Thread: first post in a Long time....new 3g Nokia 3310 in Canada????

Feedback Score

first post in a Long time....new 3g Nokia 3310 in Canada????

Hi everyone, been a while since I was here. I know the new 3310 has been out in Europe for a while and did not work here in Canada. I saw a new 3310 3G who that is also being sold at Best Buy (not sure if in Canada or US). I wanted to know if they are selling these phones in Canada? if so, do they work on our frequencies? and if anyone has one...how are they? thanks
    fab

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I can't answer your question about Canadian providers and policies but I suggest that you do not buy a 3G phone at this time. In the US, the big 3 carriers will only use 4G (VOLTE) devices near the end of 2020. Canada carriers are probably not far behind if not on the same timetable.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    3G shutdown in Canada is not expected until 12/31/2025, so this phone will still be good for a while.

Best Buy Canada is selling it.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...rcoal/12533827

It can be used on Bell, Rogers, Telus and their subsidiaries.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3) - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play - OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition - Huawei P20 Pro

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    TM, thanks for confirming that information.

I wasn't certain what the timetable is for Canadian carriers.

Feedback Score
    Yes, thanks for the reply. Well...5 years is not too bad for a phone that is less than $100!
    I loved the nokia "brick" phone. Still have a few of the older models in my collection.
    Anyone have this new 3310?? Like it?
    Fab

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone SE , Sony Ericsson TM-506
    Carrier(s)
    Consumer Cellular , Airvoice Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by retep View Post
    Anyone have this new 3310?? Like it?
    I do. Bought it at an on-line auction to replace an older flip phone.

I love the feel of the thing, but I've always loved the feel of Nokia phones. They just get the texture of the thing right; fingers don't get caught on poor seams, the buttons click easily but with feedback, the plastics don't flex under your hand.

The screen is no Retina, but it gets the job done. Sound quality is good, reception is good. My biggest complaint about it -- as a flip phone without a dedicated texting keyboard -- is that it's 3G only, which means it will have a limited lifespan on 'most every NA carrier by this time next year.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I've got the Nokia 2720 flip phone, dual sim. It runs KaiOS and is a pretty good phone, if you like a basic phone. It's also 4g/LTE capable and you can do mobile hotspot with it. Battery life is pretty good too.

Eric

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    Mint Mobile, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fv22652 View Post
    I've got the Nokia 2720 flip phone, dual sim. It runs KaiOS and is a pretty good phone, if you like a basic phone. It's also 4g/LTE capable and you can do mobile hotspot with it. Battery life is pretty good too.

Eric
    Hey there,

I've seen mixed information online about the 2720's compatibility with US carriers. Are you able to get LTE service here in the US?

Also, I have the 3310 3G and it's a nice little phone! It has some bugs, but overall it's been a great phone for when I need to take a break from the smartphone.

Although ATT and TMobile have legacy service sunset dates, I wouldn't be too sure about the accuracy of those dates. All carriers seem to push their sunset dates further and further out. ATT may actually follow through with their 3G sunset date, but I think TMobile will continue providing 2G and 3G service for longer than expected.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+/5/4, Moto G LTE, Nokia E63, & data devices
    Carrier(s)
    SaskTel
    Feedback Score
    Rogers here in Canada has announced 1900 MHz 2G and 3G are going away at the end of March (2021), but 850 MHz 2G is staying until December 31, 2021. They haven't announced a date for terminating 850 MHz and AWS 3G.

I haven't seen what Bell, Telus, SaskTel, etc. are planning.

I imagine 3G will be here for quite awhile yet. SaskTel in Saskatchewan hasn't even fully deployed VoLTE yet.
    SaskTel 306, Rogers 647 data, Rogers 306 flex tablet, Bell 519 flex tablet, Wind 587, PureTalkUSA 406, T-Mobile 716 & 347 prepaid, AT&T iPad SIM 716, T-Mobile postpaid data 619, Toggle Mobile (UK/FR/US), GiffGaff (UK)

GSM phones: Too many to list.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Ajholic,

With the Nokia 2720, I get LTE on my RedPocket AT&T sim card. It's really a nice phone. I picked mine up when I was in Germany earlier in the year. Paid 95 Euro (about $105).

Eric

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Ajholic,

Let me double check about LTE on the 2720. I may have confused it with the Alacatel quickflip I was setting up for an elderly person at church.

Eric