Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Phone
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    CDMA devices (used by Sprint or Verizon) don't need or require/use a SIM card, only LTE/VOLTE or GSM phones use a SIM card.
    RedPocket, for example, calls their plans on the Verizon network CDMA. Will they change that name after the end of the year when Verizon turns off phone usage of CDMA? They call the ATT plans GSMA, even though ATT doesn't do GSM anymore.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. But I have more phones than lines. Back to only Prepaid with the changes in the economy.

Feedback Score
    This iPhone SE is my first Apple product. It won't let me back up to iCloud because I don't have wifi. Am I missing something or is this the most stupid thing? Why can't I just use my cellular data to back up?

Phone
    Carrier
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    This iPhone SE is my first Apple product. It won't let me back up to iCloud because I don't have wifi. Am I missing something or is this the most stupid thing? Why can't I just use my cellular data to back up?
    Most likely it is due to the large potential size of the backup. I have 88GB of storage total in iCloud storage, though apparently only 1.6GB unique to my current phone.

The flip side is someone with 2GB of high speed data, and maybe fees for extra storage. Trigger a backup, and the phone tries to backup 4GB. Either the data is gone, or you have overage fees.

So backups are generally limited to when on power, and when on wi-fi.

Now, if you had 2 iPhones you could probably take turns sharing hot spot between them, and blast through your data that way.

My current plan only has 5GB of high speed data a month. I've historically used about 5GB/month. Sometimes more. I'll see how things go now that I'm back to going to work, and not home on wi-fi.

Feedback Score
    It's a brand new phone. It's got a few photos and some contacts. It should at least allow me to override that feature, I understand it is just trying to help people save data. Is Apple so ignorant as to think everyone has home wifi?

And, before someone suggests it. No, I will not go to McDonald's and sit in that greasy dining area just to back up my phone.

Looks like I'm still in the Google universe for backups.

Feedback Score
    It's a brand new phone. It's got a few photos and some contacts. It should at least allow me to override that feature, I understand it is just trying to help people save data. Is Apple so ignorant as to think everyone has home wifi? And, before someone suggests it. No, I will not go to McDonald's and sit in that greasy dining area just to back up my phone. Looks like I'm still in the Google universe for backups.
    there's plenty of other places that have free WiFi, such as the Library, some grocery stores, brick & mortar stores like walmart Target etc.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I frequently used to go to Barnes and Noble and used their free WiFi in the cafe. Read a magazine and have a cup of overpriced Starbucks coffee. As already mentioned, there are a lot of locations that offer free Wifi.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    I appreciate the suggestions. The point is, why should I have to go anywhere when I have perfectly good cellular data on my phone? I was hoping someone might know a way around this Apple restriction.

Thanks.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Are you sure you can't connect it to your computer via USB instead ? That might solve the problem without having to search for free WiFi. I think the main reason you can't do it over the cellular network is to prevent huge uploads/downloads to/from the iCloud which are a huge burden on the cellular networks. Just my $.02 on the matter.

Phone
    OnePlus 7t Pro 5G McLaren; iPhone 11 64GB
    Carrier
    T-Mobile & AT&T
    Feedback Score
    How is the SE 2020 version compared to ip11.. I know it is smaller but any regrets?
    OnePlus 7t Pro McLaren 5G (T-Mobile)

iPhone SE Red 128GB (T-Mobile)

LG V60 5G (AT&T)

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Folks,

Just a comment: Long time user of the original iPhone SE. I purchased the "new" iPhone SE when it came out. It is a nice phone for the price, but it is bigger than I like. With the original iPhone SE, you could easily reach the entire screen one handed, not so on the new iPhone SE. I like the esim capability of the new iPhone SE for travel. I don't play games or watch video on my phone, so I really don't notice a difference in performance between the old and new SE. Looking forward to the iPhone 12 when it comes out.

Eric

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fv22652 View Post
    Folks,

Just a comment: Long time user of the original iPhone SE. I purchased the "new" iPhone SE when it came out. It is a nice phone for the price, but it is bigger than I like. With the original iPhone SE, you could easily reach the entire screen one handed, not so on the new iPhone SE. I like the esim capability of the new iPhone SE for travel. I don't play games or watch video on my phone, so I really don't notice a difference in performance between the old and new SE. Looking forward to the iPhone 12 when it comes out.

Eric
    You think the i12 will be smaller than the SE? I think the SE is probably the smallest new phone you'll ever see by any mainstream maker. I bought it because of it's small size. I agree that the original SE is a better size, but it's a thing of the past.

Feedback Score
    You think the i12 will be smaller than the SE? I think the SE is probably the smallest new phone you'll ever see by any mainstream maker. I bought it because of it's small size. I agree that the original SE is a better size, but it's a thing of the past.
    I get where you guys are coming from however a thing on the new SE like on the 6 and up is the reachability feature if you double tap on the home button it will bring the screen down. I know some of you would prefer not to do that but it does help tho

Phone
    Carrier
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    There are reports that the smallest iPhone 12 may actually be smaller overall. Loss of bezels.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Folks,

From what I've read, the size of the iPhone 12 will be somewhere between the original iPhone SE and the new iPhone SE:

5.4-inch iPhone 12: 131 x 64 mm (5.15 x 2.51-inches)
    4.7-inch iPhone SE (2020): 138 x 67 mm (5.43 x 2.65-inches)
    4-inch iPhone SE (2016): 123 x 58 mm (4.84 x 2.28-inches)

Yea, I know about the reachability feature, it's just kind of awkward.

Eric

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fv22652 View Post
    Folks,

From what I've read, the size of the iPhone 12 will be somewhere between the original iPhone SE and the new iPhone SE:

5.4-inch iPhone 12: 131 x 64 mm (5.15 x 2.51-inches)
    4.7-inch iPhone SE (2020): 138 x 67 mm (5.43 x 2.65-inches)
    4-inch iPhone SE (2016): 123 x 58 mm (4.84 x 2.28-inches)
    Really? I might give consideration to a 12 then. I like small, when it comes to phones.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast