Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast
Results 361 to 375 of 543

Thread: Is the New T-Mobile now in the best Position to overtake At&t and Verizon in Coverage

  1. #361
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    581
    Carrier(s)
    Att
    Feedback Score
    0
    Its going to be hard to pass firstnet I think for any carrier from a coverage standpoint. They seem to be adding rural coverage in spots no other carrier has covered before.
    Tmobiles advantage for a while will be 5g so will be interesting how it pans out
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloTF View Post
    You guys find the weirdest things to argue about constantly.

    The statement reads as a prediction. So...

    Source: his head
    Evidence: wait and see

    I don't think they'll pass AT&T given they have FirstNet and OnStar... but Verizon is the real elephant in the room... can they maintain their position over the next decade?

  2. #362
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,030
    Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
    All we ask is the opportunity to post T-Mobile experiences whether good or bad, without getting jumped on and being called a T-Mobile hater, Verizon or att lover.

    That's it. Doesn't mean we hate T-Mobile. I have a T-Mobile line I like but they can improve like any other carrier can, none are perfect

    Please please please stop jumping on us. We aren't as bad as you think. Give us a chance for once

    Let's drop the nonsense all of us, call a truce and make the boards fun again.

    Eddie all you seem to do is coming over to a T-Mobile board to pump up AT&T and join the angry AT&T and Verizon fans that are upset now that T-Mobile is showing both AT&T and Verizon up in 5G service nationwide. Everyone that saw T-Mobile new 1.2Gbps in New York City with 5G are now all attacking T-Mobile for being better than AT&T and Verizon in 5G nationwide.

    Let’s face it T-Mobile even owns more mmWave spectrum than AT&T so get use to T-Mobile becoming better. AT&T wants to be a media company now. The best AT&T can do is pretend their LTE is 5G by putting on that fake 5Ge logo on AT&T customers phones. It is T-Mobile job to educate the AT&T customers that have been lied to by AT&T.

    So you now claim to have T-Mobile service. Really seems strange to me that if AT&T is as great at coverages as you claim even in Bugtussel and Hooterville that you would need another network. Why does almost ever AT&T fan that comes to this board has to bash T-Mobile and Kowtow to AT&T which they seem to think is the perfect Network even with them lying to their customers with 5Ge.

    Name:  55C81C7E-DC0C-4A01-9AF2-A4D86A74DE10.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  53.4 KB
    Last edited by shilohcane; 05-21-2020 at 08:41 AM.

  3. #363
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    6,562
    Device(s)
    iPhone (Silver) Xs Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    (Dual Sim) T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!! Xfinity Mobile (Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    0
    I hope Atlanta is one of the next markets to get layer caked up.

    Also can't wait to be able to subscribe to T-Mobile home internet.

    Then we have the new T-Mobile Uncarrier announcement today at 11am EDT.

    Magenta is well on its way.


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Hofo Veteran - Magenta Disciple

  4. #364
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    581
    Carrier(s)
    Att
    Feedback Score
    0

    Is the New T-Mobile now in the best Position to overtake At&t and Verizon in Coverage

    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Eddie all you seem to do is coming over to a T-Mobile board to pump up AT&T and join the angry AT&T and Verizon fans that are upset now that T-Mobile is showing both AT&T and Verizon up in 5G service nationwide. Everyone that saw T-Mobile new 1.2Gbps in New York City with 5G are now all attacking T-Mobile for being better than AT&T and Verizon in 5G nationwide.

    Letís face it T-Mobile even owns more mmWave spectrum than AT&T so get use to T-Mobile becoming better. AT&T wants to be a media company now. The best AT&T can do is pretend their LTE is 5G by putting on that fake 5Ge logo on AT&T customers phones. It is T-Mobile job to educate the AT&T customers that have been lied to by AT&T.

    So you now claim to have T-Mobile service. Really seems strange to me that if AT&T is as great at coverages as you claim even in Bugtussel and Hooterville that you would need another network. Why does almost ever AT&T fan that comes to this board has to bash T-Mobile and Kowtow to AT&T which they seem to think is the perfect Network even with them lying to their customers with 5Ge.

    Name:  55C81C7E-DC0C-4A01-9AF2-A4D86A74DE10.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  53.4 KB
    You and butler jump on anyone who isnít worshiping T-Mobile. Makes no sense. Seems like you 2 want to get everyone banned that arenít T-Mobile worshippers.

    Iíve probably had a T-Mobile line longer than you but just for pointing out the flaws they may have doesnít mean I hate them. All carriers suck at something

    I just want civil conversations regardless of carrier

    Plus I want T-Mobile to do as well as possible. I like T-Mobile but they arenít the only carrier I have so Iím going to mention other carriers also. Nothing wrong with that

  5. #365
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    527
    Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Letís face it T-Mobile even owns more mmWave spectrum than AT&T so get use to T-Mobile becoming better.
    Name:  55C81C7E-DC0C-4A01-9AF2-A4D86A74DE10.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  53.4 KB
    Maybe itís because Iím asking a logical question that no one wants to answer or maybe Iím just wasting my time and I would be better off beating my head off a wall but for the love of god can you please answer the following question.

    How does T-Mo getting better make any carrier get worse?

    I have not seen one single person on here deny that T-Mo isnít improving speed or coverage but that doesnít magically make another worse. Itís spurs competition and if people leave their current carrier in droves like people claim and flock to T-Mo then the other carriers will only speed up as the congestion on the other carriers eases up.



    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

  6. #366
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    11,222
    Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Buttler View Post
    Amazing how the att lovers try tell T-Mobile how to run there network. Maybe you should give advice to your beloved carrier instead.
    Take a break from the site for a few days. Not every post asking a question, stating an opinion or sharing a personal experience that contradicts yours is a personal attack against you. I'm tired of feeling like a babysitter because of some of you.

    Quote Originally Posted by BentleyBeard View Post
    If you even state a single good thing about a carrier thatís not T-Mobile, youíll get demonized with the ďbeloved carrierĒ terms.

    When people donít have facts and logic to back up their claims, they resort to name calling and stating false (or, alternative) facts.
    You have been previously warned for this type of nonsense. If you don't like it here, don't visit. Posts like this do nothing but stir things up and cause problems--making you part it, right or not. If there's an issue, report posts and stay out of it.

    Quote Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
    Yeah its painful to post on the T-Mobile board these days.
    The same goes for you. Posts like this are just as much a problem as someone taking part in name-calling and being disrespectful.

    And here we go again...

    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Eddie all you seem to do is coming over to a T-Mobile board to pump up AT&T and join the angry AT&T and Verizon fans that are upset now that T-Mobile is showing both AT&T and Verizon up in 5G service nationwide. Everyone that saw T-Mobile new 1.2Gbps in New York City with 5G are now all attacking T-Mobile for being better than AT&T and Verizon in 5G nationwide.

    Letís face it T-Mobile even owns more mmWave spectrum than AT&T so get use to T-Mobile becoming better. AT&T wants to be a media company now. The best AT&T can do is pretend their LTE is 5G by putting on that fake 5Ge logo on AT&T customers phones. It is T-Mobile job to educate the AT&T customers that have been lied to by AT&T.

    So you now claim to have T-Mobile service. Really seems strange to me that if AT&T is as great at coverages as you claim even in Bugtussel and Hooterville that you would need another network. Why does almost ever AT&T fan that comes to this board has to bash T-Mobile and Kowtow to AT&T which they seem to think is the perfect Network even with them lying to their customers with 5Ge.

    Name:  55C81C7E-DC0C-4A01-9AF2-A4D86A74DE10.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  53.4 KB
    Haven't I asked that you not make arguments personal with each other? Haven't I asked that you stick to arguing points in people's post, not the people themselves? Haven't I asked that you be respectful to each other? This T-Mobile section isn't only for those that love T-Mobile, it's for anyone that has questions, comments, concerns, or opinions about T-Mobile.

    C'mon people, this really isn't that hard. Start acting like civilized people and not like children. The staff is growing tired of this behavior, and this thread that seems to demand these behaviors be on display for all to see.

    Become a Premium Member or Advertiser here!
    Want to use a referral link in your signature, support the forums by becoming a Premium Member!
    Have you read the forum rules lately?
    If you have a problem with a post for any reason, please report it rather than responding to it, and a moderator will be along shortly.

  7. #367
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    15,171
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    And I agree that no one on Verizon should be spending $1000 on a 5G phone right now. Where we disagree is that I don't think T-Mo customers should either!
    Because if they did, that would be mean that the T-Mobile customers would be getting faster speeds and better performance with 5G. But fortunately it isn't up to you what devices T-mobile customers buy.

    I do side by side comparisons in the same location with LTE compared to 5G and the 5G tests are always faster. T-Mobile has the largest most available 5G network in the country and it's only going to get larger and faster. Tmobile's competitors are going to have to get used to these massive 5G advances by T-Mobile.

  8. #368
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    2,480
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone X🅂, Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    ...Looks like AT&T will keep flashing their 5Ge logo so they can keep lying to their customers that they have wide coverage with 5G NR. I even had a AT&T customer show me the 5Ge logo on his phone that he claimed proved AT&T has 5G.[/B]
    Oh, so like what T-Mobile does in my market, just without the ďEĒ at the end of 5G.

    If youíre going to call out AT&T for misleading customers, we might as well call every carrier out for their BS. So Iíll do that too.

    No 5G ó I disabled it. Yet it still shows the icon.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - Bentley


    AT&T 5G+, Oklahoma City

  9. #369
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    15,171
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BentleyBeard View Post
    Oh, so like what T-Mobile does in my market, just without the ďEĒ at the end of 5G.

    If youíre going to call out AT&T for misleading customers, we might as well call every carrier out for their BS. So Iíll do that too.
    Do you have evidence that T-Mobile is behind that? Or is that just an issue with a malfunction of the device that the manufacturer is responsible for?

  10. #370
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,987
    Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5+, Any and all Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Because if they did, that would be mean that the T-Mobile customers would be getting faster speeds and better performance with 5G. But fortunately it isn't up to you what devices T-mobile customers buy.

    I do side by side comparisons in the same location with LTE compared to 5G and the 5G tests are always faster. T-Mobile has the largest most available 5G network in the country and it's only going to get larger and faster. Tmobile's competitors are going to have to get used to these massive 5G advances by T-Mobile.
    I don't doubt you get more speed with 5G than with 4G; why wouldn't you? I assume you get more speed from your Lamborghini than from your Prius, too. That explains why Lamborghinis are the best selling car in America... Oh, wait...

    So you're the perfect guy to answer the as of yet unanswered question from anyone I've asked: what do *you* get from the extra speed? What application or feature are you using today with 5G that you couldn't use (or use as well) yesterday with 4G?

    I'm not telling anyone they can't buy a 5G phone. I'm just saying they probably shouldn't, because there's little practical immediate benefit, making it a questionable value while initial prices are high. But if someone's found a solid use case, or is a hobbyist who enjoys this sort of thing, don't let me stop you. I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what they've done with extra speed, (other than post screenshot brags here.)

    Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

  11. #371
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    16,414
    Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    ..... What application or feature are you using today with 5G that you couldn't use (or use as well) yesterday with 4G?

    I'm not telling anyone they can't buy a 5G phone. I'm just saying they probably shouldn't, because there's little practical immediate benefit, ....
    It's not a special application. It's just a counter to congestion in urban markets. Out here in the 'burbs I'm happy with my cheapie Moto G7 Power with 2CA. If I lived in NYC or L.A., Philly or maybe even Atlanta, you'd better believe that I'd shell out the bucks for a 5g phone with all the bands and massive carrier aggregation. Now, part of this has to do with the fact that T-Mobile, so far, has not used any band-41 spectrum for LTE. That may change but ITMT, if you want a phone that works in urban areas, you need to go big.
    Donald Newcomb

  12. #372
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,987
    Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5+, Any and all Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    It's not a special application. It's just a counter to congestion in urban markets. Out here in the 'burbs I'm happy with my cheapie Moto G7 Power with 2CA. If I lived in NYC or L.A., Philly or maybe even Atlanta, you'd better believe that I'd shell out the bucks for a 5g phone with all the bands and massive carrier aggregation. Now, part of this has to do with the fact that T-Mobile, so far, has not used any band-41 spectrum for LTE. That may change but ITMT, if you want a phone that works in urban areas, you need to go big.
    Interesting thought.

    Personally, I tend to go low rather than go big. When I encounter congestion in Denver, I switch down to 3G and the problem typically goes away. The ironic part is that I sometimes forget to switch back and don't notice for a day or two, which suggests at least in my case, not only do I not need 5G speed, I apparently never really required LTE either...



    Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

  13. #373
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    4,079
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB Midnight Green
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Do you have evidence that T-Mobile is behind that? Or is that just an issue with a malfunction of the device that the manufacturer is responsible for?
    Thatís upper layer indicator. Not a manufacturer problem, and the same thing would likely happen on AT&T. Itís just the network letting the phone know that there is a 5G site nearby and lets your phone display the 5G indicator, even if you arenít actually connected to 5G. Stand Alone will be a lot more honest, but you can fault the 3GPP for whatís going on, not AT&T or T-Mobile.


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

    Chicago, IL‎ ----------------------------------------------------‎ ‎Duluth, MN
    2+46+46+46+4 (85 MHz DL, 15 MHz UL) ---------------- 4+14 UL CA (30 MHz DL/UL)

  14. #374
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    15,171
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    That’s upper layer indicator. Not a manufacturer problem, and the same thing would likely happen on AT&T. It’s just the network letting the phone know that there is a 5G site nearby and lets your phone display the 5G indicator, even if you aren’t actually connected to 5G. Stand Alone will be a lot more honest, but you can fault the 3GPP for what’s going on, not AT&T or T-Mobile.
    Good to know. Thanks for the explanation.

  15. #375
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles/Canada
    Posts
    11,739
    Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), Samsung S10e (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    Interesting thought.

    Personally, I tend to go low rather than go big. When I encounter congestion in Denver, I switch down to 3G and the problem typically goes away. The ironic part is that I sometimes forget to switch back and don't notice for a day or two, which suggests at least in my case, not only do I not need 5G speed, I apparently never really required LTE either...



    Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    I suspect that you're not the only one. Sometimes I set my phone to B71 only to map out the area. There are only 6 sites covering b71, so often speed / signal is awful, but still usable, and won't notice until buffering.

    Sent from my LM-G710 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The New Virgin Mobile Is Here!
    By indyrunr89 in forum Virgin Mobile USA
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 03-08-2015, 12:20 AM
  2. 5 Ways the new T-Mobile is stretching the truth
    By corrupt81 in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 03-31-2013, 01:11 PM
  3. Best Way to Get Hands Free Calling and Music in my Truck?
    By rlu929s in forum iPhone/iPad/iPod touch Accessories
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-28-2008, 12:14 PM
  4. how to get AT&T SIM and Blackberry in UK?
    By michael_98101 in forum AT&T
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-22-2008, 03:00 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-02-2004, 01:08 AM

Bookmarks