Thread: Using Google voice mailbox on cricket line

Feedback Score

Using Google voice mailbox on cricket line

I've been long time cricket and Google voice user. In the past I had configured the phone forward settings such that I could use my Google voice mailbox for voice messages instead of cricket provided voice mail. But since last week when I don't pick up the phone or ignore incoming calls, callers get a message that voice mail is not setup.

I tried changing forward settings but I'm not able to do that now. I'm wondering if anyone else has similar setup or any experience with recent changes which could cause these issues?

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Still working here. What device are you using? You can always contact customer service to have them update the forwarding number to your gv number.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bandoba View Post
    I've been long time cricket and Google voice user. In the past I had configured the phone forward settings such that I could use my Google voice mailbox for voice messages instead of cricket provided voice mail. But since last week when I don't pick up the phone or ignore incoming calls, callers get a message that voice mail is not setup.

I tried changing forward settings but I'm not able to do that now. I'm wondering if anyone else has similar setup or any experience with recent changes which could cause these issues?
    https://www.att.com/ecms/dam/att/abs...cess_codes.pdf

Works with Cricket since its subsidiary of AT&T

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    Still working here. What device are you using? You can always contact customer service to have them update the forwarding number to your gv number.
    Thanks GPz1100. I'm using Pixel 3 XL and as soon as I go to call settings to update forwarding numbers I get "Network or SIM card error".

I'll check with customer service.

Feedback Score
    The *21* is not working for my cricket number. It says connection problem or invalid MMI code. (0)

Any idea what else can I try? The last customer representative interaction wasn't as helpful either.

Feedback Score
    I've a 5 line plan and this call forwarding to Google voice works fine on 4 lines except my line. For last hour or so I was in chat with cricket but they don't see any obvious issues. The *21* or the phone app method to setup call forwarding just doesn't seem to work.

Finally I tried putting cricket SIM in LeEco. On LeEco, I can change forwarding settings by going to phone app. But it fails after saying updating setting. The error is "unexpected response from the network".

At this point I'm stumped and can't think of any other way. Please let me know if you guys can think of something