Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Finally leaving Tracfone for Xfinity

Device(s)
    Note 8, LG Xpression 2
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity, Tracphone
    Feedback Score
    Tracfone is a good deal for now. That is if you use under 200 minutes a month. If more is used it is better to use a different company. Xfinity mobile was a good alternative for me at least. It was because of the data by the gig plan. If I went under 100mb each month I payed around 10 dollars. That was when paying off a Motorola E5 play. Now that plan is over and it is now a minimum of $12 you have to pay for data each month. For now Tracfone is still good for light user. Until Tracfone takes away the minute plan. Which I feel is going happen. Like they had taken away of triple and double minutes feature.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    I still have a triple minute BYOP sim in my phone.
    Can't remember the last time I bought a card tripled. The "new" smart phone cards are a better deal for me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Senkoboy View Post
    I still have a triple minute BYOP sim in my phone.
    Can't remember the last time I bought a card tripled. The "new" smart phone cards are a better deal for me.
    Yes, the smartphone cards are a better deal than the TMFL paygo cards, except for less service time. The add-on talk time is much cheaper than what you get on the cards. All I buy these days is add-on talk and data.

Device(s)
    Moto G7, LG Fiesta 2
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    For me there is no better deal than Tracfone; but I don't use many minutes or data.
    For instance, when my new Moto G7 for $99 arrives, I'll have service for an additional 12 months, plus all the data/minutes/texts/days I'm rolling over. Basically, I won't need to spend more money for 16 months. That's $6 a month including a brand new phone.
    Unbeatable.

Device(s)
    LG V20,Google Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone-since 2005
    Feedback Score
    Glad to see so many people respond positively to their Tracfone experience. Personally, I believe that TFers are a breed above the average. It takes some thought and smarts to understand and use the system. I bet I have talked a dozen people into trying TF and to my knowledge all but one have quit and taken a more expensive route. Not uncommon for some to be paying $60/month for about the same benefits I'm getting for my $6.50/month auto pay deal. "It's just easier to use Verizon" is the most used reason. To repeat: The posters here, who have an in depth knowledge of every TF challenge, have made my TF experience very enjoyable.

Kinda like my HP Printer use. I'm enrolled in their Instant Ink program. For $3/month they monitor my ink supply and send refill cartridges when needed. All I have to do is not exceed 50 pages/month. It doesn't make any difference if I print one page with one word or if I print an 8X10 color photo.
    Last edited by tlippy; 04-21-2020 at 08:32 AM. Reason: Add on the HP comment

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tlippy View Post
    I bet I have talked a dozen people into trying TF and to my knowledge all but one have quit and taken a more expensive route. "It's just easier to use Verizon" is the most used reason.
    For years I did not promote Tracfone to others because of the complexity. When you speak to them about things like "buckets" and "add-ons" they numb out. Just going on the Tracfone website would be confusing, much less participating on forums. People like this could get along on the Unlimited plans with Auto-Refill. Then there is the poor customer service issue. Not that having retail stores is much better, just go into a Verizon retailer speaking of Prepaid if you want a run-around.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2