Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile - Sprint Merger has finalized

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MasonDoctorJT View Post
    If this shows us anything with the way people need to work from home, it's that we need more broadband, especially including the wireless rural broadband that the "New T-MOBILE"can how deliver. So please stop being close minded and accept what is done.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X505F using HoFo mobile app
    I refuse to believe the fake news as the cpuc has not officially ruled just yet only issued a proposal and that is not by any means the final order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dzuchowski71 View Post
    I refuse to believe the fake news as the cpuc has not officially ruled just yet only issued a proposal and that is not by any means the final order

They. Can. Not. Stop. The. Merger.

All T-Mobile has to do is run a wholly-owned subsidiary called Sprint California and sell it in California if they say no. It's a done deal.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloTF View Post
    They. Can. Not. Stop. The. Merger.

All T-Mobile has to do is run a wholly-owned subsidiary called Sprint California and sell it in California if they say no. It's a done deal.
    Nope sprint will then only sell all but California in your scenario

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB Midnight Green
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    At what point does this account qualify for the ban hammer?

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Chicago, IL‎ ----------------------------------------------------‎ ‎Duluth, MN
    2+46+46+46+4 (85 MHz DL, 15 MHz UL) ---------------- 4+14 UL CA (30 MHz DL/UL)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    At what point does this account qualify for the ban hammer?

At what point about freedom of speech and my right to believe anything that I want to believe. We have rights in this country

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    At what point about freedom of speech and my right to believe anything that I want to believe. We have rights in this country

Rights in this country, not rights on this forum. You are protected from the government, not from websites and not from average people. Your entire account has been created for the purpose of trolling and it’s taking away from meaningful discussion.

Feedback Score

T-Mobile - Sprint Merger has finalized

Rights in this country, not rights on this forum. You are protected from the government, not from websites and not from average people. Your entire account has been created for the purpose of trolling and it’s taking away from meaningful discussion.

So basically as long as you agree with whatever the general consensus is then that’s fine but f you don’t then everyone teams up against you by bullying you? In this country we need to realize many people do not share the same views. So I refuse to believe until the cpuc issues it’s formal ruling that the deal is done and dish formally completes the boost asset sale

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score

Wow, you’ve really outsmarted T-Mobile’s law team. They have no clue how to run their business and totally proceeded with this merger with doubt that the entire 50 state wide merger will be shutdown by the CPUC.

Feedback Score

Wow, you’ve really outsmarted T-Mobile’s law team. They have no clue how to run their business and totally proceeded with this merger with doubt that the entire 50 state wide merger will be shutdown by the CPUC.

I can believe what I want to believe regardless of what the conventional thought is. There are still people who think the earth is flat. Does not mean they are wrong or right but they can believe it if they want. We need to let people believe anything they want.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    The earth being flat is totally “conventional thought”. You’re entitled to your opinion, but flooding the forum with this nonsense when it is obvious that this merger is finalized does nothing. I’m done here though. I never supported the merger and still don’t but I also am not believing something for the sake of stirring up a forum.

Feedback Score

The earth being flat is totally “conventional thought”. You’re entitled to your opinion, but flooding the forum with this nonsense when it is obvious that this merger is finalized does nothing. I’m done here though. I never supported the merger and still don’t but I also am not believing something for the sake of stirring up a forum.

How can it be finished when the cpuc has not formally issued its ruling and dish has not closed on the asset sale? The whole deal rests on dish otherwise the government would not have allowed it.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Nope sprint will then only sell all but California in your scenario

No, sir. Cash has already been exchanged. T-Mobile owns Sprint in full. They'd spin out a wholly-owned subsidiary named Sprint to compete with themselves in California. But we don't need to worry about that anyway, because it's going to be approved.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloTF View Post
    No, sir. Cash has already been exchanged. T-Mobile owns Sprint in full. They'd spin out a wholly-owned subsidiary named Sprint to compete with themselves in California. But we don't need to worry about that anyway, because it's going to be approved.
    I understand that there is a a draft that will allow it but all I’m saying is that until it’s official then it’s not really approved and the other aspect is the remedy and what would happen if dish did not get the banks for funding. Granted SoftBank could loan the money but the remedy is needed or it’s anticompetitive

Feedback Score
    When's Paul switching from a yellow shirt to a magenta shirt?
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT $60 360 days
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs Max, Essential PH-1
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I understand that there is a a draft that will allow it but all I’m saying is that until it’s official then it’s not really approved and the other aspect is the remedy and what would happen if dish did not get the banks for funding. Granted SoftBank could loan the money but the remedy is needed or it’s anticompetitive

This idea is nuts. The merger is done, T-Mobile has assumed control of Sprint and they had permission from the Federal Government, including the Tunney Act review by a federal court, to finalize the merger. To the best of my knowledge, the Federal Government has no ability to force the two companies to split back up under current US law. There are actions the Federal Government could take if they find T-Mobile has not lived up to the requirements that were made as approval conditions -- but those are more in terms of fines and other penalties against the merged company.

With what you are suggesting, if Dish does not live up to the terms they agreed to, in order to get Sprint's prepaid business and some of the wireless spectrum, then it will be Dish that is punished, not T-Mobile. If something happens to the financing, then the government likely has the choice of loaning Dish the money to ensure the merger goes through or, likely, find another buyer for Sprint's prepaid division and wireless spectrum -- as well as taking the spectrum Dish already owned, My understanding is that Dish had to have already deployed the spectrum they were given (I believe the deadline was Apr. 1 for much of it), and since they had not done it by the deadline, it would have been subject to forfeit except that part of the agreement with the government to get Sprint's prepaid gave them an extension on that time limit.

Now, as others have stated, CPUC could decide not to approve the merger but that would also not cause T-Mobile and Sprint to unmerge. My best guess is that it would go to court, which the State of California would likely lose.

It's also questionable if CPUC wants it to go to court, as T-Mobile is claiming CPUC does not have jurisdiction. The issue there is that T-Mobile, by most legal definitions, is not a "public utility" under current law. Public Utilities are Natural Gas, Electricity, and wired phone service. Sprint was regulated by CPUC because of their old Sprint landline services, which they have discontinued and T-Mobile is not purchasing under the merger.

CPUC is also claiming they have the right to regulate VoIP -- which would allow them to regulate cellular service -- but (from what I know) that is not granted by California law but is merely something CPUC has assumed they can do. And this may be why CPUC would not want to take T-Mobile to court -- because the court could tell CPUC they have no right to regulate VoIP and/or Cellular service, causing CPUC to lose the ability to regulate cellular service (short of California law being changed).

Also, as others have told you previously, if T-Mobile were to lose, then they'd split off the Sprint stores that are in California into a Sprint California company, one that is likely a wholly owned subsidiary of T-Mobile USA, that is independently operated. It would not stop the T-Mobile - Sprint merger.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast