Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Results 61 to 75 of 75

Thread: PSA: T-Mobiles $15 plan is totally capped, a not so Uncarrier move

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    532
    Feedback Score
    0
    I don't tr6 to spin anything. People need to cut the crap. The plan is cheep as crap so I don't wanna hear the cry babies. If you need more data to for the 5 GB plan. This is the.way it should be we were spoiled on the 2g thing. If I have to pay $10 more a month time to time I could care less. Remember 2 GB used to cost $30. I for one think this is under priced but I guess we have to market to the lazy poor *** people.

    Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Berkeley and Miami
    Posts
    4,823
    Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, wife S10
    Carrier(s)
    T-M
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Is offering the speed of 128 Kbps really one-upping? Have you tried to do anything at 128 Kbps lately?
    When TM enabled free intl roaming a few years back data was at 128 kbps. Fast enuf for email and Google Maps in several diff. countries.
    GoogleVoice (domestic call forwarding and cheap intl. calls) Use GV to give us a "home" number in a 2nd location
    8 T-Mobile lines - Unlimited talk and text, data. TM One plan. Get $10/mo. rebate on 7 lines for low data use. Net cost about $185-190/mo. We haven't had a landline in more than 17 years.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Berkeley and Miami
    Posts
    4,823
    Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, wife S10
    Carrier(s)
    T-M
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    Yes. That's part of what they promised California to settle the lawsuit.

    They also promised some other states (e.g. Texas) they'd keep it for five years, and I the FCC as a condition of the merger approval to keep it nationwide for at least three. I doubt T-Mo would want to go back to the days of regional plans and offer different plans in different states, so it's likely it'll be around nationally for at least five.

    Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    I thought the deal closed withOUT Calif. agreeing.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,999
    Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5+, Any and all Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethaler View Post
    I thought the deal closed withOUT Calif. agreeing.
    There were two separate California issues. The CA Attorney General settled the state lawsuit with T-Mo, but the CA Public Utilities Commission claimed they also had jurisdiction over the merger and applied conditions that T-Mo hasn't yet agreed to, arguing the CPUC lacks any authority to block the merger.



    Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Redondo Beach, California
    Posts
    567
    Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus 64GB and iPhone 11 PRO Max 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    There were two separate California issues. The CA Attorney General settled the state lawsuit with T-Mo, but the CA Public Utilities Commission claimed they also had jurisdiction over the merger and applied conditions that T-Mo hasn't yet agreed to, arguing the CPUC lacks any authority to block the merger.



    Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    The California Public utilities commission voted to Approve the merger on April 16.

    See thread:https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...-to-the-merger
    Manners cost nothing, and also have the added benefit of making a man. You know, it is entirely possible to rise above others, without stooping to pushing them under, and putting them down.
    My Sister is a supervisor at T-Mobile's Salem Oregon Call center. Loyal T-Mobile customer of 16 Years.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,999
    Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5+, Any and all Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by trees12 View Post
    The California Public utilities commission voted to Approve the merger on April 16.

    See thread:https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...-to-the-merger
    Right. The CPUC approved the merger with a set of conditions that T-Mo, to the best of my knowledge, doesn't acknowledge as binding, including covering 99% of California's population with service.

    Unlike the settlements with the various state's AGs, which were negotiated *with" T-Mo, the CPUC's conditional approval was decreed *without* T-Mo's input.



    Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    15,179
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethaler View Post
    When TM enabled free intl roaming a few years back data was at 128 kbps. Fast enuf for email and Google Maps in several diff. countries.
    I think people have found the international throttle way more usable than the domestic throttle (even though they are supposedly throttled at the same speeds.) I'm not sure of the technical reason why that is, but that's just based upon experiences that I've seen.

    clonehappy in post #14 of this thread said he could get some use out of the domestic throttle after some adjustments. Probably not something the typical user would do.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,999
    Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5+, Any and all Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    I think people have found the international throttle way more usable than the domestic throttle (even though they are supposedly throttled at the same speeds.) I'm not sure of the technical reason why that is, but that's just based upon experiences that I've seen.

    clonehappy in post #14 of this thread said he could get some use out of the domestic throttle after some adjustments. Probably not something the typical user would do.
    I don't think there's any real difference I've ever noticed between the throttle T-Mo applies domestically and internationally.

    I think part of the problem is customer confusion between 2G throttling and connecting to T-Mo's actual 2G EDGE network. We still get occasionally posts here from folks who think when data is throttled the carrier kicks you off LTE and onto a slower network.

    On my Android tablet with 2GB high speed/unlimited "2G" data, I find the 2G data slow but usable for email, maps and light browsing. The very few times I've been stuck on the actual legacy EDGE network however, virtually nothing data-related works and everything times out or reports "no connection".



    So most of those who report "T-Mo's 2G doesn't work", etc., I suspect are referring to *actual* 2G/EDGE, and probably not to throttled data.

    Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    15,179
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    Just get AT&T's $15 plan, apparently it includes throttled data after the 2GB!

    I wonder if T-Mobile will respond to their one-upping?
    You mean by T-Mobile continuing to offer their $15 a plan after AT&T took away that option on May 13th. I suppose that's a response, right?

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Berkeley and Miami
    Posts
    4,823
    Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, wife S10
    Carrier(s)
    T-M
    Feedback Score
    0
    A couple years ago, TM offered a plan (which we have) that you paid about $50 or $60 for first 2 lines and $20/line after that. Unlimited data.
    HOWEVER, you got/get a $10 rebate on each line that stays under 2Gigs. That means 6 of the 8 lines only costs $10/mo. Most of us are over 40 - so only use data for Google Maps and some Pandora streaming. Only one user goes over 2G - about 2/3 of time. Our bill never runs over $185/mo.
    I forgot - like everyone else get a $5/line credit for autopay.
    AND we took advantage of their unpublicized Covid special where they cut bill in half IF you agreed to a 2G data cap for 60? 90? days.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CMA003 (Chicagoland)
    Posts
    2,740
    Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    You mean by T-Mobile continuing to offer their $15 a plan after AT&T took away that option on May 13th. I suppose that's a response, right?
    That comment was made in March, when the plan was still offered, and it was still uncertain how long AT&T would keep the plan around. The people who got in on it are grandfathered anyway, so its not like the plan doesnt exist anymore.

    But yes, one could say its a response. Since T-Mobile has agreed to offer the Connect plans for 5 years, I dont think its any surprise to anyone that its still around.

    I just seriously wondered if T-Mobile would offer any spiffs on the cheap plans, like maybe Music Freedom or the throttled 128k data that they offer on all their other plans. They didnt, so here we are.

    Its still an excellent deal for people who dont use a lot of data. The 5GB $25 plan is working well for a few people in my family right now and they are happy I switched them over. These were people paying $130/mo after taxes for 2 5GB lines on postpaid Verizon.


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    15,179
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethaler View Post
    HOWEVER, you got/get a $10 rebate on each line that stays under 2Gigs. That means 6 of the 8 lines only costs $10/mo. Most of us are over 40 - so only use data for Google Maps and some Pandora streaming. Only one user goes over 2G - about 2/3 of time. Our bill never runs over $185/mo.
    That $10 off per line is a great deal for low data users.

    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    Its still an excellent deal for people who dont use a lot of data. The 5GB $25 plan is working well for a few people in my family right now and they are happy I switched them over. These were people paying $130/mo after taxes for 2 5GB lines on postpaid Verizon.
    Yes, the pricing on these Connect plans is working out great for a lot of people.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    16,423
    Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    ..... The 5GB $25 plan is working well for a few people in my family right now and they are happy I switched them over. ....
    When we had a Project Fi line, it was a struggle to keep the bill under $30/mo. I was always grabbing the wife's phone to make sure she was on WiFi and we had to run every data saver option the phone and browser had. $25 for 5GB does seem like a decent plan. Of course, our 2/$60 grandfathered 55+ plan is even better but it's still a good deal for a non-senior stand-alone plan. Since T-Mobile roams USCC and Sprint is going away, Fi will no longer have a coverage advantage.
    Donald Newcomb

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,467
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethaler View Post
    A couple years ago, TM offered a plan (which we have) that you paid about $50 or $60 for first 2 lines and $20/line after that. Unlimited data.
    HOWEVER, you got/get a $10 rebate on each line that stays under 2Gigs. That means 6 of the 8 lines only costs $10/mo. Most of us are over 40 - so only use data for Google Maps and some Pandora streaming. Only one user goes over 2G - about 2/3 of time. Our bill never runs over $185/mo.
    I forgot - like everyone else get a $5/line credit for autopay.
    AND we took advantage of their unpublicized Covid special where they cut bill in half IF you agreed to a 2G data cap for 60? 90? days.
    I'm confused by this. Do you mean the first 2 lines are $50-$60 each, or total? I don't see how this could add up to +/-$185 with the $10 Kickback on 6 or 7 lines.

    I have a bunch of discounts on my ONE plan and with the 3 bill, 1/2 off discount my last bill was only $59 for 9 lines.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    15,179
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    That comment was made in March, when the plan was still offered, and it was still uncertain how long AT&T would keep the plan around. The people who got in on it are grandfathered anyway, so it’s not like the plan doesn’t exist anymore.
    Nope. AT&T is raising the price of the plan by $30 on July 15th.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/ATT/comment...tm_name=iossmf

    It was just a short-term waste of time for AT&T to get everyone to switch and then they'll switch away.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Similar Threads

  1. T Mobile not so Uncarrier!
    By techguru30 in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-31-2015, 11:58 AM
  2. Question about Mobilicity Data Plan and Speed Caps
    By silverd19 in forum Mobilicity
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-30-2012, 06:37 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-02-2010, 01:43 AM
  4. Bell My new plan, is it good? I think so
    By uberrich in forum Bell/Virgin/Lucky/Solo
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-02-2009, 07:24 PM
  5. T-Mobile Prepaid Plan: Is it worth it?
    By RealRuler in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-03-2004, 09:48 PM

Bookmarks