Thread: Sim card replacement

Feedback Score

Sim card replacement

I mucked up a sim card cut. What's the best way to go about getting a replacement sim card? Can you not do that online?

Feedback Score
    I some how managed to piece the sim pieces together (3 of them) and put them back in the old phone (a flip phone) and it is now working (fingers crossed).

But I'm still going to need to replace that sim card with a nano sim.

What is the best way to go about doing this? Can this be done online? Where they just send you a replacement sim... I thought there used to be a way to do it, but I wasn't able to find it through the online port. I could not get a hold of a human on the chat (but it was late at night).

I'm also on the old 5 for $100 plan. Will getting a replacement sim mess with that?

Feedback Score
    Get your SIM card by:
    1. going to ur provider’s website and requesting (if available for free) or buying
    2. Buying on eBay, Amazon, etc.

Swap new SIM card by:
    1. Going to ur account page. With some provider’s, the SIM swap feature is right there on d account page already.
    2. Calling customer service

Feedback Score
    Well, I was really kind of looking for cricket specific instructions.

1) Can I buy a sim card kit from Wal-Mart and then somehow transfer the ICCID number of the new sim card to the account in question? And if so, how do I go about doing that? Will Cricket chat be able to help or is there an automated way to do this from the Cricket portal (that I'm not seeing)?

2) Do I have to go to a Cricket store to have this done. With all the virus stuff going around, if I can do it myself (like order a kit online from Wal-Mart or some where), that would be preferable. But if a cricket store is the only way... I guess that's what I'd have to do.

3) Will this affect my plan? Cricket doesn't sell the 5 for $100 any more.

I really thought that at one time there was an option in in the Cricket portal to order a new sim for a phone number (maybe something like lost your sim card?). I never went through that process, but I figured it was a straight-forward process. But I'm not seeing it in the portal now, but maybe I'm overlooking it.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Answers:

1) yes you can buy simcard from Wal-mart/Target/Amazon... once you receive, goto www.cricketwireless.com/activate.html Click on the link on the right side of the page under Didn't purchase directly from Cricket?.

2) You can order simcard from Cricket. It's under the "Bring your phone" tab.

3) No it won't.

A month ago I activated a simcard on an existing line that's under 5 for $100 plan (5GB). I activated the simcard from above. Although I ran into problem, but via online chat, the rep was able to activate it. However, I believe my problem was that my simcard was purchased at least 2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by charlesfinley View Post
    Well, I was really kind of looking for cricket specific instructions.

1) Can I buy a sim card kit from Wal-Mart and then somehow transfer the ICCID number of the new sim card to the account in question? And if so, how do I go about doing that? Will Cricket chat be able to help or is there an automated way to do this from the Cricket portal (that I'm not seeing)?

2) Do I have to go to a Cricket store to have this done. With all the virus stuff going around, if I can do it myself (like order a kit online from Wal-Mart or some where), that would be preferable. But if a cricket store is the only way... I guess that's what I'd have to do.

3) Will this affect my plan? Cricket doesn't sell the 5 for $100 any more.

I really thought that at one time there was an option in in the Cricket portal to order a new sim for a phone number (maybe something like lost your sim card?). I never went through that process, but I figured it was a straight-forward process. But I'm not seeing it in the portal now, but maybe I'm overlooking it.

Feedback Score
    I actually just ended up going to the Cricket store. Have to give them props, this was actually very painless.

You just need to know the phone number of the account you are wanting to replace. Your 4 digit PIN. And about $10 (or whatever your state's taxes are).

Got a universal sim kit, popped out the nano-sim, put it in new phone. I was really expecting more of a nightmare, but this was about as easy as it could get.

I might still recommend trying to cut an old sim first - saves you $10 and some hassle if it works - but if you mess up the cut, don't get too bent out of shape because the process of replacing the sim isn't that bad. But I think all of my sim cards are now nano sims, so they won't cut any more. If you do plan to cut one, I might recommend doing it before 7pm - or at least that's when the Cricket stores around here close everyday. If you cut it at say 3pm and mess up, that gives you time to run to the Cricket store and get a replacement sim on the account.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    310-150
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hchen42 View Post
    1) yes you can buy simcard from Wal-mart/Target/Amazon... once you receive, goto www.cricketwireless.com/activate.html Click on the link on the right side of the page under Didn't purchase directly from Cricket?.
    I don't know if it's to mitigate SIM-swap fraud issues, but it seems that if you go through the steps, the option to replace your current SIM with a SIM kit is missing (helped someone on Reddit last week who was trying to do it). It threw me off because I did it about a year or so ago. I even went as far as to try it myself with a spare kit I had lying around and kept running into a wall, too. It's like they removed the button for replacing with one that you have in-hand.

He was able to swap by using chat, so BYOD kits still work if you need a new SIM immediately.