Thread: Tracfone transfer nightmare and finally fixed

Feedback Score

Angry Tracfone transfer nightmare and finally fixed

I transferred my Alatel A1X to a BYOP Sim and had everything transfer over except the text messages which said 0 balance. Had grabbed a screenshot of my phones balance and emailed it to myself for proof.

Then, I initiate a chat with TF, and they proceed to tell me that I did not have any texts left... Total BS.

So I look for a corporate number to call and found a dealer support number since the corporate number was close.

Got ahold of a nice lady from their department and explained to her my data was not working and my texts were gone.

She helped me fix my data by having me put a new APN in the phone. Data turned on. I now have LTE+ displaying on my phone.

Next things next I tell her about my text messages and she gives me the excuse that her systems were updating and she could not help me. An attempt to brush me off.

I told her that I needed to get ahold of friends and family and that I needed my text messages back and to transfer me to a higher up.

I got transferred to a supervisor and within 10 minutes my text messages were back.

This was a stressful experience but things are working again.

Feedback Score
    I'm sorry you had to go through that. It is becoming all too common. There seems to be a problem with texts carrying over. It happened to me recently and also to others. We should not have to dread these tasks that Tracfone has had plenty of time to get right, but has chosen not to care about. It is their choice to be so incompetent.

Feedback Score
    Had the same issue recently. Lost 2k texts on a SIM transfer when it zeroed out on me. The other part of that swap I don’t get is I went from 2k minutes to around 20k minutes. As this is my Verizon backup for data I did not care too much about the texts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevdogg32901 View Post
    Had the same issue recently. Lost 2k texts on a SIM transfer when it zeroed out on me. The other part of that swap I don’t get is I went from 2k minutes to around 20k minutes. As this is my Verizon backup for data I did not care too much about the texts.
    The same exact thing happened to me recently. Swapped from a TF/ATT to a TF/VZW both BYOD SIMs.

The texts went to zero and the minutes got a 0 added to the end so went from ~450 to ~4500. This looked pretty stupid when the CSR added the ~450 texts back and also the data was about 450mb. The minutes was obviously a big boo-boo but the text CSR didn't question it even though I had the $15 card activated for only two days.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    The same exact thing happened to me recently. Swapped from a TF/ATT to a TF/VZW both BYOD SIMs.

The texts went to zero and the minutes got a 0 added to the end so went from ~450 to ~4500. This looked pretty stupid when the CSR added the ~450 texts back and also the data was about 450mb. The minutes was obviously a big boo-boo but the text CSR didn't question it even though I had the $15 card activated for only two days.
    They are probably working with a skeleton crew.