Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Visible as home internet? Speeds?

Feedback Score

Visible as home internet? Speeds?

https://youtu.be/dXRd-YQykqo

Anyone have or tried visible as home internet and what speeds are you seeing? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone XS, Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS, T-Mobile, RedPocket Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score

Visible as home internet? Speeds?

Quote Originally Posted by cnotes20191 View Post

Anyone have or tried visible as home internet and what speeds are you seeing? Thanks

Will all depend on your area, signal, congestion etc.

In town I’m lucky to see 1mbps directly on Verizon at times. But at my home with low signal I can see around 20mbps if I put the phone in the right spot.

If you have a landbased ISP having cellular is useless unless you want it as a backup

Current Phone: AT&T XS Silver 256GB. T-Mobile / MetroPCS
    Android device : Galaxy S9 RedPocket Verizon

I am no longer a U.S.Cellular User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

My Photography www.hunterspad.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hyelton View Post
    Will all depend on your area, signal, congestion etc.

In town I’m lucky to see 1mbps directly on Verizon at times. But at my home with low signal I can see around 20mbps if I put the phone in the right spot.

I’ve heard mixed things about visible throttling or not throttling speeds. Have you heard that? I watched that guys YouTube video but he doesn’t mention speeds he’s seeing. I know like you said it depends on location. Etc. I have Verizon and speeds are about 15 to 25 dL but looking for cheaper option. I’m also a little confused about his explanation. So I need a phone with visible service. Then a phone to be a remote. Why? Then a hotspot. Doesn’t the hotspot need a sim with service in it?

Feedback Score
    you can ask or search here https://www.reddit.com/r/Visible/

Feedback Score
    I’ve heard mixed things about visible throttling or not throttling speeds. Have you heard that? I watched that guys YouTube video but he doesn’t mention speeds he’s seeing. I know like you said it depends on location. Etc. I have Verizon and speeds are about 15 to 25 dL but looking for cheaper option. I’m also a little confused about his explanation. So I need a phone with visible service. Then a phone to be a remote. Why? Then a hotspot. Doesn’t the hotspot need a sim with service in it?

For Visible to work you need a phone that works with Visible. Not all Verizon phones work with Visible. Visible Sim does not work in a hotspot. Visible supposedly caps the Hotspot data speed at 5mb. Sometime it is and sometimes it is faster unless you are using one of the Visible phones then it will be 5mb. On Android it is supposed to be 1 connection connected to the hotspot. Apple does not have that restriction. Everyone’s performance will vary by location, time of day and type of device.

Sent from my iPad using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Visible is not designed to be a replacement for home internet.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandelstamm1 View Post
    On Android it is supposed to be 1 connection connected to the hotspot. Apple does not have that restriction.
    Not true. The Android default is 10 connections and it can be changed to whatever you want:
    https://www.trybeweb.com.ng/2020/01/...d-Hotspot.html

Feedback Score
    Visible tries to override Android default settings and yes some Android phones on Visible the limit is 1 connection.

Sent from my SHT-W09 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score

Please no it is not meant for that and you just screw up a good thing for everyone else

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    What is the monthly cap?

Feedback Score
    I’m also a little confused about his explanation. So I need a phone with visible service. Then a phone to be a remote. Why? Then a hotspot. Doesn’t the hotspot need a sim with service in it?
    The device in the video is what can be called a repeater bridge, and just passes a WiFi signal through to different devices. The phone in service is the hotspot.

BTW: There is another thread on this subject here in the Verizon forum:
    https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...-phone-hotspot

Feedback Score
    For Visible to work you need a phone that works with Visible. Not all Verizon phones work with Visible.
    Why would a Verizon phone would not work with Visible? I can see that some MVNO phones would not, as they are not in the Verizon whitelist.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Why would a Verizon phone would not work with Visible? I can see that some MVNO phones would not, as they are not in the Verizon whitelist.
    says here - https://www.visible.com/help/compatible that the phone must be unlocked. then look at the list of android phones.

Feedback Score
    Visible tries to override Android default settings and yes some Android phones on Visible the limit is 1 connection.
    I doubt that is true. However, then say that, don't just generalize and misinform that "Android limit is 1". like you said before:
    On Android it is supposed to be 1 connection connected to the hotspot. Apple does not have that restriction.
    That's just not true as a general statement.

Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    says here - https://www.visible.com/help/compatible that the phone must be unlocked. then look at the list of android phones.
    So? The Verizon branded phones might be unlocked. Only if you didn't finish the payments it is kept locked.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    I doubt that is true. However, then say that, don't just generalize and misinform that "Android limit is 1". like you said before:
    It is true. I run an unlocked 1+ 7 Pro direct from 1+ and it is limited to 1 device with no way to change.

That's just not true as a general statement.
    Yes it is. This is a thread specifically about visible so making a general statement is already restricted to android phones on visible not all android phones.

So? The Verizon branded phones might be unlocked. Only if you didn't finish the payments it is kept locked.
    With visible part of the issue is that it has to have VOLTE or it simply cannot work. Past that some unsupported phones can be made to work by adding the 4 APN's manually and some cannot. A friend got his S10+ working that way.

As for home internet it would be hit or miss. Assume ping will always be around 100-150ms. I average 120. Download speeds are all over the map. I have hit as high as 122Mb download and as high as 60Mb upload at 3-5am (Separate speed tests.) During the day I average 10-25 down. I have been very pleased but I came from the 3Mb cricket unlimited.

If using as home internet grab an asus router that supports usb tethering. (Not sure if all do). This is how a coworker does it.

The 5mb limit on the hotspot is usually not there for me although it was temporarily about a week ago. Cycled airplane mode and it went away but as I don't tether much I can't say how often it is there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast