Thread: PSA: T-Mobiles $15 plan is totally capped, a not so Uncarrier move

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ajholik View Post
    I mean... its $15 a month.
    Yup... Back in 2002 when I had AT&T wireless... I had their cheapest plan... And it was still 19.95 for 100 minutes and didn't include outgoing text

Sent from my LM-G710 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Verizon customer here. On their tiered data plans both prepaid and postpaid they have safety mode when you go over and it's 128 kbps. It's useless. It basically like not having service at all.
    I completely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    It's okay, competition doesn't kill anyones.
    Competition? What competition? I thought the T-Mobile/Sprint merger was going to kill all competition going forward? Isn't that what the anti-merger folks kept telling us for so long?

Device(s)
    IPHONE 11
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

PSA: T-Mobiles $15 plan is totally capped, a not so Uncarrier move

Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    I completely agree.

Competition? What competition? I thought the T-Mobile/Sprint merger was going to kill all competition going forward? Isn't that what the anti-merger folks kept telling us for so long?
    T-Mobile/Sprint merging will lower prices for everyone. Not sure why the anti-merger people think otherwise? With the resources that T-Mobile has with the combined companies will certainly lower costs.

Device(s)
    Moto X4 & G7; Pixel 3a & 4xl; Nexus 5x; IPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Buttler View Post
    T-Mobile/Sprint merging will lower prices for everyone. Not sure why the anti-merger people think otherwise? With the resources that T-Mobile has with the combined companies will certainly lower costs.
    Gotta mark this post and come back to it a year from now.
    Nexus 5x, Pixel 2, 3, 3a, Moto X4, G6 & G7 on Google Fi
    iPhone XR & ZTE R2 on Visible

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterfield View Post
    3 years from now. T-Mo guaranteed they wouldn't raise rates for three years as one of the conditions used for conning the feds into this merger.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterfield View Post
    When T-Mobile start taking customers from Verizon and at&t then those 2 will have to offer better plans and pricing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    When T-Mobile start taking customers from Verizon and at&t then those 2 will have to offer better plans and pricing.
    Exactly right.

Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    3 years from now. T-Mo guaranteed they wouldn't raise rates for three years as one of the conditions used for conning the feds into this merger.
    Conning? Is that what you call taking under-utilized resources from a nearly bankrupt company and putting them into use for the good of the public? Yes, this greatly upsets those who are AT&T and Verizon supporters who now are fearful that this merger will affect those companies position and market share. But in this case, the government chose what was in the best interests of the people over the interests of the duopoly.

Feedback Score
    Conning? Is that what you call taking under-utilized resources from a nearly bankrupt company and putting them into use for the good of the public? Yes, this greatly upsets those who are AT&T and Verizon supporters who now are fearful that this merger will affect those companies position and market share. But in this case, the government chose what was in the best interests of the people over the interests of the duopoly.
    Apparently some people rather Sprint wither and die and Verizon and at&t pick over its corpse while T-Mobile remain a distant 3rd meaning that Verizon and at&T only have to make modest changes. And I use the word modest very generously.

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Exactly right.

What world do you live in where normal people "support" giant corporations like they're sports teams? Do you think people read the stock prices like sports pages? ("T-Mo's up $3! They're really crushing it this season! Can't wait for the playoffs!")

Who other than the weird group of sycophants and fanboys here "support" AT&T, Verizon or T-Mobile in any way other than giving them payment due for services rendered?

The only group in wireless I "support" is *consumers*. You may not agree this merger is bad for consumers, and that's fine- there are arguments to be made for either position- but don't mistake any "anti-T-Mobile" sentiment you ever hear from me as somehow in support of their competitors.

All wireless corporations have one goal- maximizing revenue and profit at the expense of their customers. I'm a T-Mo subscriber because for *me* they offer a little more value, and perhaps a tiny bit less evil, than their competition (for now. Let's check back in a few years. Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.) Whenever T-Mo (or AT&T, or Verizon, etc.) does something anti-competitive, or anti-consumer, calling them out on it is *not* "supporting" their competition.

What I find amusing is how some here find the same features or initiatives alternatively good or worthless depending on what carrier offers/promotes it. Take Shillo's dismissal of mmWave as useless when Verizon pushes it, followed by begrudgingly admitting it has some use in certain situations when T-Mo deploys it. Or how unlimited throttled data was an amazing differentiator when it was a T-Mo exclusive, but now it's useless and worthless when AT&T offers it on their $15 plan but T-Mo doesn't.

Hypocrisy thy name is HoFo...

Feedback Score
    I don't understand why everyone thinks or at least pretends that prices were going to remain the same forever? I mean, do some of you honestly believe that the cost of goods and services aren't driven by consumer demand, the economy and availability of resources and competition?

There seems to be some amazing psychics out there who knew T-Mobile would be raising prices over the next 3 years without this deal.

Thank you for saving us our future dollars.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post

Who other than the weird group of sycophants and fanboys here "support" AT&T, Verizon or T-Mobile in any way other than giving them payment due for services rendered?

———

What I find amusing is how some here find the same features or initiatives alternatively good or worthless depending on what carrier offers/promotes it. Take Shillo's dismissal of mmWave as useless when Verizon pushes it, followed by begrudgingly admitting it has some use in certain situations when T-Mo deploys it. Or how unlimited throttled data was an amazing differentiator when it was a T-Mo exclusive, but now it's useless and worthless when AT&T offers it on their $15 plan but T-Mo doesn't.

Hypocrisy thy name is HoFo...

What I find amusing is people that have to make up lies about what I said. I haven’t discussed the $15 plan by T-Mobile or AT&T on any thread or talked about what happens when you run out of higher speed data as you accuse me of doing.. I admit that I am no fan of Mobil phone mmWave by any network including T-Mobile except for stadiums, airports, beaches or outdoor events. I have stated many times that mmWave is for WISP and Edge Computing a few times. Maybe you should pay attention if you are going to call the people on this board names when you don’t even remember who you are talking about.

BTW, at least use Shiloh instead of insulting me calling me “Shillo”. I see what you are doing calling me a insulting name “Shill”-o ... Boy I wish I could insult people at the level you do and gets away with it.
    Last edited by shilohcane; 03-30-2020 at 05:31 PM.

Device(s)
    IPHONE 11
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Exactly right.

Att and Verizon have been on top for much to long. As T-Mobile integrates both networks the party will be over for the duopoly. The T-Mobile haters will fume when they see prices go down after network synergies have been completed. N71 deployment is rocking along at a furious pace.

Feedback Score
    Some of the haters have already backed off from their constant criticism and digs with every comment. The board has gotten a lot more civil without all the back and forth about TM not being worthy of challenging big red and the death star. I for one, really appreciate not having to dread every thread where someone feels compelled to comment negatively on a positive action or review about TM.

Feedback Score
    I really can't knock att or tmobile at this point. I signed up for both at $15 each plus tax so not a bad deal at all. 2gb data on each isnt bad and gives me plenty of data.

I dont expect each plan to be but so permanent, especially the att one. I expect the att plan to go up later this year, but maybe I'm wrong and they surprise us

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    I really can't knock att or tmobile at this point. I signed up for both at $15 each plus tax so not a bad deal at all. 2gb data on each isnt bad and gives me plenty of data.

I dont expect each plan to be but so permanent, especially the att one. I expect the att plan to go up later this year, but maybe I'm wrong and they surprise us
    I appreciate the current T-Mobile philosophy of leaving rates alone for existing plans. I've had my plan since early 2017 and pray it never changes. I can even live without 5G if that's what it takes. I suspect it will be included though. It's comforting to have the highest level of TM staff be vocal and somewhat accessible to the average patron.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast