Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: New 2GB Plan, More Data and/or Hotspot Temporarily Included with Some Plans

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    310-150
    Feedback Score

New 2GB Plan, More Data and/or Hotspot Temporarily Included with Some Plans

It looks like AT&T has decided to respond to T-Mobile's Connect plans under the current circumstances:

https://about.att.com/newsroom/2020/...t_prepaid.html

Starting Friday, March 27, AT&T PREPAID is offering three new ways to help ease financial stress during these difficult times.

AT&T PREPAID is here to help:

A limited time offer of $15 for 2GB of data with unlimited talk and text will be available to new and existing customers with no activation fee. To get started on the $15 limited time offer, just visit www.att.com/prepaid or use the MyATT app.

An automatic 10GB per month of additional data for 60 days is being added temporarily to existing customers’ capped phone plans and for new customers who activate capped phone plans prior to April 26.1 New customers activating capped phone plans after April 26 will temporarily receive an extra 10 GB of additional data for 30 days.

Customers with an Unlimited Plus plan with Mobile Hotspot data and new customers who activate on the Unlimited Plus plan prior to April 26 will temporarily receive 10GB of additional Mobile Hotspot per month for 60 days. New customers who activate after April 26 will temporarily receive an additional 10GB of data for 30 days.
    I think this is the first time AT&T Prepaid and Cricket have offered the same plan at the same price...I wonder if the Cricket one will be capped at 8Mbps or if it's really the exact same thing.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    ATT responded very quickly here to Magenta. It was smart of them given how much attention the new Connect plans have been given along with an estimated huge drop in sales for the quarter

I’m waiting to see if Verizon follows suit.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    The AT&T Prepaid $15/2GB plan does not have rollover data.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5, LG G3
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomgup View Post
    Does the $15 plan qualify for either a multi line or an autopay discount?

Feedback Score
    CORRECTION

The AT&T Prepaid $15/2GB plan has rollover data. I incorrectly said in my earlier post in this thread that it does not have rollover data. That incorrect post was based on an incorrect description of the plan in the OLAM. That description of the plan in the OLAM has since been corrected by AT&T.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CheapCharlie View Post
    Does the $15 plan qualify for either a multi line or an autopay discount?
    For whatever it's worth (see my last post), ATT says the following in its description of the plan in the OLAM: "Plan is not eligible for AutoPay discount."

I have no info to contribute regarding multi-line.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    It looks like AT&T has decided to respond to T-Mobile's Connect plans under the current circumstances:

https://about.att.com/newsroom/2020/...t_prepaid.html

I think this is the first time AT&T Prepaid and Cricket have offered the same plan at the same price...I wonder if the Cricket one will be capped at 8Mbps or if it's really the exact same thing.
    I'm not seeing details or a signup link for the $15/mo 2GB plan at www.att.com/prepaid. Am I just missing it? Is there a direct link to that plan?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    CORRECTION

The AT&T Prepaid $15/2GB plan has rollover data. I incorrectly said in my earlier post in this thread that it does not have rollover data. That incorrect post was based on an incorrect description of the plan in the OLAM. That description of the plan in the OLAM has since been corrected by AT&T.
    Makes this quite a bit better than the T-Mobile plan, especially if AT&T works as good or better than T-Mo's network - which I imagine is the case for most folks. I don't have a need for this plan yet but may activate a line on it before it ends just to lock it in as I'm sure it won't last long.
    Castrol EDGE 0W-20 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 11 eSIM
    Secondary: TracFones: iPhone 11 dual-SIM [AT&T] & iPhone XS [Verizon]
    Mobile Broadband: ZTE Z917 LTE hotspot (5GB for $10) + iPad Mini 4 w/ T-Mobile LTE

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLand_BoY View Post
    Makes this quite a bit better than the T-Mobile plan, especially if AT&T works as good or better than T-Mo's network - which I imagine is the case for most folks. I don't have a need for this plan yet but may activate a line on it before it ends just to lock it in as I'm sure it won't last long.
    Yeah I was about to get a line with T-Mobile but I like the att offer much better so I’ll go with the att one

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    iPhone Xr
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Need a link. It is not on their prepaid website.

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jdc View Post
    The $15 plan doesn't seem to be live yet. Today is supposed to be the first day, so try again later.
    The announcement is at https://about.att.com/newsroom/2020/...t_prepaid.html
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jdc View Post
    It is now in the portal, while login required. But it's also interesting that they haven't advertised it in their social media accounts.

Device(s)
    Iphone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I just spoke to their rep on their website through chat. They are working on making it active and should be on in a few hours.

Feedback Score
    Got my 10gb added to my prepaid $50.00 plan/$40.00 with autopay. Now I get 10gb corona virus, 17gb standard monthly data, plus 16gb bonus data for a total of 33gb for $40.00 Great deal. Thanks, ATT.

Ian B

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S, Moto e, Lumia 635, Moto G 2nd
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone x3, PPCx2, TMo2Go, TracfoneX3, H20, Tello
    Feedback Score
    Rollover data is just a gimmick that under at&t rules of how it is applied, makes it less useful or completely useless in some cases anyway. I don't care in my case.

By making people use first the allotted monthly data before going into whatever you rolled over, and combining that with the 30-day expiration rule for any rolled over data, makes sure that nobody can use that feature back-to-back ever.

Is this plan available for only a limited time? If not, I wonder what they plan to do with the $35/1GB plan.
    Edit: Ok, I read about the "limited time offer". So what happens after that? anyone knows?

I would switch even if I lose any autopay discount. (Cheaper than $30 -with discount- anyway)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast