Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PSA: Xfinity Mobile now min $12 monthly charge even if -0- data used

Device(s)
    Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    History: Verizon, PagePlus, PTel, RingPlus, Lyca, TMobile, Tello, Ting
    Feedback Score

PSA: Xfinity Mobile now min $12 monthly charge even if -0- data used

Logged in and saw a pending $12 bill despite 0 MB data used (only 1 of 4 phones active and data is turned off).

Attempted to chat and was given callback. Call backs are non responsive (auto system not recognizing my input).

Eventually got through to chat who said that $12 is min, despite data turned off/none used.

Time to cancel if another rep says the same.

When the change was announced, I read that any usage will result in charge as they migrated everyone to new plan (first 100 MB was free under older version). But rep says any [or none] = $12 (until you surpass 1MB, then it adds another)

Found the original article, my bad, it did say minimum $12 charge. PSA for those who didn't realize like me.

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, I closed out my lines a few months back.

Device(s)
    att , nokia 1100, moto 376g
    Carrier(s)
    att, trac, pageplus
    Feedback Score
    Comcast is having issues. My 90 year old dad has basic cable and the minimal internet package they just increased his bill by 50 dollars a month.
    trying to come up with better signature.......

Device(s)
    Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    History: Verizon, PagePlus, PTel, RingPlus, Lyca, TMobile, Tello, Ting
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pattyrn View Post
    Comcast is having issues. My 90 year old dad has basic cable and the minimal internet package they just increased his bill by 50 dollars a month.
    Call retention, have them give your dad a lower rate. Especially being a senior (congrats).

I've been calling them annually after the "contract" period to obtain a lower rate (or higher speeds).

Check the Xfinity / Comcast for what current rates /offerings are (mainly for new customers) and hopefully your dad can get a lower rate.

Good luck

PS cancelling my Xfinity Mobile lines now.

Feedback Score
    Home Internet essentials for seniors & low income is 95 cents per month... get it done for gramps.

Yes its impossible to get zero bytes cellular data. The OS will always sneak a few bytes through. but $20 or less including tax is nice price for 3 or 5 smartphones.

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bald2718281828 View Post
    Home Internet essentials for seniors & low income is 95 cents per month... get it done for gramps.
    9.95 per month. Also, i dont think it is for seniors, just low income people on other welfare programs.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11. Past: iPhone 8, iPhone SE, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6, Moto E, iPhone 5c,
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile | US Mobile |Xfinity Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clocks11 View Post
    9.95 per month. Also, i dont think it is for seniors, just low income people on other welfare programs.
    They usually sign people up based on their kids eligibility for the “school lunch program”. Their may be expanded qualifiers now but im not sure

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clocks11 View Post
    Internet Essentials has been expanded to include seniors on medicaide madicaire and low income veterans as well.

They typically aren't real picky about verifying qualifications.

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by spdracer5g View Post
    Internet Essentials has been expanded to include seniors on medicaide madicaire and low income veterans as well.
    Were seniors excluded before? I'm not sure I understand the difference. You either are on a welfare program or you are not, regardless of age.

Device(s)
    LG X Charge, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pattyrn View Post
    The regular price for the lowest package for TV+Internet has actually dropped in the San Francisco Bay Area. Choice TV Double Play (Limited Basic + 75 Mbps) is now $60, down from the previous equivalent package around $79. They did increase the broadcast TV fee, which is now $14.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 3c3 View Post
    The regular price for the lowest package for TV+Internet has actually dropped in the San Francisco Bay Area. Choice TV Double Play (Limited Basic + 75 Mbps) is now $60, down from the previous equivalent package around $79. They did increase the broadcast TV fee, which is now $14.
    That seems like a really good value. Is that the regular price after any promos end?

So Choice TV Double Play (Limited Basic + 75 Mbps) would be $74/mo+taxes? Or is the $14 broadcast TV fee already included in the $60/mo?

Device(s)
    LG X Charge, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    That seems like a really good value. Is that the regular price after any promos end?

So Choice TV Double Play (Limited Basic + 75 Mbps) would be $74/mo+taxes? Or is the $14 broadcast TV fee already included in the $60/mo?
    Just like other taxes and fees, the $14 broadcast TV fee is not included in any advertised or negotiated prices. In this case, the total would be $74+taxes.

That's the regular price, which was introduced in January. I've had the equivalent package for many years, calling the retention department every year to get it for $50. Last December, it went back up to the regular price of $79, and I signed up for 2-year contract of $55/month. Still better than the new $60 package, but not by much.

Feedback Score

PSA: Xfinity Mobile now min $12 monthly charge even if -0- data used

Choice tv double play is my package for most years too. Currently it is $56.31 per month including all tax and fees but intro price is expiring soon. No contracts here. Price does not include a credit of $2.50 monthly for comcast to rent my cablecard device from me. Will have to call to sign up for that.
    Xfinity.com/equipmentpolicy .

Device(s)
    LG X Charge, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bald2718281828 View Post
    Price does not include a credit of $2.50 monthly for comcast to rent my cablecard device from me.
    That credit should be $5 now.

Device(s)
    LG X Charge, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    "For accounts opened after 5/18/20, with By the Gig lines, a minimum $15.00 charge applies per month"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast