Thread: Porting non cell numbers to Cricket

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Porting non cell numbers to Cricket

So why won't Cricket allow you to port non cell numbers to their service? Are the other major carriers like this as well? The last few times I ported a number to Cricket I used Tello to port a number over but that requires a new sim at Tello and a few hoops to jump through.

I know there is other providers you can use also to do this same thing, and there is ebay if you don't care what number is ported over, but I would like to port numbers that I have from various voip providers such as Twilio, Anveo, Voip.ms, Number Barn, Google Voice, etc. etc.

Is there a reason Cricket won't port these voip numbers even though you can prove ownership of them?

Not a huge deal, just curious, and it sure would be a lot less hassle to port a number over.......

Feedback Score
    try porting to google voice, then port to cricket - https://www.reddit.com/r/CricketWire...er_to_cricket/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by curvefan View Post
    So why won't Cricket allow you to port non cell numbers to their service? Are the other major carriers like this as well? The last few times I ported a number to Cricket I used Tello to port a number over but that requires a new sim at Tello and a few hoops to jump through.

I know there is other providers you can use also to do this same thing, and there is ebay if you don't care what number is ported over, but I would like to port numbers that I have from various voip providers such as Twilio, Anveo, Voip.ms, Number Barn, Google Voice, etc. etc.

Is there a reason Cricket won't port these voip numbers even though you can prove ownership of them?

Not a huge deal, just curious, and it sure would be a lot less hassle to port a number over.......
    Cricket Only Allows Ports From Other Wireless Providers. Tip:You can port to Tello pay 5.00 for the month data only.
    or you can port to Ting and pay 6.00 + T&F non usage T/T/D for the month and port over to Cricket any time during the current month before you have to pay again. Both providers have Account info to port out on your account portal.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Thanks guys, again, I was just curious as to why some carriers such as Cricket will only port in cell numbers. Apparently much easier than land lines? What makes it easier to port in a cell number as opposed to a voip/landline?

Cricket will not let you port in a Google Voice number, at least the last time I tried, they would not port GV numbers.

And again, I realize there are other indirect ways such as Tello and Ting and even ebay, but That means a few hoops to jump through and I'm not a hoop jumper.

Thanks for your input guys .....

Feedback Score
    It wasn't like this until a few years ago. When I switched in 2014 I ported a couple GV numbers in without issue.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Cheaper/easier/quicker to port in wireless than non wireless. Try porting a land line number? Takes almost a week to get everything in order. People want immediate gratification. Corporate decision. I don't think postpaid has this issue.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    Cheaper/easier/quicker to port in wireless than non wireless. Try porting a land line number? Takes almost a week to get everything in order. People want immediate gratification. Corporate decision. I don't think postpaid has this issue.
    Yeah, sounds about right.

I swear though that it only took a day or two to port Google Voice numbers and Voip.ms numbers to other carriers. Not Cricket of course.

But there were other ports where non cell numbers did take a week to ten days or so to port. Go figure.

I guess to port a non cell number to Cricket I'm gonna have to learn hoop jumping. LOL!!!

Thanks all....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    I did it from GV in store in 2014 and it happened within a couple hours. I don't think GV is really the same as a landline as far as classification since it's VOIP. My guess is they got rid of support for it since it's easy to get a number for $3 to get phone deals. Just my 2c.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by echance20 View Post
    Cricket Only Allows Ports From Other Wireless Providers. Tip:You can port to Tello pay 5.00 for the month data only.
    or you can port to Ting and pay 6.00 + T&F non usage T/T/D for the month and port over to Cricket any time during the current month before you have to pay again. Both providers have Account info to port out on your account portal.
    Question about Ting. If I port one of my Google Voice or other landline/voip numbers to Ting, after activating service with Ting, can I immediately port this number to Cricket, or is there a day or two waiting period before you can port out after activation? Cricket is offering a $15.00/mo. plan with UT&T plus 2GB of data and I'm thinking of porting to this plan after activating on Ting. Supposedly new sign ups for this Cricket plan end on May 14th, so times a factor.

Thanks....