Thread: Customer Support during Lockdown

Feedback Score

Customer Support during Lockdown

I had to get Koodo to give me a new account because they compromised my old account during the most recent security breach. Unfortunately, they didn't do it right and now I can't do any operations online - it just says "Your order needs to be processed in a store", but they've closed all the stores. I need to buy a new phone, and the one I want is one that's likely to sell out soon, almost for sure by the time this lockdown is done. All I need them to do is fix my account so I can order the phone online.

It's amusing that at the bottom of the web page it says: "Online only. Currently only available in store".

The customer support line sends you to chat, and the chat bot can't do anything. Does anyone know how to contact Koodo Customer support?

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I have a similar problem. I’m trying to do a Transfer of Ownership with Koodo. But how can I do that if all Koodo kiosks and even all TELUS stores are closed for COVID-19?

I tried the online Koodo Assistant too, but it told me it can’t help me with a Transfer of Responsibility.
    Koodo: Unlimited Canada Talk, World Text, 8+9 GB Data
    AT&T: Unlimited talk & text in and between the U.S., Canada, & Mexico, 8+17 GB data

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You need to request a callback from the chat bot. A CSR will call you back in 30 minute, but could be longer now for obvious reasons.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3) - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play - OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition - Huawei P20 Pro

Feedback Score
    OK, but when I try to do that it says they're not open because of COVID-19. Is there a special way to ask now?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    mjhf, I understand your frustration but due to the Covid 19 crisis many companies have limited customer support. Many are having to allow their workers to remotely assist from their homes as several large call centers are being closed (hopefully only temporarily).

This takes time and you need to understand during this transition period that some things cannot be resolved easily or very quickly. This pandemic was not easily predicted, nor solutions pre-planned. We are truly in uncharted territory.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    veriztd, I notice that Koodo is still able to send me my bill, and I'm sure they expect me to pay it, so I think it's reasonable that they fix the problem that they created. If, as you say, people are working from home, why can't they talk to ME? They said they did still have some staff working, so you're basically telling me that I'm just not important enough.

And frankly, people who work in call centres sit on the phone all day - they don't talk to people directly. Hardly a high risk job. As you say, they could even work from home. I wonder just how much money Koodo is going to save by not having to pay all those people?

I just checked out the Freedom Mobile website - they make no mention of shutting down their phone support, and they say they are keeping some of their corporate stores open.

So veriztd, can you please explain to me why Koodo needs to shut down all of their services when other mobile providers don't need to?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I can't answer all of your questions. I am only relating experiences that I have personally had and from what I have read and heard from the news. Billing is automated and requires very little human interaction. Billing questions do require a real person. Call centers are temporarily closing to limit Covid 19 exposure for large groups of people. In the meantime you need to be patient. I am willing to bet that some temporarily displaced workers are not working regularly and those who will work at home will take time to set up their home work environments.

You need to cut a little slack to those service centers during the worldwide pandemic. It will resolve itself in time. I don't know about what the virus is doing where you live, but where I live there are some communities starting to enforce stay at home curfews. I know that many cellular carriers in the US are waiving payment late fees and not shutting off accounts due to late payments right now.

It is not like you or anyone else is being singled out and I am not calling you out, just offering the best advice under the circumstances.

Device(s)
    Essential PH-1 / Apple iPhone X
    Feedback Score
    Not all Koodo locations are closed, at least not Telus/Koodo dual-brand dealers. I don't know where you're located, but try to get a response from Telus/Koodo on where the nearest 'community hub' location is, and then contact that store to see if they are able to help you.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by turbogeek View Post
    Not all Koodo locations are closed, at least not Telus/Koodo dual-brand dealers. I don't know where you're located, but try to get a response from Telus/Koodo on where the nearest 'community hub' location is, and then contact that store to see if they are able to help you.
    I'm in Toronto. I asked the Koodo Assist bot about 'community hub' and here's the response:

Due to the unprecedented events related to COVID-19, we’re operating with a limited team. In order to support essential services, we’re unable to assist with your request at this time. Please check back periodically as we’re working hard to restore full service.
    In the meantime, you can always access your account details through Koodo Self Serve. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    All TELUS Corporate stores and Koodo stores/kiosks are closed in Toronto. I called a TELUS Retail store this morning, but they don't deal with Koodo even though TELUS owns Koodo.

According to the TELUS website, TELUS Corporate stores will not reopen in Toronto until Wednesday. Koodo stores and kiosks seem to be closed all across Canada.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I spoke to two Walmart stores two days ago, but they are not authorized to do a Transfer of Ownership for Koodo.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The _Night_Owl, thanks for confirming what I suspected. Unfortunately, the OP will need to be patient. Some things are just out of Koodo's control.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mjhf View Post
    And frankly, people who work in call centres sit on the phone all day - they don't talk to people directly. Hardly a high risk job. As you say, they could even work from home. I wonder just how much money Koodo is going to save by not having to pay all those people?
    You have obviously never worked in a call center. Typically they employ hundreds or thousands of workers (not all at the same shift times/days). If just one co-worker has been exposed it could affect the entire call center.

Feedback Score
    Maybe send a check through Canada Post?

...notice that Koodo is still able to send me my bill, and I'm sure they expect me to pay it, so I think it's reasonable that they fix the problem that they created. If, as you say, people are working from home, why can't they talk to ME? They said they did still have some staff working, so you're basically telling me that I'm just not important enough...
    Disclaimer: All my posts, replies, comments and/or opinions expressed on www.howardforums.com are my own contribution only. The views expressed on this page do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Fido, its management or employees.
    Fritz Z24...

Feedback Score
    ...And frankly, people who work in call centres sit on the phone all day - they don't talk to people directly. Hardly a high risk job...
    Seriously?!?! Hardly a high risk job with the current situation with COVID-19? I don’t think you know the complexity of avoiding the contamination at this point...