Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 5G coming to Tracfone!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Thanks for the free streaming sites! Only thing I have been using is Curiosity Stream which does not cost much.
    You're welcome. I really like Crackle, Pluto, Tubi, and Vudu, but lots of other free options make it especially nice!

Device(s)
    Iphone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    You are thinking phones, but the promise of 5G has other applications. Wireless streaming could be a real game changer, and an end of the cable company monopolies. It will be real interesting to see where that goes as 5G get's built out more. T-Mobile has quite a lead in capability. Verizon has put their eggs in the wrong basket with mm-wave only.
    Tmobile really has no lead in capability as technically they don't even have 5G.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by offthegrid View Post
    Tmobile really has no lead in capability as technically they don't even have 5G.
    No, T-Mobile has the full range of 5G. They wisely put most of it initially on low-band because they had a lot of it. They are starting to incorporate the large amount of Sprint B41 mid-band to their network. No rush for mmWave, as it's limited in application to only urban areas. Verizon and AT&T are far behind in usable 5G coverage.

Device(s)
    BB 8320
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by offthegrid View Post
    Please elaborate on this statement (because, I'm no expert, but this is much different from my understanding).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CAL7 View Post
    Please elaborate on this statement (because, I'm no expert, but this is much different from my understanding).
    Lots of discussion in the T-Mobile forum here on HoFo. I have been following it for a few months. Quite interesting!

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CAL7 View Post
    Their low-band 5G network (the 'nationwide 5G') is still anchored by 4G LTE so speeds can be faster but we're not talking 1GB/down or anything like you see with mmWave. My gf just got an S20 Ultra and it's a really nice phone. "5G" is slightly faster than LTE on our iPhones but I'm talking like 10% faster. That will change in the future but for now 5G is a novelty.
    Castrol EDGE 0W-20 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 11 eSIM
    Secondary: TracFones: iPhone 11 dual-SIM [AT&T] & iPhone XS [Verizon]
    Mobile Broadband: ZTE Z917 LTE hotspot (5GB for $10) + iPad Mini 4 w/ T-Mobile LTE

Feedback Score
    There was talk about 3 months ago of 2 lg 5g phones for tracfone which were due to be released. I think they would be much more modest then the S20. I haven't heard anything about them being released though

Device(s)
    LG V35, V20, iPhone SE, Moto E4, Galaxy Go Prime, Galaxy J3 Sky
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I hope 5G byop comes to TF in a years time at least, no way I'd pay retail for new expensive phones but in a year's time some will be 1/4th of their current price.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3