Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: Is the New T-Mobile now in the best Position to overtake At&t and Verizon in Coverage

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Is the New T-Mobile now in the best Position to overtake At&t and Verizon in Coverage

Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    Yes, in parts of BFE, AT&T/Verizon do have more sites built.
    Not all rural locations are equal. Some are more equal than others.
    Eg. Lucerne Valley, CA
    - AT&T has a B2 (20x20) + B12 (10x10) site - church
    - T-Mobile has a B4 (20x20) + B12 (5x5) + B71 (15x15) site - church
    - Verizon - B4/B13/B66

Where the difference comes - is how far to the next site.
    T-Mobile is west - "In" Apple Valley itself - gap actually drops service
    AT&T is west - but ~5 miles closer
    Verizon is west - but literally has one 1/2 the distance of T-Mobile's away.

Similarly - going towards BigBear -
    T-Mobile... no sites from Lucerne Valley to Baldwin Lake. Basically a gap from Cushenbury to Baldwin Lake
    AT&T - very similar to T-Mobile
    Verizon - 1 site at Cushenbury, one site in the San Bernardino Natl' Forest going up the grade, and one at Lake Baldwin.

'
    Urbran coverage here is a bit different. T-Mobile has more sites - and less spectrum deployed.
    T-Mobile B4 - 20x20 (all), B2 10x10 (all), B12 (5x5) most, B71 (15x15) few
    AT&T - B4 - 10x10, B2 20x20, B12 10x10, B14 10x10, B29 5MHz, B30 10x10
    Verizon - B2, B4, B13, B5 - '
    I haven't used VZW for a long time - so I can't vouch for performance. What I can still note - VZW in most rural places that I've been to, has more sites built, followed by AT&T, then T-Mobile and then Sprint.
    Have you checked the Sprint sites in or around these areas that now belong to T-Mobile that they could benefit from?

I know south of Hesperia in the Summit Valley area (Hwy 173) ATT has service for a half a mile stretch where T-Mobile has none.

Both have no service just before hitting the 15 FWY but T-Mobile picks up service about a quarter mile before ATT just before the I-15 on ramp.

You should check out T-Mobile’s coverage in the hills/wilderness just north of Apple Valley. It’s pretty on-par with ATT with both losing service and reconnecting to the network. I was out there driving the backroads and trails with my brother-in-law in some pretty remote stretches.

He is a die-hard ATT customer since the Pac-Bell/Cingular days with no plans on ever switching.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Funny thing about that. At&t has what was old At&t Wireless, while TMobile has what was Pacbell/Cingular's network. I was on old At&t Wireless back then from its TDMA and early GSM 1900 days. Pacbell was actually better back then, as At&take network was AMPS/TDMA 850/1900 spaced for... 850, with big holes in coverage on GSM 1900. Pacbell was built from the start as GSM 1900.

Sent from my LM-G710 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BentleyBeard View Post
    I don’t disagree, but I also don’t agree, if that makes sense.

Yes, deploying 600MHz on sites will help improve coverage, but the reliability is what T-Mobile’s service is lacking.

Common notion is the more sites, the more robust service. This is why Verizon and AT&T go out of their way to build sites in BFE with 700/850MHz, instead of slapping additional carriers onto macros. It’s not about having a signal, but rather having a consistently operable one (i.e. Not Faux-G).
    Yeah, the point I was trying to make and didn't adequately elaborate was that putting bands 71 and n71 on their existing and Sprint acquired towers, where the towers can take the weight and wind load*, would get them some quick and easy rural expansion - with the emphasis on some, quick and easy, not good and job done.

The rest will be hard and expensive to turn T-Mo into a good nationwide carrier including rural. T-Mo does have a plan and capital funds. I expect they will do well. During the recent earnings conference call they said they expect to build out over the next three years.

*It isn't apparent to me looking at antenna panels on a tower from afar, but band 71/n71 antenna panels are about the size of a surfboard. Wind load and weight are considerations.

Feedback Score
    Att seems to currently be in better spectrum shape than verizon. With tmobile being in good shape now seems like verizon is the one that really needs midband now

Seems like if tmobile builds aggressively they could have a 5g advantage for a while

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Have you checked the Sprint sites in or around these areas that now belong to T-Mobile that they could benefit from?

I know south of Hesperia in the Summit Valley area (Hwy 173) ATT has service for a half a mile stretch where T-Mobile has none.

Looks like an Edison power line build
    https://www.google.com/maps/@34.3114...7i13312!8i6656

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daisydoo View Post
    Att seems to currently be in better spectrum shape than verizon. With tmobile being in good shape now seems like verizon is the one that really needs midband now

Seems like if tmobile builds aggressively they could have a 5g advantage for a while
    In general, I agree. Verizon in more urban areas are spectrum starved, and in rural - backhaul starved (or just have that many more users).
    I do think that T-Mobile will deploy a good bit in urban/suburban areas - as that is where their customer base/revenue comes from. They can/will build out rurally, but as it is a lower ROI, and much of their deployment of B12 was complete (B71 would use same infra), I suspect that it is not their immediate concern.
    I said similar of AT&T back when they deployed 3G/4G.

Feedback Score

Is the New T-Mobile now in the best Position to overtake At&t and Verizon in Coverage

In general, I agree. Verizon in more urban areas are spectrum starved, and in rural - backhaul starved (or just have that many more users).
    I do think that T-Mobile will deploy a good bit in urban/suburban areas - as that is where their customer base/revenue comes from. They can/will build out rurally, but as it is a lower ROI, and much of their deployment of B12 was complete (B71 would use same infra), I suspect that it is not their immediate concern.
    I said similar of AT&T back when they deployed 3G/4G.
    T-Mobile certainly has a huge spectrum advantage on Verizon for quite some time. Sprint built out their band 41 across most of the US , I would expect T-Mobile has the same goals in mind. I don’t see n41 just deployed in urban areas.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Looks like an Edison power line build
    https://www.google.com/maps/@34.3114...7i13312!8i6656
    Good find. Thanks!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Good find. Thanks!
    That's the one nice thing on Cellmapper - triangulation/geo-tagging and user tagging, along with Google Maps, you can pretty much find ever cell out there.

Device(s)
    iPhone (Silver) Xs Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    (Dual Sim) T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!! Xfinity Mobile (Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Philadelphia & New York...

That is all...

Hofo Veteran - Magenta Disciple

Device(s)
    IPhone Xr
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, AT&T Mobley
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wide_opeN View Post

That is all...

pretty useless for those who don’t live there.
    Paul Thurrott:
    Not now mom, somebody's wrong on the Internet

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone X🅂, Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wide_opeN View Post

That is all...

It can be broken down even further than that.

* Downtown / City Center in Philadelphia
    * Manhattan in NY
    - Bentley

AT&T 5G+, Oklahoma City

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BentleyBeard View Post
    It can be broken down even further than that.

* Downtown / City Center in Philadelphia
    * Manhattan in NY
    Neville told me yesterday that no 2.5 is planned yet for my area ( northern NJ) They’re looking to finish upgrading sites that need 600 MHz first then they’ll come back and aggressively add 2.5. I had this vision that they would add everything in one shot, but apparently that doesn’t seem to be the case.

Device(s)
    iPhone (Silver) Xs Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    (Dual Sim) T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!! Xfinity Mobile (Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Ahhh yes... The "hate" is thick as ever and firmly entrenched amongst other topics.

KEEP SHINING 🤩

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast