Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Samsung J3 Luna Pro vs J3 Orbit

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    22
    Feedback Score
    0

    Samsung J3 Luna Pro vs J3 Orbit

    I have owned a Samsung J3 Luna Pro bought on HSN.com for about two years. My minutes are down to zero. I noticed that HSN has the Samsung J3 Orbit for $69.99 with 1 year of service. How does the J3 Orbit compare in ease of use and image (screen) clarity to the Luna Pro?

    I've seen posts where the battery life on the Orbit isn't as good as the Luna Pro. Is buying an HSN bundle with minutes and then transferring the minutes to an existing phone still possible and simple?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    7,626
    Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SJGUY99 View Post
    Is buying an HSN bundle with minutes and then transferring the minutes to an existing phone still possible and simple?
    Transferring minutes FROM an existing phone to a new phone in a bundle is simple, but transferring the bundled minutes TO an existing phone is not simple.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    22
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Transferring minutes FROM an existing phone to a new phone in a bundle is simple, but transferring the bundled minutes TO an existing phone is not simple.

    If you were me, would you spend $125 on Tracfone's website to add 1 year and 1500 minutes to my existing J3 Luna Pro or spend $69.99 for an HSN J3 Orbit phone with 1 year of service and 1500 minutes?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    883
    Device(s)
    Unlocked Tracfone iPhone SE & iPhone 6S, Tracfone Samsung Luna Pro, Tracfone LG Rebel 4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    I wouldn't buy the $125 1500/1 year deal.

    Better to get a bundle phone deal from HSN.. the orbit for $69.99 in this case, and then transfer the luna pro account to the orbit to activate it. This way the luna pro balance will combine with the 1500 bundle on the orbit when you transfer the account over to it. If you don't like the orbit, transfer the account back to the luna pro. So this way you have two phones and the 1500 bundle for $69.99. Use the online chat to do this.

    I have the J3 luna pro. I was disappointed with the J3 Orbit. I expected it to be a nice upgrade. The 8mp camera on it is a little sharper, but the pictures look flat, painted and there are weird color casts on things. I think the luna pro camera is better others may disagree. The phone has other weird issues.. the home screen is sensitive, there is a weird bip message... I guess the screen itself is ok.. some people do like the phone so maybe you can get other opinions. I don't know what I would suggest in place of it in that price range. There is a rebel 4 for $49.99... it is not Samsung if that is what you want and it has the power button on the back of the phone (which I don't like) but otherwise I think it is a decent budget phone. The camera on it is better than both of those phones imo. The screen seems fine. It has current security updates too.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    7,626
    Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SJGUY99 View Post
    If you were me, would you spend $125 on Tracfone's website to add 1 year and 1500 minutes to my existing J3 Luna Pro or spend $69.99 for an HSN J3 Orbit phone with 1 year of service and 1500 minutes?
    I agree with what tomseys said. There's no reason to spend $125 on TF web site to add 1-yr 1500 minutes to your existing phone. The HSN bundle is a better deal.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    22
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tomseys View Post
    I wouldn't buy the $125 1500/1 year deal.

    Better to get a bundle phone deal from HSN.. the orbit for $69.99 in this case, and then transfer the luna pro account to the orbit to activate it. This way the luna pro balance will combine with the 1500 bundle on the orbit when you transfer the account over to it. If you don't like the orbit, transfer the account back to the luna pro. So this way you have two phones and the 1500 bundle for $69.99. Use the online chat to do this.


    I have the J3 luna pro. I was disappointed with the J3 Orbit. I expected it to be a nice upgrade. The 8mp camera on it is a little sharper, but the pictures look flat, painted and there are weird color casts on things. I think the luna pro camera is better others may disagree. The phone has other weird issues.. the home screen is sensitive, there is a weird bip message... I guess the screen itself is ok.. some people do like the phone so maybe you can get other opinions. I don't know what I would suggest in place of it in that price range. There is a rebel 4 for $49.99... it is not Samsung if that is what you want and it has the power button on the back of the phone (which I don't like) but otherwise I think it is a decent budget phone. The camera on it is better than both of those phones imo. The screen seems fine. It has current security updates too.



    Thank you for the info. So there is no way once I receive the HS Orbit, to just put those minutes on the Luna Pro? Based on your post, I have to do two transfers if I want to keep the Luna Pro vs the Orbit?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    7,626
    Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SJGUY99 View Post
    Thank you for the info. So there is no way once I receive the HS Orbit, to just put those minutes on the Luna Pro? Based on your post, I have to do two transfers if I want to keep the Luna Pro vs the Orbit?
    The bundled 1-yr & units are applied to the phone in the bundle when it is activated. If you activate it by itself, without a transfer from your existing phone, it'll get a new phone number and 1-yr & units. Then you'll have to get a competent rep who agrees to combine/merge the days & units on the Orbit with the days & units on the Luna Pro without messing up and lose your current phone number on the Luna Pro.

    The easier thing to do is what tomseys suggested.
    1. Activate the Orbit WITH A TRANSFER from the Luna Pro. Everything (phone number, days, units) on the Luna Pro get transferred to the Orbit, then the bundled days & units get added on top of that. If your Luna Pro uses Tracfone/Verizon, same as the Orbit, this is a routine procedure and rarely goes wrong.
    2. If you don't like the Orbit, ask a rep to transfer EVERYTHING back to the Luna Pro. Again, this is a routine procedure and rarely goes wrong.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    883
    Device(s)
    Unlocked Tracfone iPhone SE & iPhone 6S, Tracfone Samsung Luna Pro, Tracfone LG Rebel 4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SJGUY99 View Post
    Thank you for the info. So there is no way once I receive the HS Orbit, to just put those minutes on the Luna Pro? Based on your post, I have to do two transfers if I want to keep the Luna Pro vs the Orbit?
    If the bundle came with a separate card that would be easy to do that, just use the card on the luna pro.
    Maybe you could activate the orbit and then merge it over to the luna pro.. I think...but I would not do that. That's asking for trouble. Just transfer it over to orbit.. maybe you like the orbit and you just stay there. If not, do a simple transfer back to luna pro. Use the online chat for this. IF you don't know the right way to do that, just ask and people can explain.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    883
    Device(s)
    Unlocked Tracfone iPhone SE & iPhone 6S, Tracfone Samsung Luna Pro, Tracfone LG Rebel 4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    One other thing I'll mention is that this phone, the Samsung J3 Orbit, is infamous for coming with the wrong APN out of the box.

    The APN shoud be VZWINTERNET. If it is set to TRACFONE.VZWENTP, it should be corrected.

    Otherwise, mobile internet/data will not work.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    BP subsidized Gulf Coast
    Posts
    6,949
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    If you have $125 to spend then look for a better phone bundle. Also look for bundles at QVC and Tracfone`s eBay store.

    eBay (bundles can normally be found begin at the $50 price point)
    https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_nkw...reless&_sop=15

    QVC https://www.qvc.com/electronics/phon...e%7C0#plModule

Similar Threads

  1. LG Rebel 3 vs Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro
    By SJGUY99 in forum Tracfone/Net10
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 03-24-2019, 10:06 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-21-2018, 11:28 PM
  3. Replies: 139
    Last Post: 08-16-2018, 09:50 PM
  4. Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro is water shy
    By Tony_D in forum Tracfone/Net10
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-19-2018, 08:08 AM
  5. Samsung J3 Luna Pro (TracFone) won't notify
    By bananafanaboban in forum Samsung
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-20-2017, 02:05 AM

Bookmarks