Thread: IOS 13.3 Hotspot Issues Addressed in 13.4??

Device(s)
    Alcatel Fierce 2, VMoto E, Kyocera Icon, Lumia 640, Several Dumb Phones
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Smartel, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score

IOS 13.3 Hotspot Issues Addressed in 13.4??

Any "serious" iPhone hotspot users here?

Ios 13.3 was known to have a pretty serious issue with maintaining a stable connection with devices connected to it.

Read many articles about it possibly being addressed in 13.4 but have seen no news about it since the update.

Anyone know if this was remedied in 13.4? Thanks.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Oh well, looks like I am back to the iOS 13.3 hotspot issues(even though I updated to 13.4). After a number of hours, or a day or so, 2 of my devices no longer see the iPhone hotspot.

So maybe the issue really was NOT ADDRESSED to a permanent solution in the 13.4 update.

Guess it's going back to the frustrating restart-wait for next disconnect-restart cycle.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gwite View Post
    Oh well, looks like I am back to the iOS 13.3 hotspot issues(even though I updated to 13.4). After a number of hours, or a day or so, 2 of my devices no longer see the iPhone hotspot. So maybe the issue really was NOT ADDRESSED to a permanent solution in the 13.4 update. Guess it's going back to the frustrating restart-wait for next disconnect-restart cycle.
    could try turning off Bluetooth on one or both devices and see if that helps see post #52 - https://forums.macrumors.com/threads...2227384/page-3

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

IOS 13.3 Hotspot Issues Addressed in 13.4??

What carrier do you use and what rate plan?

I’m on the discontinued T-Mobile ONE Plus Promo plan.

Before the Coronavirus update I averaged 2 GB’s of Personal Hotspot a week. I haven’t dropped or lost connectivity in a long, long time.

To be honest I was totally unaware that it was an issue for anyone? And usually I only have one device connected to it: My MacBook Pro.

I’m currently on 13.4 Carrier Version 41.0. For kicks I connected my tablet to it for 20 minutes and I haven’t dropped my connection.

I’ll test again tomorrow.

Sorry you are having problems.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    What carrier do you use and what rate plan?

I’m on the discontinued T-Mobile ONE Plus Promo plan.

Before the Coronavirus update I averaged 2 GB’s of Personal Hotspot a week. I haven’t dropped or lost connectivity in a long, long time.

To be honest I was totally unaware that it was an issue for anyone? And usually I only have one device connected to it: My MacBook Pro.

I’m currently on 13.4 Carrier Version 41.0. For kicks I connected my tablet to it for 20 minutes and I haven’t dropped my connection.

I’ll test again tomorrow.

Sorry you are having problems.
    With Visible Wireless. Only 1 plan. Unlimited everything, including hotspot. Issue not carrier specific. Been with them for 10 months. Extensive hotspot use. No issues for 9 1/2 months. Things worked so well, I intentionally held onto ios 12.x.

On a stupid whim, decided to update to 13.x and immediately began having hotspot issues.

Wish I had done some simple research before updating. Pretty widespread issue but not if you don't use hotspot much.