Thread: T-Mobile 5G on Prepaid Plans?

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    Mint Mobile
    Feedback Score

T-Mobile 5G on Prepaid Plans?

Does anyone know about the future of 5G on T-Mobile’s prepaid plans?

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Can't say for sure but T-Mobile is treating 5G like it's just the next step in cellular evolution, not a separate, premium, service. Every T-Mobile postpaid customer is supposed to have access to 5G, I assume this applies to prepaid too.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    Mint Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Can't say for sure but T-Mobile is treating 5G like it's just the next step in cellular evolution, not a separate, premium, service. Every T-Mobile postpaid customer is supposed to have access to 5G, I assume this applies to prepaid too.
    Any idea if that includes MVNO’s too?

I’m trying to remember when 4G rolled around- and I’m pretty sure it wasn’t a premium service on any provider. It was just there, and if you had a phone with 4G capability then it worked. I was on a Sprint MVNO at that time. One day I had LTE all of a sudden in my town on one tower. A few months later I had LTE everywhere.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus Product Red
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Maybe, Visible, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I saw on the mint subreddit someone had 5G. But lets be real, T-Mobile's 4.9, I mean 5G is just LTE until they get sprint's spectrum.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    5G after the equipment is installed is cheaper to operate with customers than LTE since 5G is more efficient. . Customers will be on and off the network faster on 5G than 4G. Especially right now that so few people have 5G phones. When Stand-Alone 5G is deployed with DSS both 5G and LTE will be using the same physical spectrum blocks. The more people that are on 5G the fastest people are on and off the network. Plus since with Sprint’s spectrum the New T-Mobile will have more Sub-3.5 GHz spectrum than both AT&T and Verizon combined which will make T-Mobile able to be more cost effective than the competition.

T-Mobile would love all their customers to be on 5G since it makes T-Mobile more effective that increases profits.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Maryland View Post
    I saw on the mint subreddit someone had 5G. But lets be real, T-Mobile's 4.9, I mean 5G is just LTE until they get sprint's spectrum.
    And that crap AT&T called 5Ge is just AT&T lying to their customers since AT&T knows customers are stupid enough to know that AT&T lied to them. BTW, soon T-Mobile will have that extra Sprint spectrum as AT&T is still lying to their customers with 5Ge.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    Mint Mobile
    Feedback Score
    That’s good to hear! And yeah, it’s still LTE speeds. I routinely pull 100mbps on my LTE phone. But, 5G still new technology and still pretty cool. And it’s even more cool when you can access it as a normal subscriber.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus Product Red
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Maybe, Visible, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    And that crap AT&T called 5Ge is just AT&T lying to their customers since AT&T knows customers are stupid enough to know that AT&T lied to them. BTW, soon T-Mobile will have that extra Sprint spectrum as AT&T is still lying to their customers with 5Ge.
    It's fake 5G but it's still faster than T-Mobile's LTE and pathetic 5G LOL. If you actually read anything about AT&T's marketing you would see that 5Ge means that it'll be 5G eventually, but keep drinking that Kool-Aid and stay uneducated.

https://m.imgur.com/a/Byu9Xqw
    https://m.imgur.com/a/w8M0IPa

Match up the time stamps, same location for each test around Baltimore.
    Personal Highest on LTE - US RT 1 and MD-152

Home internet - Verizon Fios 150/150 (Upgraded to Gigabit Jan. 26 2019)

Fios Gigabit:

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It's fake 5G but it's still faster than T-Mobile's LTE and pathetic 5G LOL. If you actually read anything about AT&T's marketing you would see that 5Ge means that it'll be 5G eventually, but keep drinking that Kool-Aid and stay uneducated.

https://m.imgur.com/a/Byu9Xqw
    https://m.imgur.com/a/w8M0IPa

Match up the time stamps, same location for each test around Baltimore.

Why would I waste time with AT&T that has no data service and only enough service for the ringer inside my house in my neighborhood. I fired AT&T since I got tired of walking down the street a 100 yards to get enough of a signal that the person I was talking to could hear a single word I said on a voice call. I live in a major city in Broward country Florida with about 2 million people. I fired AT&T for their shoddy overrated and overpriced service. AT&T will never get another penny of my money.