the hold, your account will stay active without making any payments for additional 60 days and you will also have the free international call and 20GB of mobile hotspot. This is T-Mobile way of helping our valued customer in times liked this.
    So what i was told was that you pay what you can for 60 days. this sound better than what they did offer.

Feedback Score
    They don't give me discount as I am on grandfathered tzone,

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, wife S10
    Carrier(s)
    T-M
    Feedback Score
    They aren't giving you anything. You just have an extra 2 months to pay full amount due.
    GoogleVoice (domestic call forwarding and cheap intl. calls) Use GV to give us a "home" number in a 2nd location
    8 T-Mobile lines - Unlimited talk and text, data. TM One plan. Get $10/mo. rebate on 7 lines for low data use. Net cost about $185-190/mo. We haven't had a landline in more than 17 years.

Device(s)
    Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethaler View Post
    They aren't giving you anything. You just have an extra 2 months to pay full amount due.
    I was told that it did not have to repay.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorp View Post
    I was told that it did not have to repay.
    A collection hold just means service will not be interrupted if you don't pay. The balance will continue to accrue and will need to be paid before the collection hold expires. "You don't have to pay" just means that a payment is not required to keep service active, not that your balance disappears.
    Castrol EDGE 0W-20 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone SE 2nd gen eSIM
    Secondary: TracFones: iPhone SE 2nd gen dual-SIM [AT&T] & iPhone XS [Verizon]
    Mobile Broadband: ZTE Z917 LTE hotspot (5GB for $10)

Device(s)
    Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    that sucks, because it is not like we asked for everything to be
    shut down.

Feedback Score
    Lol, so their "original" gesture of goodwill had a time line on it which has expired.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Limeybastard View Post
    Lol, so their "original" gesture of goodwill had a time line on it which has expired.

Seriously. Even with cornovirus still going on.

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5+, Any and all Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Limeybastard View Post

I suspect too many people jumped on it.

My guess is that the original idea was for T-Mo to silently offer this option to those who called in with trouble paying their bill, then it hit the "deal" websites and everyone started calling in and asking for it, prompting T-Mo to rethink this.

Honestly, just letting people temporarily switch to the new $15 and $25 plans would probably serve the same purpose, as long as they let grandfathered customers switch back to their grandfathered plans later.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post

My guess is that the original idea was for T-Mo to silently offer this option to those who called in with trouble paying their bill, then it hit the "deal" websites and everyone started calling in and asking for it, prompting T-Mo to rethink this.

Honestly, just letting people temporarily switch to the new $15 and $25 plans would probably serve the same purpose, as long as they let grandfathered customers switch back to their grandfathered plans later.

Your explanation sounds plausible. Cheers

Feedback Score

My thinking 100%. Even with that it's not like it's exactly the same as having unlimited data. There was a limit of 3GB

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wildhope View Post
    My thinking 100%. Even with that it's not like it's exactly the same as having unlimited data. There was a limit of 3GB
    Right, but the target audience was people stuck at home (and presumably out of work and needing a discount) because of the pandemic. The theory was that users would be using their home internet primarily and not need unlimited mobile data for the next 60 days.

T-Mo had nicely covered both extreme eventualities- those without home broadband to fall back on could get extra hotspot data free for their regular price, and those with home broadband could opt for the half-price deal in return for taking the 3GB limit.

My point was that some who missed the deal could try and get T-Mo let them switch to the new $15 (2GB) or $25 (5GB) plans during the crisis, and switch back to their regular plans after. At least if they can get T-Mo to agree and document on their account that they can move back to whatever discounts and promos they had prior to switching. Personally, I've been lucky getting customer service to switch me back to my grandfathered plan on two occasions when I've tried a newer plan temporarily, as long as I had CS document the SOC codes and a promise to switch me if the new plan didn't work out. (Both times it was because promised discounts couldn't be applied to the new plan due to systemic issues.)

I'm just hoping those who didn't need the discount and jumped on it didn't ruin it for those who needed it but didn't find out about it until it was too late.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, wife S10
    Carrier(s)
    T-M
    Feedback Score
    I'm just hoping those who didn't need the discount and jumped on it didn't ruin it for those who needed it but didn't find out about it until it was too late.
    That comment doesn't make sense. They didn't even ask if we "needed" a discount. Our regular plan, that we've had about 3 years, was a special heavily advertised plan. It saved us about 30% over the TM plan we then had. Should we not have signed up for it in case other potential customers "needed it more?"

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethaler View Post
    That comment doesn't make sense. They didn't even ask if we "needed" a discount. Our regular plan, that we've had about 3 years, was a special heavily advertised plan. It saved us about 30% over the TM plan we then had. Should we not have signed up for it in case other potential customers "needed it more?"

I'm not suggesting you did anything wrong, just that T-Mo probably didn't anticipate the number of people willing to take them up on the offer, and when hordes of customers seemed willing, T-Mo quietly withdrew the offer as fast as they originally made it.

When any company makes a gesture of goodwill, their bean counters have estimated the anticipated cost/impact. From where the cellular market (and T-Mo's current plan lineup!) is, it's clear that the Powers That Be assume we all want or need unlimited data, since almost every postpaid plan is structured that way.

The natural cynic in me (that gets me labeled as a "T-Mo hater" here, despite my cynicism being shared across all companies!) initially thought "Very smart move. Make a sincere looking offer that few in their right mind will actually take them up on due to the 3GB limit, and T-Mo can benefit from the PR, help the relatively few people that need help and are willing to submit to the data limit, and lose only a fairly small amount of revenue. Win-win-win."

But I'm guessing the best laid plans, etc. etc., and T-Mo found significantly more people were willing to move to a limited data plan for 50% off than they originally anticipated so they pulled the plug on the offer to contain the "damage."

If you look at the thread here, it seems some of you (particularly those who got in early) were given the offer just for asking, while others were told it was only for certain customers, etc. It sounds almost like T-Mo was trying to figure out how to contain it a little before pulling it altogether.

I considered jumping on it, but I'm glad I didn't. My mom's health has taken a bit of a turn for the worse, so I'm staying with her temporarily to help out, and my T-Mo service is now my primary internet (she's 89 and doesn't own a computer!) and I've already burned through well over 3GB in hotspot data since arriving.

It may be interesting to see what kind of impact that this offer and the new $15/$25 plans have on the carriers' current mindsets that we all want or need unlimited everything.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, wife S10
    Carrier(s)
    T-M
    Feedback Score
    Our regular plan is something like (can't recall details w.o. looking) that first 2 lines total about $60 or $70. Each line after that (6 lines) is $25. However - we get a $10 line kickback on each line that stays under 2G of data (7 lines usually do stay under) and $5/line for auto-pay. Most of us have good wifi (home and work) so rarely have need for lots of cell data. So, each line costs $10/mo.!! (after first 2). With 50% off, cost is $5/mo. which admittedly makes no sense!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast