Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Visible vs. Verizon Prepaid

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmsilver99 View Post
    Tried some referral link today for Visible which showed $20 for first month but as soon as you click to proceed the referral promo disappears and it goes back to $25. So I guess referral is dead. Cashback sites offer 15 or 16% CB on first purchase which sucks if you do BYOD. It use to be $10 flat for signing up for a Visible line

Btw last night I did a speedtest on VZW Prepaid at 1:45am and got 80Mbps down. Just tried again and got 66Mbps down at 3pm on a Sunday. That was near a window which is the best spot in my apartment. In the middle of my apartment I get 20-25Mpbs down. I understand why networks want to throttle because these lines are not meant to replace home internet service. I generally use 200-300gbs per month which is not use but not sure I could get away with that on an unlimited mobile plan. Currently paying $20 flat for 25Mbps Comcast which is fine.

My VZW prepaid is paid through the 25th so I will be switching to Visible within the next two weeks and I will repeat the speedtests. How far in advance do you think I need to place my order to get the sim in time ?
    Visible ships overnight via FedEx. If you are porting a number there have been reports of trouble retrieving a number from Verizon or Verizon MVNO - almost as though the left hand of Verizon has trouble exchanging with the right hand. SIM should be overnight but port could take a couple of days after receipt of SIM.

Dan

Carrier(s)
    Current: Visible. Former: Verizon, at&t, Sprint, SunCom, PrimeCo, GTE Wireless, Contel Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by saverdan View Post
    Visible ships overnight via FedEx. If you are porting a number there have been reports of trouble retrieving a number from Verizon or Verizon MVNO - almost as though the left hand of Verizon has trouble exchanging with the right hand. SIM should be overnight but port could take a couple of days after receipt of SIM.

Dan
    I just activated and ported from Verizon this morning. There was an activation issue with the Visible SIM, but once that was worked out, the port was instantaneous for me. Of course I went in to my VZW account to make sure I had the right account number and set up a new PIN.

Feedback Score
    Just swap over from Verizon to visible

Port was instant because when I signed up I requested to bring my line over

All 4 lines activate in 3 min each lines and instant port

Speed unbelievable 150 down 45 up I never had that with Verizon prepaid
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Feedback Score
    I'm seeing $40 mo w/$25 1st month only. Are there any special offers that I'm missing?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stlink View Post
    I'm seeing $40 mo w/$25 1st month only. Are there any special offers that I'm missing?
    The first month with visible is 25 but you can join a party pay and get 25 every month

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Got it thotguy31, thanks. Also found reddit Party Pay site. Sounds great for my purposes.

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Got it thotguy31, thanks. Also found reddit Party Pay site. Sounds great for my purposes.
    There is one in this forum, one of the top threads in Verion/Visible Prepaid on HoFo

Device(s)
    too many to list
    Carrier(s)
    virgin mobile
    Feedback Score
    viable has poor call quality I was paying 25 an month I stayed with them because of the hotspot but got tired of the poor quality beware

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    Peter Is A God AkA Gods Son

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I consign the user above me, good price but the service seems lacking.

Feedback Score
    If someone leaves your party are you notified? And how long does visible give to find a replacement?
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Good2Go (AT&T) UTT recurring {12*26} $13.38 otd/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 07.08.20

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    You’re not notified, the bill goes up so you should check once in a while to make sure you have 3 others.

I wasn’t notified to say the least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    If someone leaves your party are you notified? And how long does visible give to find a replacement?
    Yes, remaining party members are notified if a member leaves or doesn't pay their bill on time. You have until your next payment to get a full group to keep the $25/mo price. Depending on where/how many places you post, a new member can usually be found within an hour.

Feedback Score
    Verizon prepaid is better.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by manofstill2012 View Post
    viable has poor call quality I was paying 25 an month I stayed with them because of the hotspot but got tired of the poor quality beware

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    I don’t understand this. as a Verizon MVNO wouldn’t or shouldn’t call Quality be equal to Verizon and other MVNO’s utilizing the Verizon network?
    Last edited by 1stlink; 06-20-2020 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Minor adjustment

Device(s)
    Nexus 5x, Pixel 3a, Pixel 4XL, Moto X4, Moto G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Visible
    Feedback Score
    I don’t understand this. as a Verizon MVNO wouldn’t or shouldn’t call Quality be equal to Verizon and other MVNO’s utilizing the Verizon network?
    Yes, most customers will have the same experience. It is a fallacy to believe that since a few users have had issues with reception or service, then all users have had the same problem. For $25 a month, it’s worth a try and if you like it, stay, and if you don’t, port to another provider. That’s kinda the way it’s supposed to work.
    Nexus 5x, Pixel 2, 3, 3a, Moto X4, G6 & G7 on Google Fi
    iPhone XR & ZTE R2 on Visible

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast