Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Finally leaving Tracfone for Xfinity

Device(s)
    Note 8, LG Xpression 2
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity, Tracphone
    Feedback Score

Finally leaving Tracfone for Xfinity

I had Tracfone for years with Safe link then turned it into a Tracfone line. I used my Tracfone line to test out a lot of different phones on the Att side for GSM. I even had it on Verizon side for a G4 play that would not work unless it had Verizon connected to it. I loved having two carriers on hand when I traveled.
    I use to test phones and unlock them to send overseas. I also use to work for the phone department at my job. The company that I used to unlock phones went out of business. My job got rid of the phone department and put a outside company in its place. I mostly just float around the store now.
    I let my Tracfone account expire and then I reactivated. So I can port the number out to get a discount on a iPhone XS 256 GB at $200 off. I really liked Tracfone for what it was back in the day. It was the best option for a elderly person or snow bird. Now their sister companies are better than Tracfone. I wish companies would still try to cater to the elderly like Tracfone did. Not try to take advantage of them like others do now.

Sent from my SM-T290 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    LG V20,Google Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone-since 2005
    Feedback Score

Tracfone is still the best !!!!

What is your complaint? What have you found that is better for $6.50/month? I have used Tracfone for 10+ years and, in my opinion, it keeps getting better. Customer service, in my opinion, has improved dramatically. I have no problems, complaints or gripes about anything Tracfone. I'm on auto-pay and my Tracfone monthly cost is $6.50. I've been stuck in Yuma for 5 months and Tracfone is my only phone. That with Google Voice still costs me $6.50/ month. I did have a problem making outgoings a couple of days ago. I called TF and they kinda admitted there was a glitch. Whatever they did fixed my problem. Personally, I think TF is a great company and I appreciate having a go-to place to keep from getting ripped off by one of the majors. Tracfone is 5+, in my opinion.

Did forget to mention that this forum is a major reason I'm so satisfied with TF. These guys really do understand every single thing about the could be complexities of TF. Thanks forum
    Last edited by tlippy; 04-13-2020 at 09:33 AM. Reason: add to

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tlippy View Post
    .....................Did forget to mention that this forum is a major reason I'm so satisfied with TF. These guys really do understand every single thing about the could be complexities of TF. Thanks forum
    Your last sentence says it all. But consider many older people or basically the vast majority of people that don't go to forums or couldn't even make heads or tails of things discussed here. I've learned the ins and outs. Far from knowing it all but enough that when I need to contact a company CSR I know the questions and what to expect. The majority of people are at the mercy of the company CSR and likely talked into a new phone to fix their issue.

The knowledgeable members here are the real CSRs, not the companies; even the majors.

Device(s)
    LG V35, V20, iPhone SE, Moto E4, Galaxy Go Prime, Galaxy J3 Sky
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    how is tracfone taking advantage of people? I've saved a lot using them since I'm mostly on wifi anyway vs straight talk,etc.

I grimace when I see people talk about phone bills being hundreds of dollars a month, nonetheless how much the phone cost, now days it seems like they've gotten the public to just accept phones being well over 1000 dollars, upwards of 1500+ bucks now

Feedback Score
    1. Assuming that someone has common sense and uses a phone case (my opinion), most people will not be able to tell what phone you have anyway.

2. When someone is talking, texting, data-ing, nobody can tell what service you have, so there's no show-off factor there either.

3. People want to have at least one nice thing, but it's not necessary to be stupid with your money. It's usually the people who can least afford it.

4. Tracfone is plenty nice as a service for the vast majority of people, but it does take some know-how.

5. The most humble phone and service will still work to call your Mom.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E6, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    The most humble phone and service will still work to call your Mom.
    Not in my case. There's no cell phone that can connect to Heaven.

Feedback Score
    Then she calls you, but in a different way.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    Then she calls you, but in a different way.
    That made me sad and smile.

My Mom has been 'pointing out' different things to my brother and me when we were looking for specific things in the house.

We found them.
    Yep it was her.

Sent from my Monstrous Moto e5

Device(s)
    Note 8, LG Xpression 2
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity, Tracphone
    Feedback Score
    I have seen it start to go to unlimited each month from focusing on minutes. My needs changed from needing a backup phone to test phones to using one phone. I remember when you could see at least five flip phones to choose from. Now there is only one flip available. I guess you could use a byop kit and put a At&t or T-Mobile flip on the carrier. The carrier is pushing smart phones at higher prices than it sister companies. If you compare the prices of the same model phone on straight talk it's alot less. I know you could buy a refurbished handset or could do a sim swap. The average user on Tracfone does not know that.

Device(s)
    LG V35, V20, iPhone SE, Moto E4, Galaxy Go Prime, Galaxy J3 Sky
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    That made me sad and smile.

My Mom has been 'pointing out' different things to my brother and me when we were looking for specific things in the house.

We found them.
    Yep it was her.

I lost my mom at the end of Feb, it's been pretty rough

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSnake91 View Post
    I lost my mom at the end of Feb, it's been pretty rough
    It definitely is.
    My sympathy for you.

Device(s)
    LG V20,Google Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone-since 2005
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by David Walcott View Post
    I have seen it start to go to unlimited each month from focusing on minutes.
    The carrier is pushing smart phones at higher prices than it sister companies....If you compare the prices of the same model phone on straight talk it's alot less....

I'm not following what message you are trying to convey. You started this thread by complaining that Tracfone has changed it's tactics and is cheating seniors - I think. Then you bought an $1100 Iphone. Then you signed up with Xfinity which you seem to think has better plans than Tracfone. (I went to the Infinity website and wasn't able to get cost info without giving them my email address-which I think is a rip-odd and just a tactic to sell my email to the world) In your latest post you seem to really want to buy a flip phone. I'm one of those old seniors you think Tracfone is ripping off and read your original post with interest because maybe, just maybe, there really is a better deal than Tracfone. Please enlighten me. Maybe I'm just too old to understand what a 36 year Walmart sales associate is talking about. In fact when I go to Walmart next Tuesday - during special senior hours - initiated to help during the Chinese Virus pandemic , I'll take my Amazon Android Fire HD 10, which I tricked into using Google Play, (because an Ipad is a real waste of $$$) pull up this post and ask the Sales Associate to interpret it for me. In closing, I don't, wouldn't buy any Apple product. In my opinion they are the epitome of rip-off.

Device(s)
    Note 8, LG Xpression 2
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity, Tracphone
    Feedback Score
    I do not want a flip phone for myself. I just use to deal with a lot of snowbirds in south Florida. Also a retirement community that shuttles senior citizens to my store. I was mostly writing about that crowd. There are some that a are a little tech savvy. But most of them just want a phone that can make emergency calls in time of need. The seniors that just call their families. The ones that use the international code to call back to Canada. I used Tracfone as a back up phone to test phones I was going to resell overseas. The company I used to do unlocking went out of business. I did not need test anything anymore. Also prepaid phone are getting harder to unlock now. I just how Tracfone has changed year after year. When I had a LG sunset and went to a byod sim kit I lost the triple minutes feature. I mostly used Tracfone for data. Before I did the port I had 9 GB of data left on my account.

Feedback Score
    Thank you for helping seniors. Stay safe.

Device(s)
    LG V20,Google Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone-since 2005
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by David Walcott View Post
    I do not want a flip phone for myself. I just use to deal with a lot of snowbirds in south Florida. Also a retirement community that shuttles senior citizens to my store. I was mostly writing about that crowd. There are some that a are a little tech savvy. But most of them just want a phone that can make emergency calls in time of need. The seniors that just call their families. The ones that use the international code to call back to Canada. I used Tracfone as a back up phone to test phones I was going to resell overseas. The company I used to do unlocking went out of business. I did not need test anything anymore. Also prepaid phone are getting harder to unlock now. I just how Tracfone has changed year after year. When I had a LG sunset and went to a byod sim kit I lost the triple minutes feature. I mostly used Tracfone for data. Before I did the port I had 9 GB of data left on my account.

Please just answer my questions.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast