Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the New T-Mobile now in the best Position to overtake At&t and Verizon in Coverage

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), Samsung S10e (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I've gone through email / BBB. Typically hasn't done much good. Best I can get is local engineers (use sparingly), or 2nd level support which might have some info on upgrades.
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Feedback Score
    No Verizon will be #1 in coverage. Sprint adds very little in terms of coverage. I roamed a lot on Verizon when I had sprint.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees65 View Post
    No Verizon will be #1 in coverage. Sprint adds very little in terms of coverage. I roamed a lot on Verizon when I had sprint.
    This is not surprising. I did as well when I used Sprint for work. I've had friends with Sprint out in the boonies claiming how they had service... but it was always Verizon roaming.
    It will be interesting to see what these people do once they lose Verizon roaming and use T-Mobile roaming, with, in many rural areas is not as good on coverage.

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus, Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    It will be interesting to see what these people do once they lose Verizon roaming and use T-Mobile roaming, with, in many rural areas is not as good on coverage.
    I thought Verizon roaming was replaced with ATT a year or so ago?

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Galaxy S20 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    I thought Verizon roaming was replaced with ATT a year or so ago?
    Sprint roamed AT&T LTE for data but Verizon's CDMA for voice.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It was almost 2years ago up near Big Bear, where my TMobile and AT&T phones where bricks, and those on Sprint had service

Sent from my LM-G710 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus 64GB and iPhone 11 PRO Max 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees65 View Post
    I think T-Mobile can overtake Verizon in coverage over time especially considering the new synergies after this sprint-T-Mobile merger. It won't happen over night but I think it is possible.
    Manners cost nothing, and also have the added benefit of making a man. You know, it is entirely possible to rise above others, without stooping to pushing them under, and putting them down.
    My Sister is a supervisor at T-Mobile's Salem Oregon Call center. Loyal T-Mobile customer of 16 Years.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trees12 View Post
    I think T-Mobile can overtake Verizon in coverage over time especially considering the new synergies after this sprint-T-Mobile merger. It won't happen over night but I think it is possible.
    I question that given vzw spends more money. TMobiles capex for 2020 vzw spend on the first 6 months

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Nexus 5x, Pixel 4a, Pixel 4XL, Moto X4, Moto G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Visible
    Feedback Score
    Synergy is a wonderful word that sounds good but explains little. T-Mobile can make a run at Verizon by putting up addition towers and transmitter/receivers. It’s not their strong suit but maybe they’ll try. I really want them to do it because when in a strong T-Mobile area, it works like a champ.
    Nexus 5x, Pixel 2, 3, 3a, Moto X4, G6 & G7 on Google Fi
    iPhone XR & ZTE R2 on Visible

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax, OnePlus 8 5G
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterfield View Post
    Synergy is a wonderful word that sounds good but explains little. T-Mobile can make a run at Verizon by putting up addition towers and transmitter/receivers. It’s not their strong suit but maybe they’ll try. I really want them to do it because when in a strong T-Mobile area, it works like a champ.
    Synergies including increased revenues without running two networks, nationwide 600MHz to use with that increased revenue, along with AT&T and Verizon selling most of, if not all sites to 3rd parties

They can easily do it, I mean hell FirstNet areas for AT&T usually far surpass Verizon for coverage AND speed

It’s gonna be interesting to see where this ends up over the next 5yrs or so once sprint gets integrated and they see the increased cash flow from operating a single network.
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT$T: $50 Unlimited Elite Prepaid promo (for more “rural” areas)

Feedback Score

Is the New T-Mobile now in the best Position to overtake At&t and Verizon in Coverage

Quote Originally Posted by Peterfield View Post
    Yeah in their good spots they work extremely well, often better than the rest

It’s those rough spots they need to get rid of

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    Synergies including increased revenues without running two networks, nationwide 600MHz to use with that increased revenue, along with AT&T and Verizon selling most of, if not all sites to 3rd parties

They can easily do it, I mean hell FirstNet areas for AT&T usually far surpass Verizon for coverage AND speed

It’s gonna be interesting to see where this ends up over the next 5yrs or so once sprint gets integrated and they see the increased cash flow from operating a single network.
    T-Mobile definitely has the tools now to match both att and Verizon. Will take time but they are quite capable now if they truly want to

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Yeah they’re gonna spend an additional $40 billion in CAPEX over 3 years. Their plan is to build America’s largest and most reliable 5G network. I suspect they may need to increase that amount.

Network integration is tricky and it does take resources. Thankfully T-Mobile has planned for this and has a team dedicated to this so it doesn’t interfere with their robust plans for their anchor network.

It reminds me of Verizon’s earlier days when they were really hungry for customers and obsessed with coverage. But I’m more impressed with Magenta since they didn’t have to buy a company (Alltel) with an already established large rural network in order to serve rural customers. They are building it from the ground up.

“The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    IPHONE 11
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post

T-Mobile will certainly surpass att in the next few years. They are deploying new coverage at a furious pace.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Urban/Suburban, I agree. True rural... I'm still doubtful that T-Mobile will deploy much more than paper thin for some time 'unless' Sprint customers start leaving in droves to VZW/AT&T for the coverage that they've had through roaming.
    Places like the Lake Placid area (Adirondaks), T-Mobile still roams a LOT on AT&T for much of the area.. and Verizon still has local deployed services (eg. Tupper Lake).
    Alaska is another area that I don't see T-Mobile massively deploying anytime soon (a LOT of coverage on AT&T in comparison, a lot of roaming by T-Mobile - all Alaska is roaming for T-Mobile customers).
    This comes down to cost/benefit. This is where I don't believe that T-Mobile will 'surpass AT&T in the next few years'. Covering an urban block vs. hundreds of sq. miles in these rural areas are quite different. Having thousands/tens of thousands pass by daily vs. a few people daily/weekly.

Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast