Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast

Thread: Is the New T-Mobile now in the best Position to overtake At&t and Verizon in Coverage

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    Well, I don't intend to slog through 15k posts, but a quick search of "Jet1000" and terms like "pathetic", "desperate" and churn came up with a few...

T-Mo was both desperate and pathetic in this one..

https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...ile-sales-call

Here you "love seeing Verizon put T-Mobile in their place..."

https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...nt-as-T-Mobile

Here, you found their rural coverage "unusable and pathetic"...

https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...8#post14988418

Here they advertise their "pathetic" coverage:

https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...6#post15077896

And I'm not begrudging you your right to complain about T-Mo, just pointing out the irony that you apparently did it a decade ago, yet you pounce on any one who does it today, and ask them why they don't switch carriers if they're unhappy? (Ironically again, posters here a decade ago asked *you* why didn't you switch if you were unhappy!)
    Name:  giphy.111gif.gif
Views: 38
Size:  1.53 MB.........

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone X🅂, Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Name:  giphy.111gif.gif
Views: 38
Size:  1.53 MB.........
    I second this GIF. Bravo.
    - Bentley

AT&T 5G+, Oklahoma City

Feedback Score

As to Sprint's customers, I'm speaking in aggregate, not disparaging them individually- Sprint had relatively low ARPU, hence "less than desirable" (comparatively).
    Let's go back to your original quote: "and 30 million less than desirable customers". Your statement wasn't about the ARPU it clearly said customers. Of coursre you're disparaging them!

Plus, Sprint has run several low ball promo plans in the last few years in a desperate attempt to reduce churn and increase subscriber numbers, including unlimited talk, text, and data for free for 1-year, or as low as $25 indefinitely (Kickstart plan) hence "cheapskates".
    Again, you said "cheapskate customers". Again a very derogatory term. Perhaps the customers were good consumers who shopped for a good deal. But in your desire to bash millions of Sprint customers you attack them because of what they pay for service.

That speaks quite a bit to your character. Considering you're the one who constantly uses price as a reason for tolerating T-Mobile service that you have numerous and countless issues with.

Um, yes, I "peddled" AT&T for a few years in the late 1990's ('97-2002, IIRC) back when they were Cingular. In fact they were still SW Bell (pre-Bell South merger) when I first signed up as a dealer. Back then T-Mo was still Voicestream, so you characterizing me as an "AT&T loyalist" is a more than a wee bit disingenuous.
    You have already stated that when AT&T told you to drop selling Voicestream/T-Mobile you eagerly complied. Yes, it's clear where your loyalties lie.

Right, but those customers didn't ask to be merged into T-Mo. A bunch of Sprint customers, through no fault of their own, essentially just woke up one day with less coverage.
    And exactly what date did they wake up with less coverage? A search of recent news can't find such an occurrence.

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5+, Any and all Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Let's go back to your original quote: "and 30 million less than desirable customers". Your statement wasn't about the ARPU it clearly said customers. Of coursre you're disparaging them!

Again, you said "cheapskate customers". Again a very derogatory term. Perhaps the customers were good consumers who shopped for a good deal. But in your desire to bash millions of Sprint customers you attack them because of what they pay for service.

That speaks quite a bit to your character. Considering you're the one who constantly uses price as a reason for tolerating T-Mobile service that you have numerous and countless issues with.
    You're assuming it's disparaging. *I'm* a cheapskate customer and have never suggested otherwise (frankly, it's why I'm with T-Mo, and clearly why you were, or at least it was why you were a decade ago.) In fact the only reason I've been with T-Mo instead of Sprint over the years (which I've also mentioned many times) was that I've never liked Sprint's "whitelist" hardware restrictions; over the years I've often used oddball imported, unlocked, or otherwise non-carrier blessed devices incompatible with Sprint's network or policies.

I've already detailed in a different thread recently that I pay $120 for ten lines. Clearly *I'm* a less than desirable customer for T-Mo since my $12/line average drags their ARPU down. 'If yer not wi' 'em, yer agin' 'em'. If you're paying less than T-Mo's ARPU, you're dragging it down- that's how averages work...

And as to the "numerous and countless issues" you say I have with T-Mo it's mostly just the same issues I've run into multiple times; lousy rural coverage and stingy domestic roaming data allotments. Both of which are easy dealt with over the years by using a backup device on an AT&T or Verizon MVNO. I usually only mention these issues when one of the Faithful here pretend T-Mo coverage is second to none and try to shout down anyone reporting any coverage difficulties or dead spots anywhere. (Apparently the Faithful weren't around to silence you when you complained about T-Mo's slow 3G deployment back in the day...)

You have already stated that when AT&T told you to drop selling Voicestream/T-Mobile you eagerly complied. Yes, it's clear where your loyalties lie.
    Yes, my loyalties lie with my wallet and my family's well being. There was far more profit to be made in 1997 as a Cingular dealer than as a Voicestream dealer, particularly in a town at the extreme edge of Voicestream's service.

Besides, we're talking about 20 years ago. Even if what you said is true, I pledged this supposed loyalty to Cingular over Voicestream- two entities that no longer exist in the same form.

Loyalties obviously can change over time, especially comparing the bitterly anti-T-Mobile statements of yours I quoted from nine years ago (that you've decided not to address in this reply) to the sycophantic praise you invariably post about T-Mo today...

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Feedback Score
    *I'm* a cheapskate customer
    I have no issue if you want to disparage yourself personally.

I do take issue if you want to attack all subscribers of a former carrier in mass. You have no way of knowing how cheap they are.

Clearly *I'm* a less than desirable customer for T-Mo since my $12/line average drags their ARPU down.
    Clearly you're not. If you were less than desirable for T-Mobile they would simply end your rate plan. They have no legal obligation to continue to provide service at that price. They would simply issue you a notice saying that your rate plan is changing and it would be up to you to accept the new rate or terminate your service. Many companies in many fields do in fact operate that way. The fact that T-Mobile has not done this clearly shows that your statement above is incorrect.

Also with no announcement from T-Mobile that they are moving Sprint customers onto new rate plans, it also illustrates that they are not "less than desirable customers" as you falsely claim.

You use your post to disparage millions of Sprint customers and you can't even calculate that correctly! You throw out the number 30 million. Sprint had about 55 million by last count and they are sending approximately 7 or 8 million to Dish so that would still leave 43 million and not 30 million as you stated.

There was far more profit to be made in 1997 as a Cingular dealer than as a Voicestream dealer
    Since Cingular wasn't founded until 2000, there wasn't any profit to be had in 1997 as a Cingular dealer. Just more misinformation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AT%26T...gular_Wireless

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5+, Any and all Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

You use your post to disparage millions of Sprint customers and you can't even calculate that correctly! You throw out the number 30 million. Sprint had about 55 million by last count and they are sending approximately 7 or 8 million to Dish so that would still leave 43 million and not 30 million as you stated.
    Maybe only 30 million are undesirable and the other 25 million are the salt of the earth.

Wow. You deflect more than our president!

You're right. I don't keep track of exactly how many customers each carrier has or had at any one moment.

More importantly, I don't really care, which if you'll recall, was the point of this nonsense in the first place- it doesn't matter to the end user which carrier is #1, #2, or #3, as long as the customer is happy with their carrier.

This conversation we're having is an offshoot of T-Buttler's ridiculous comment that AT&T customers are suddenly disheartened that AT&T, at least by one metric, may have fallen to #3. That still leaves my prior question to him unanswered: how did he manage to console himself all of those years when his beloved carrier, T-Mobile, was number 3? I mean, sure, he can strut around like a peacock in heat *now* because T-Mo has jumped to number 2 for all of twenty minutes, but how did he raise his head and mingle with decent society when he knew deep down inside his carrier was a distant number 3? Oh, the humiliation and horror to those of us who derive our entire self-worth from the brands we consume!

So, yes, you caught me. I didn't Google the correct number before making a silly off the cuff comment to illustrate a point. I'll go hang my head in shame like the 90 million (Warning! I didn't Google that number either!) AT&T customers now despondent that their carrier slid to #3...

Since Cingular wasn't founded until 2000, there wasn't any profit to be had in 1997 as a Cingular dealer. Just more misinformation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AT%26T...gular_Wireless
    Apologies again, and another nice deflection. I misspoke and oversimplified. If you look really hard, I'll bet you can find a misspelling in my post too!

As I stated at some point earlier, it was still SW Bell when I first signed up. The SW Bell/BellSouth merger happened sometime between 1997 and 2003 (when my dealership was open). I'll take your (or Wikipedia's) word that sometime was 2000. In any case, neither entity was "AT&T" yet, who you claim I must be loyal to since I worked with one of their ancestors two decades ago. In fact in those days, before the merger "AT&T Wireless" was a competitor to SW Bell/Cingular prior to their merger a few years later (which I'll let you Google. I can't be bothered.)

And just to avoid any further misinformation and bring this back around to topics you're ignoring, Voicestream had transitioned to T-Mobile in 2002 after being bought by DT a full 10 years before you posted "I love to see Verizon putting T-Mobile in its place..."

Gasp! What would T-Buttler say?

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Is T-Mobile really in 2nd place in terms of customers or is that just marketing spin?

Either way I like T-Mobile just the same whether they are in 2nd or 3rd place

If they are in 2nd place I would expect some changes if they plan to stay in it or even try to get to 1st place. To gain the customers they would need for 1st place would require things like more generators at a minimum

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), Samsung S10e (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daisydoo View Post
    Is T-Mobile really in 2nd place in terms of customers or is that just marketing spin?

If they are in 2nd place I would expect some changes if they plan to stay in it or even try to get to 1st place. To gain the customers they would need for 1st place would require things like more generators at a minimum
    In the terms of 'Branded T-Mobile prepaid and postpaid lines' vs. AT&T they are slightly ahead.
    In the terms of actual overall lines (including MNVO), they are slightly behind
    In the terms of lines + 'devices', probably way behind (AT&T claims to have ~70M active IoT in addition)
    Much of this is marketing spin, for the 'everyone can claim they're the 'best' at something.
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Feedback Score
    It all depends on how the number of subscribers are counted and none of the carriers count them the same way. It's mostly marketing spin at this point. T-Mo bought Sprint and bingo! they can now add Sprint subscribers to their count. Doesn't mean much at this point. Show me the coverage and profit and I will be impressed.

Nah, the masses do not decide which service to use based on generators, or T-Mobile's lack of them. They don't know until they have no service in a disaster situation.

Right now Verizon is the only one with good service inside my house. Maybe someday T-Mo will be better. I have no more loyalty to any of them than they have to me.

Feedback Score
    More rural and better backup power would go a long way for T-Mobile. Hopefully both are in their plans.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9700 Bold 2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    More rural and better backup power would go a long way for T-Mobile. Hopefully both are in their plans.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    I hope so too. There are no more excuses for T-Mobile as they have the resources to make it happen.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I wouldn't expect every site (esp urban) to have redundant power. Most urban macro cells probably should have some form. Metro cells...not likely.
    If TMobile wants to get IoT /government contracts it will need to up its game.

Sent from my LM-G710 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    T-Mobile should also look into the space mobile company AST for satellite type coverage in hard to reach places. Att has already talked about it and Verizon will probably utilize it also. If it works as well as they claim I would imagine all the carriers jumping on it to fill in the gaps

Sounds like AST will sell wholesale airtime to carriers all over the world that want it and its supposed to work with cell phones instead of having to buy a sat phone

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It is an option... The question is... Does TMobile want/need the far end roaming service that badly? If they can flip it in exchange for other roaming for similar or lower cost... They might bite.

Sent from my LM-G710 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Galaxy S20 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I want to see some details about how space mobile is going to work. So far, they've raised less than $50M and they'll need to launch at least 250 one-ton+ satellites to achieve anything like global coverage. Getting signals inside buildings from LEO is going to take a lot of power.

OTOH, if it even works outdoors, it will be something. T-Mobile could use the PCS G-block for this.
    Donald Newcomb

Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast