Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Visible vs. Verizon Prepaid

Device(s)
    Nexus 5x, Pixel 3a, Pixel 4XL, Moto X4, Moto G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Visible
    Feedback Score
    Except for gamers and Tor zealots, my experience is for the normal user 5GB down is sufficient for internet service.
    Nexus 5x, Pixel 2, 3, 3a, Moto X4, G6 & G7 on Google Fi
    iPhone XR & ZTE R2 on Visible

Device(s)
    Samsung i760
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I have been doing side by sides between Visible and Verizon Prepaid and Verizon is always better. I just now ran a speed test and Visible was 1.16mbps and Verizon was 8.26mbps.
    Not convinced Iím switching to Visible. Saving money is great but if the service sucks then itís not worth the savings.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by boodles07 View Post
    I have been doing side by sides between Visible and Verizon Prepaid and Verizon is always better. I just now ran a speed test and Visible was 1.16mbps and Verizon was 8.26mbps.
    Not convinced Iím switching to Visible. Saving money is great but if the service sucks then itís not worth the savings.
    Are you testing on two exact same phone models at the exact same time? Are both phones using the same LTE bands at the same time?

Device(s)
    Samsung i760
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Are you testing on two exact same phone models at the exact same time? Are both phones using the same LTE bands at the same time?
    Iíve swapped SIMS between an iPhone 8 and new iPhone SE. The better speed follows the Verizon Prepaid SIM. I believe the LTE bands are the same. Iím not an expert by any means, itís just a preliminary test and more testing is certainly warranted. My very limited data set suggests that Verizon Prepaid is getting priority. When I get a chance to test more I will report here.

Device(s)
    Samsung i760
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    And of course I just tested them both again and Visible got better results. Guess it depends on which way the wind is blowing lol.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by boodles07 View Post
    And of course I just tested them both again and Visible got better results. Guess it depends on which way the wind is blowing lol.
    Thanks for reporting that.

I was just trying to make sure that it's clear that every person's experience might be unique, based on location, phone, LTE bands the phone is preferring, and yes, perhaps, which way the wind is blowing!

All I can say is that most of the reports I've seen seem to indicate that LTE performance is mostly the same for people that have switched directly from Vzw Prepaid to Visible. BUT, as always, it's YMMV.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    This is definitely proximity related to how nearest Verizon tower is prioritizing throttling. I just recently switched to Visible. And below are 2 tests I did from my iPhone X. One test done and my house and another one just 10 miles away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    Samsung i760
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurojam View Post

Yup, that second one is about the fastest I see in my home.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus 256GB Apple Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Verizon postpaid being my main service, I had Visible on a spare iPhone X for about a year as just a mobile hotspot device. I always had acceptable speeds of 10-20Mbps and about 1/2 to 2/3 the speeds of postpaid. I was really tempted to port in my lines to Visible but I couldnít get past the reddit complaints of having no usable data due to congestion and deprioritization. I never experienced that but I didnít necessarily take it to the most challenging situations or places. I think those situations happen mostly at high capacity events or perhaps in cities where Verizon is already really congested most of the time.
    I would say Iím generally impressed by Visible for the price of $25 per month and if you think you can live with possible near 0 Mbps on rare occasions, itís worth trying.
    Personally, Iím at a point with job and life with a lot of travel and events where Iíd rather pay more for postpaid priority data.
    iPhone 11 Pro 256GB
    | Primary SIM - Verizon PostPaid
    | Secondary eSIM - AT&T Prepaid ($15/2GB)

US MiFi: Verizon Jetpack MiFi 8800L (postpaid), T-Mobile CoolPad Surf (Mint Mobile SIM)
    Intl MiFi: Smartgo PokeFi, GlocalMe G4 Pro 4G

Device(s)
    Samsung i760
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RF9 View Post
    Verizon postpaid being my main service, I had Visible on a spare iPhone X for about a year as just a mobile hotspot device. I always had acceptable speeds of 10-20Mbps and about 1/2 to 2/3 the speeds of postpaid. I was really tempted to port in my lines to Visible but I couldnít get past the reddit complaints of having no usable data due to congestion and deprioritization. I never experienced that but I didnít necessarily take it to the most challenging situations or places. I think those situations happen mostly at high capacity events or perhaps in cities where Verizon is already really congested most of the time.
    I would say Iím generally impressed by Visible for the price of $25 per month and if you think you can live with possible near 0 Mbps on rare occasions, itís worth trying.
    Personally, Iím at a point with job and life with a lot of travel and events where Iíd rather pay more for postpaid priority data.
    Iím jumping ship from Verizon Prepaid today after testing Visible. Iím really pushing the pare down on the cost of all utilities in my home. Iíve seen the slowdowns here at home but my signal is weak here regardless and I use WIFI. I figure if over time I find too many frustrating situations with unusable data then I will just switch back.
    Hopefully as Visible grows, which seems big time right now, maybe data priorities change when they can throw more cash at Verizon? Who knows LOL.

Feedback Score
    Visible is Verizon.

Porsche - Verizon Fios
    Audi - Verizon PostPaid
    VW Passat - Verizon PrePaid
    VW Jetta - Verizon Visible

All of these are Volkswagen AG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Device(s)
    Samsung i760
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JSchnee21 View Post
    Visible is Verizon.

Porsche - Verizon Fios
    Audi - Verizon PostPaid
    VW Passat - Verizon PrePaid
    VW Jetta - Verizon Visible

All of these are Volkswagen AG.

I understand the analogy but when you pay every month for the Passat and it keeps going down the road, or you pay every month for the Jetta and the Jetta gets stranded on the side of the road when there is heavy traffic, youíll wish you were driving the Passat! LOL

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    I also get an analogy and coincidentally I own 2014 VW Passat. But i will say after testing both Verizon prepaid and now having Visible its all subjective to individuals location. In my area Verizon is doing heavy throttling and at my parents house 10 miles away speed test always goes thru the roof. So Iím happily paying $25 flat for Visible. In the end its YMMV - need to test and see if its works for your needs.

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Tried some referral link today for Visible which showed $20 for first month but as soon as you click to proceed the referral promo disappears and it goes back to $25. So I guess referral is dead. Cashback sites offer 15 or 16% CB on first purchase which sucks if you do BYOD. It use to be $10 flat for signing up for a Visible line

Btw last night I did a speedtest on VZW Prepaid at 1:45am and got 80Mbps down. Just tried again and got 66Mbps down at 3pm on a Sunday. That was near a window which is the best spot in my apartment. In the middle of my apartment I get 20-25Mpbs down. I understand why networks want to throttle because these lines are not meant to replace home internet service. I generally use 200-300gbs per month which is not use but not sure I could get away with that on an unlimited mobile plan. Currently paying $20 flat for 25Mbps Comcast which is fine.

My VZW prepaid is paid through the 25th so I will be switching to Visible within the next two weeks and I will repeat the speedtests. How far in advance do you think I need to place my order to get the sim in time ?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast