Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Xfinity Mobile Wi-Fi Calling Issue?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,213
    Feedback Score
    0

    Xfinity Mobile Wi-Fi Calling Issue?

    Ok so I ran into this problem on visible and now on Xfinity Mobile where WiFi calling wont turn on/stay on. Is anyone else having a problem? Seems to be a problem on Verizon sure but on my phone on att seems to work ok

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,131
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    Ok so I ran into this problem on visible and now on Xfinity Mobile where WiFi calling wont turn on/stay on. Is anyone else having a problem? Seems to be a problem on Verizon sure but on my phone on att seems to work ok
    does this happen at home or out ?? try turning airplane mode off/on what phone are you using ?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,213
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    does this happen at home or out ?? try turning airplane mode off/on what phone are you using ?
    I haven’t left my home for a bit because I work from home for now. I turn on airplane mode and tried activating that way still a no go. iPhone XS

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    825
    Feedback Score
    0
    WIFI Calling works flawlessly on Spectrum with my Galaxy S10e.


    Sent from my iPad using HoFo

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,213
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandelstamm1 View Post
    WIFI Calling works flawlessly on Spectrum with my Galaxy S10e.


    Sent from my iPad using HoFo
    I’m guessing spectrum works off of Verizon also?

    I just hope there isn’t a network or phone issue with this but it is happening both with Xfinity and Visible tho

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    1,281
    Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    0
    It works, but you don't have control over it.

    Carrier WiFi calling is offered by only a couple carriers, including Xfinity Mobile. What’s unique about Xfinity’s service compared to most other carriers is that it automatically switches you between available WiFi and cellular networks when needed; in other words, you don’t even need to think about it.

    https://www.xfinity.com/hub/mobile/wifi-calling-101

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,213
    Feedback Score
    0
    I see just wondering why mine isn’t letting me activate when I thought it should tho not sure if there’s a network issue going on

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    825
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    I’m guessing spectrum works off of Verizon also?

    I just hope there isn’t a network or phone issue with this but it is happening both with Xfinity and Visible tho
    Spectrum works off Verizon. The WIFI Calling is always active when connected to WIFI.


    Sent from my iPad using HoFo

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,213
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandelstamm1 View Post
    Spectrum works off Verizon. The WIFI Calling is always active when connected to WIFI.


    Sent from my iPad using HoFo
    I spoke to Apple it seems to be a Verizon issue for sure I have seen other forums on Reddit and Verizon forum having this issue also

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,456
    Feedback Score
    0
    Did you try resetting your cable modem?

    My home FIOS internet connection had latency issues last week. I had to go unplug and plug back in the power for the outside ONT. That fixed my issues (but I got assigned a new outward IP address).

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,213
    Feedback Score
    0

    Xfinity Mobile Wi-Fi Calling Issue?

    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    Did you try resetting your cable modem?

    My home FIOS internet connection had latency issues last week. I had to go unplug and plug back in the power for the outside ONT. That fixed my issues (but I got assigned a new outward IP address).
    I didn’t but my att SIM card works fine with WiFi calling I heard Verizon side is having this issue. When I lost power a few weeks ago I still couldn’t get on WiFi calling to activate

    When you did it for yours did it allow you to activate it?

Similar Threads

  1. Xfinity Mobile Wi-Fi Calling enabled with Samsung Oct 2018 Update s8+
    By dmarkson in forum General Prepaid discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-05-2018, 04:31 PM
  2. Question regarding T Mobile Wi-FI Calling
    By techguru30 in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-14-2015, 12:10 AM
  3. Wi-Fi Calling Issues
    By clonehappy in forum Apple
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-20-2014, 09:24 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-21-2013, 01:12 PM
  5. gosmart mobile wi-fi calling?
    By jacob0 in forum T-Mobile prepaid
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-13-2013, 02:22 PM

Bookmarks