Thread: Glitch with Page Plus Monthly Plan and 3G Phone.

Device(s)
    Motorola G6
    Carrier(s)
    Page Pluss
    Feedback Score

Glitch with Page Plus Monthly Plan and 3G Phone.

Glitch with Page Plus Monthly Plan and 3G Phone.

I help a neighbor with Page Plus service. After several years with PAYG, she developed a need for Uber/Lyff (transportation) and therefore needed a Smartphone for the required cellphone app. The $12 plan has been fine for several years.

The $12 PIN arrives 1st of the month and the plan updates mid-month. This gives me plenty of time to “stack” the PIN and gives her a “cushion.” That is, if she runs out of time,she can apply the PIN early and reduce that cushion. This is especially handy if I don’t notice her running out of time. She can still dial 611 and ask customer service for help.

In February, she went into hospital/rehab center and used 60-100 minutes a day for about two weeks. This burned up her monthly plan and her “stacked” PIN. The “cushion” is now one day. I saw two ways to get the “cushion” back : another early PIN application or run on the cash balance before renewing the $12 plan. She has been back on PAYG with the cash balance for a few months. With the shelter -in-place order, she uses about 50-cents a month. (Much better than asking her for $12.)

Running on the cash balance works fine (except for the nastygrams from Page Plus “Your plan has expired – renew now or else!) After talking this over, she would like the Uber/Lyfft app back. I added $10 to her cash balance so that her plan would rebew from the cash balance. Didn’t work!

After talking with customer service, this is something like an “activation.” Her 3G phone *cannot* move from PAYG to monthy ; she must upgrade her phone to do this. Wow!

Maybe this story will help someone else.

Regards, FJ

Device(s)
    iPhone XS, Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS, T-Mobile, RedPocket Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score
    It’s not a glitch. They probably won’t allow it to move as 3G activations haven’t been a thing for a long while now. By the end of the year 3G devices will no longer work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Phone: AT&T XS Silver 256GB. T-Mobile / MetroPCS
    Android device : Galaxy S9 RedPocket Verizon

I am no longer a U.S.Cellular User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

My Photography www.hunterspad.com

Feedback Score
    A couple months ago I was going to switch from 3G PayGo to the $12 and they said it was ok to do. If you went from the $12 back to PayGo it won't go back to the $12 even if you increase the cash, you need to have them make the change again. Best via chat. I never ended up needing to do it though. Did you try another CSR in chat ?
    I don't recall but you may just need to add a $12 monthly refill to kick it off.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontierjustice View Post
    After talking with customer service, this is something like an “activation.” Her 3G phone *cannot* move from PAYG to monthy ; she must upgrade her phone to do this. Wow!
    Yep, changing anything in a 3G account is out now from any provider using Verizon. Page Plus has even removed the 3G PayGo plans on the website. You need a VoLTE capable phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Yep, changing anything in a 3G account is out now from any provider using Verizon. Page Plus has even removed the 3G PayGo plans on the website. You need a VoLTE capable phone.
    I just added to my 3G pay go a couple days ago. The plans were still there.

EDIT: I've been adding to a couple 3G plans I have all year. I just checked again and the 3Gs are still there below the 4G, not with the 3G tab. Problem is you can only tell the difference by the per minute cost, but even those are all messed up. CSR once told me it doesn't matter which one you pick. The system will know how to charge off the plan. They should be still allowing plan add ons for any ACTIVE 3g accounts, guess I'll find out in May when my other one comes due. And like i mentioned above they said I could change to a monthly plan too if I wanted. But that was a couple months ago.
    Last edited by rpz1; 04-20-2020 at 07:39 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    I just checked again and the 3Gs are still there below the 4G, not with the 3G tab. Problem is you can only tell the difference by the per minute cost, but even those are all messed up.
    Nope, I don't see any 3G plans listed except on the tab that doesn't work. Tried different browsers too.

Name:  No Contract Prepaid Plans   Cellular Prepaid Plans   Page Plus Cellular.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  57.3 KB

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    The top four are the newer 4G rates, based on the $0.06/min rate. The bottom four are the old rates from the original 3G era, with their varying per minute rates. Their website just doesn't have it formatted correctly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Nope, I don't see any 3G plans listed except on the tab that doesn't work. Tried different browsers too.
    I can switch to the 3G tab and back to the 4G tab just fine using Internet Explorer, Edge, and Opera.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    The top four are the newer 4G rates, based on the $0.06/min rate. The bottom four are the old rates from the original 3G era, with their varying per minute rates. Their website just doesn't have it formatted correctly.
    Strange. It actually switches for me on the browsers I noted above.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    It's a glitch in their page format and system. Like @whacker indicated the second grouping is 3G which matches the $10 more info link @october262 posted which shows the $10 card charges for 4G and 3G. Even when I get an email confirmation on a 4G plan I buy, it shows the minutes for a 3G plan @.10 min instead of @.06, but I get charged at the .06. They have everything screwed up. I once told them about it.
    And like @Boz said sometime when you log in depending on browser the 3G tab works and sometimes not, and then the plans are all under 4G stacked like @loboheeler image. Their refill system was down last week for awhile too, so they've been working on something.

Device(s)
    Motorola G6
    Carrier(s)
    Page Pluss
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    It's a glitch in their page format and system. .
    Yup. Update: New chat this week. There were two problems. First rep did the renewal from the cash balance; web page still amis.
    Second rep confirmed renewal; the website developers are working on the management page.

Now my neighbors' account on the management app is ok ; my account is not updating. I'll chat again if my renewal goes haywire.

Thanks, everyone, for your interest !

Regards, FJ

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontierjustice View Post
    Yup. Update: New chat this week. There were two problems. First rep did the renewal from the cash balance; web page still amis.
    Second rep confirmed renewal; the website developers are working on the management page.

Now my neighbors' account on the management app is ok ; my account is not updating. I'll chat again if my renewal goes haywire.

Thanks, everyone, for your interest !

Regards, FJ
    So were you able to go to the monthly plan from PayGo per your original post ?
    If so, as long as you keep an adequate cash balance and good due date on the cash; your monthly should auto renew from the cash each month as long as you don't let it run low and revert back to PayGo. Then you'll need to have them start up the monthly again. But by the end of the year no more 3G. When you upgrade to a 4G/VoLTE device you can have the number and balance transferred to it.