Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: New 2GB Plan, More Data and/or Hotspot Temporarily Included with Some Plans

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E6, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    When I had the 25GB (17+8) from Walmart it came out of the 17 GB first.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude View Post
    When I had the 25GB (17+8) from Walmart it came out of the 17 GB first.
    Yeah, apparently ATT uses bonus data (the 17GB Walmart bonus, the 10GB corona bonus, etc.) before it uses other types of data.

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    They are still charging $5 for a sim card on this plan. The Tmobile sim is free.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomgup View Post
    Yeah, apparently ATT uses bonus data (the 17GB Walmart bonus, the 10GB corona bonus, etc.) before it uses other types of data.
    Yes, it’s the same for me too. But my 17GB promotion data expires first (Expires on Apr 22, 2020) while my 10GB COVID-19 promotion data expires later (Expires on Apr 26, 2020).

Maybe AT&T uses the promotion data that expires first?
    Koodo: Unlimited Canada Talk, World Text, 8+9 GB Data
    AT&T: Unlimited talk & text in and between the U.S., Canada, & Mexico, 8+17 GB data

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E6, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by southchatham View Post
    They are still charging $5 for a sim card on this plan. The Tmobile sim is free.
    I by passed the $5 sim card and went to the online activation page. I used an H2O sim card to activate this plan. Will add money after the 3rd next month. If you have Tracfone/AT&T sim cards you can use those also. That comes in handy if your phones are unlocked or even if you have compatible AT&T Tracfone's.

Feedback Score
    does this plan, or any at&t prepaid plan have wi-fi calling? I looked on the plan details page and there wasn't mention of it that I could see.

Feedback Score
    Yes. My unlocked Pixel 3a XL and AT&T branded Galaxy S7 edge all had Wi-Fi calling while I was on AT&T prepaid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qt0 View Post
    does this plan, or any at&t prepaid plan have wi-fi calling? I looked on the plan details page and there wasn't mention of it that I could see.
    Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Hi, to all, I would like to activate this plan. But my question is if I activate it today how many days I have to port in my number and how many days I have to add money. Thanks with any info.

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude View Post
    I by passed the $5 sim card and went to the online activation page. I used an H2O sim card to activate this plan. Will add money after the 3rd next month. If you have Tracfone/AT&T sim cards you can use those also. That comes in handy if your phones are unlocked or even if you have compatible AT&T Tracfone's.
    I do have a ATT Tracfone sim card. That's good to know.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rubiconjp View Post
    Yes. My unlocked Pixel 3a XL and AT&T branded Galaxy S7 edge all had Wi-Fi calling while I was on AT&T prepaid.
    Oh I'm in luck then. I have a 3a

Device(s)
    HTC Evo/Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone know if the referral code below applies?

https://www.att.com/att/referafriend...NAT10600aff12A

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+, Nokia 6, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone and H2O
    Feedback Score
    https://www.att.com/buy/wireless/pre...lanlegal/modal

Plan Details ‒ $15 a month

Talk: Includes unlimited calling in the U.S.

Messaging: Includes unlimited text, picture, and video messaging within the U.S. and from the U.S. to Mexico, Canada and more than 100 countries. See countries at att.com/prepaidintltext.

Data: Includes 2GB high speed data. After high-speed data is used; speeds are reduced to maximum of 128Kbps for the rest of 30-day term. If 2GB data allowance is depleted, a Data Add-On is available for an additional charge (1GB for $10) and is good for 30 days.

Mobile hotspot: Use is allowed.

Rollover Data®: Unused high-speed data from your plan rounds up to the nearest megabyte (MB) and carries over for one 30-day renewal when your plan renews on time. Unused Rollover Data automatically expires after one renewal period, or with any plan change (such as changing data amounts, cancellation, or balance expiration). Rollover Data is used after your monthly high-speed plan allowance or any Data Add-On.

Video Streaming: Includes Stream Saver feature which allows you to stream higher definition video in Standard Definition on compatible devices (unless video provider has opted out). AT&T will activate the feature for you. Stream Saver will not recognize all video content. Ability to stream and video resolution may vary and be affected by other factors. If two or more tethered devices are watching video from the same source at the same time, we may identify it as a single video and slow the speeds collectively to a max of 1.5 Mbps, which may impair your ability to watch video on these tethered devices. You can pause video on all but one of the tethered devices, watch video from different sources, or turn of Stream Saver to resolve the issue. You can turn it off or back on at any time at att.com/myatt or call 611. Restrictions apply. Details at att.com/streamsaver. HD VIDEO: You can turn Stream Saver off at any time to enjoy access to High Definition video on compatible devices, if and when available.

HD Voice: Where available and with compatible device. See att.com/hdvoice for details.

Wi-Fi Calling: Requires compatible device and active Wi-Fi connection. See att.com/wificalling for details.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    In case anyone wanted to know: When I bought the SIM ($4.99) and the prepaid card online ($15.00) they only charged me tax on the SIM and it came out to $0.39

I’m in SoCal.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    Similar happened with mine. When I ordered through att I paid $15 plus the $5 sim plus tax. When I got the sim the receipt only showed the sim fee plus small tax. I looked at my card and they only charged the sim fee and not the $15 (original charge was $20 and some change) so I had to add the 15 for the month but so far it's working well.

My tmobile sim should be here tomorrow so looking forward to that one also.

2 lines for $30 with data I can't beat. Hope the plans stick around for a while before they go up in price
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    In case anyone wanted to know: When I bought the SIM ($4.99) and the prepaid card online ($15.00) they only charged me tax on the SIM and it came out to $0.39

I’m in SoCal.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    310-150
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thematch View Post
    Does anyone know if the referral code below applies?
    Not sure—I didn't know AT&T was doing this for Prepaid, as this looks a lot like the Cricket referral process, but if I bite on it for a second line (probably next week), I'll give it a try and we can report back here.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast