Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How do I go about this? More details inside. Thanks.

Feedback Score

How do I go about this? More details inside. Thanks.

I am currently using Net10 on my Verizon Note 5. It has been on my phone since Aug of last year. It has never worked correctly and Net10 customer service/Supervisors, etc. will not help me. I had to call again today. They don't care that my phone doesn't work and nothing they will do to fix it but read from their script....rinse and repeat over and over.

There are no notifications when someone calls me. No phone rings, no alerts, nothing. Texts may or may not go thru. Usually if they do, there is a long delay of an hour or even 24 hours.

When I try to call my phone from someone else's phone, I also notice, the calls go straight to voicemail and I have no idea that anyone even tried to call. I checked messages not long ago and had messages that have been on there unchecked from long ago.

I call Net10 and they try to troubleshoot, which means basically reboot my phone, and that does not fix it. They refuse to send me a new sim card to try. I have dealt with this for a long time and it's bringing me stress and much time on the phone and I can't hardly understand a word they say but they don't care to help fix my issue.

I will be contacting Chase to file a dispute. I asked Paypal, since I purchased on Ebay, and they say if your credit card company files a complaint, then pretty much I get a refund. I DON'T want to lose my phone number. I see Red Pocket has a 1 month plan for 15.00 that I can purchase for ATT or Verizon.

https://www.redpocket.com/

My phone number is currently on my Verizon Samsung Note 5, which is my primary phone. I also have a AT&T Prepaid - Motorola MOTO E5 Play which has no phone number on it.

Since I don't want Net10 to just one day cut my phone off and I lose my number, should I buy Red Pocket plan for the Note 5 or AT&T Prepaid - Motorola MOTO E5 Play? Where should I put my phone number as to not lose it?

If I move my phone number to the ATT Moto phone, then that would make my Note 5 not have a phone number. What happens to my Net10 plan then if the number moves to another phone? Will the plan automatically get a new number?

Thanks in advance and sorry if I've confused you. lol

Feedback Score
    Any cell service provider you switch to can transfer your number from Net10 when you activate the Note on the new service. Federal law requires number portability.

Sounds like your Note did not get provisioned correctly. Net10 is a America Movil/Tracfone company. Their ineptitude knows no bounds if things don't just work. You could try executive resolutions if you want to go to that much trouble.

You can check for what prepaid services are available at:

prepaidcompare.net

Good luck

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    Any cell service provider you switch to can transfer your number from Net10 when you activate the Note on the new service. Federal law requires number portability.

Sounds like your Note did not get provisioned correctly. Net10 is a America Movil/Tracfone company. Their ineptitude knows no bounds if things don't just work. You could try executive resolutions if you want to go to that much trouble.

You can check for what prepaid services are available at:

prepaidcompare.net

Good luck
    Thanks for the quick response. What do you mean it was not provisioned correctly? I have absolutely nothing positive to say about Net10 and will stay far far away. They have been awful.

Yes I realize I can port the number, but which phone since I'll be filing a dispute. If I move number to Moto phone, what would happen to the Net10 plan currently on the Note 5 phone? Will moving that phone number to a different phone de-activate my phone plan since the phone number is no longer there?

Thanks for the link. I will research and see if anything cheaper for just the month. I thought the Red Pocket for 15.00 was cheap but will look around.

Edited to add: Is there a way I could move my current phone number somewhere for cheap, website possibly, and get a new number from my Net10 phone so if Net 10 cuts off my plan I don't lose my number? A place where my primary number can just sit while I wait on my dispute to be over.

Edited to add:

Ok, I did a chat with Net10. They said when I port my number out, that deactivates my Net10 plan and they can't replace my ported out number with another random number to keep my plan active while I file a dispute. Only way I can save my phone number is to deactivate my Net10 plan.

Soooo, can I just use my Note 5 for all this? I port my number to the Red Pocket sim when I get it and then that deactivates the Net10 and then I put the Red Pocket sim in the same phone?
    Last edited by diddlydudette; 04-09-2020 at 03:49 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
    Thanks for the quick response. What do you mean it was not provisioned correctly? I have absolutely nothing positive to say about Net10 and will stay far far away. They have been awful.

Yes I realize I can port the number, but which phone since I'll be filing a dispute. If I move number to Moto phone, what would happen to the Net10 plan currently on the Note 5 phone? Will moving that phone number to a different phone de-activate my phone plan since the phone number is no longer there?

Thanks for the link. I will research and see if anything cheaper for just the month. I thought the Red Pocket for 15.00 was cheap but will look around.

Edited to add: Is there a way I could move my current phone number somewhere for cheap, website possibly, and get a new number from my Net10 phone so if Net 10 cuts off my plan I don't lose my number? A place where my primary number can just sit while I wait on my dispute to be over.
    Provisioning: When a carrier or service provider activates a phone the carrier sets up various things like, the phone number, your voicemail number, your voicemail type (visual/standard), what network services and amounts are allowed, your network priority, etc. I don't know all of the details. If it is not done right the phone won't work right. Mis-provisioning is rare.

What is the heritage of the Note 5? That is a 2015 phone that you say you have had for a year. What is the exact model number from settings?

I don't understand the dispute issue. What are you disputing? The phone device, Net10 service, both? Filing a CC dispute usually results in the phone account being terminated.

If you move the number to a different phone the Note 5 will lose its service and number. If the number is moved to another service, the Net10 account and service will be terminated, closed, gone, refund from Net10 unlikely.

You can move your number to any other service to preserve it. As above, that will terminate your Net10 account. I don't know of any free and cheap number parking services anymore. T-Mobile used to have a $3 a month prepaid plan. Don't know if that is still available. Search prepaidcompare for the cheapest. IIRC, H2O has a $10 for 90 days plan.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Use chat when dealing with N10. If chat cannot solve the issue then ask to be connected with a supervisor. At some point of frustration ask to be transferred to executive resolutions. You might need a referral number from chat for executive resolutions to know you didn`t go directly to them.
    I am not sure if ER is by phone only.

Feedback Score
    I too don't know what you're disputing or if having your Net10 account active matters anyway; its a moot point.
    Just get a sim for which ever other provider you'd rather have. Port your number there to whatever compatible device you want.
    Whatever $ you lose on your Net10 plan or whatever value you think a dispute will get you is minor compared to your described issues with Net10.
    Good bye to Net10. Move on.

Feedback Score
    Verify that your APN settings are correct. Here's a start.

https://bestmvno.com/apn-settings/net10-apn-settings/

Feedback Score
    diddleydudette,
    I think it's possible to change devices on Net10. You might consider swapping your device from the Verizon Note 5 to the AT&T Moto, which will require a change of network, and a fresh provisioning of the line. (You'll need to switch to Net10's AT&T service in the process, which might take a day or 2. You'll also need a Net10 BYOP kit for the new SIM.)

Your problem might be a provisioning issue, as has been suggested above. It might be a phone issue, even though you know the Note worked fine on another Verizon MVNO last year. What it almost definitely is not, is a difference in the way the cellular network responds between Net10 vs another Verizon MVNO. (No mistake about it, Net10's customer service is not good about fixing real service problems.)g

If the Moto works fine, you can either continue using it, or swap back to the Note again using a fresh, unused BYOP SIM. (Which again will force new provisioning.) If you buy a full 3-carrier kit from ebay, best buy, etc., it will include both SIMs needed.

Feedback Score

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    It would be advisable to verify the problem is not with the phone before opening further accounts for the same phone.
    A swap in of any "compatible" Active Verizon SIM from another working phone/SIM combination would tell you something.
    The newer DL models from the Tracfone companies have the unlocked radios and SIM slots for all three service providers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    It would be advisable to verify the problem is not with the phone before opening further accounts for the same phone.
    A swap in of any "compatible" Active Verizon SIM from another working phone/SIM combination would tell you something.
    The newer DL models from the Tracfone companies have the unlocked radios and SIM slots for all three service providers.
    Thanks. I did this and my phone works fine. It's the Net10 plan that isn't working.

Feedback Score
    Thanks. I think I just need to port my number to another plan's sim. I port number to new sim and then that de-activates Net10 and then I can use the new sim that now has my phone number in my Note 5.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by steiny180 View Post
    Verify that your APN settings are correct. Here's a start.

https://bestmvno.com/apn-settings/net10-apn-settings/
    Thanks. I'll give that a look. I think I even suggested that to Net10 'customer service' but they claimed that wouldn't be a problem so I never thought of it again. But now that I know how inept they really are, it very well could be apn.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    Provisioning: When a carrier or service provider activates a phone the carrier sets up various things like, the phone number, your voicemail number, your voicemail type (visual/standard), what network services and amounts are allowed, your network priority, etc. I don't know all of the details. If it is not done right the phone won't work right. Mis-provisioning is rare.

What is the heritage of the Note 5? That is a 2015 phone that you say you have had for a year. What is the exact model number from settings?

I don't understand the dispute issue. What are you disputing? The phone device, Net10 service, both? Filing a CC dispute usually results in the phone account being terminated.

If you move the number to a different phone the Note 5 will lose its service and number. If the number is moved to another service, the Net10 account and service will be terminated, closed, gone, refund from Net10 unlikely.

You can move your number to any other service to preserve it. As above, that will terminate your Net10 account. I don't know of any free and cheap number parking services anymore. T-Mobile used to have a $3 a month prepaid plan. Don't know if that is still available. Search prepaidcompare for the cheapest. IIRC, H2O has a $10 for 90 days plan.
    I've had the Note 5 since it came out. I purchased from Verizon. It's worked fine until Net 10. I am disputing the Net10 plan since texts are delayed and sometimes I don't get phone calls after people tell me they have called me. Net10 refuses to do anything other than have me reboot the phone. If reboot doesn't fix the issue, they say that's all they can do.

Thanks for the link to prepaid compare.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    I too don't know what you're disputing or if having your Net10 account active matters anyway; its a moot point.
    Just get a sim for which ever other provider you'd rather have. Port your number there to whatever compatible device you want.
    Whatever $ you lose on your Net10 plan or whatever value you think a dispute will get you is minor compared to your described issues with Net10.
    Good bye to Net10. Move on.
    I'm definitely moving on. lol I have contacted Paypal since I bought the plan from Ebay. Paypal claims that if I file a dispute with the credit card then Paypal will issue refund. They listen to banks and when any bank files a dispute, Paypal refunds.

It's been such a pain in the butt having this plan. It frustrates me so much how Net10 just doesn't care and nothing they will do. Absolutely horrible customer service. If you google Net10 reviews, they are awful. I just wished I had done my homework first before purchasing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast