Thread: No mobile data (Moto g7)

Device(s)
    LG Optima Fuel
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score

No mobile data (Moto g7)

I'm finishing my customizations to a new Moto G7 to replace my old EDC phone and it's showing there is no mobile data. It works as a telephone and for SMS, and data over my home network is okay. And since PPC has done away with online support chats, I'd sooner have a tax audit than have to deal with them, so I'd thought I'd ask here. What settings are you using to enable mobile data?

I'm wondering if this might be because Verizon is ditching CDMA?
    Murphy was an optimist

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TnSlim View Post
    I'm finishing my customizations to a new Moto G7 to replace my old EDC phone and it's showing there is no mobile data. It works as a telephone and for SMS, and data over my home network is okay. And since PPC has done away with online support chats, I'd sooner have a tax audit than have to deal with them, so I'd thought I'd ask here. What settings are you using to enable mobile data?

I'm wondering if this might be because Verizon is ditching CDMA?
    PPC hasn't eliminated online chat. Unfortunately, they've made it more difficult to find.

Go to pagepluscellular.com. Hover your mouse over Activate. Click Activate when it pops up. On the page that opens, click the floating CLICK TO CHAT NOW link that appears.

The Moto G7 will work fine for LTE data on PPC, if everything is set up correctly.

Device(s)
    LG Optima Fuel
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Thank you for that, Boz1, I have been sorely needing that.

I had to wait in chat queue for a bit and while I was waiting I realized I hadn't tried resetting all WiFi Bluetooth and mobile settings to the defaults. Before the PPC agent came on I tried that and it immediately showed LTE connectivity.

The classic ID10T error.

Feedback Score
    It's great to hear that you got it working!

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    The classic ID10T error.
    No worse than a PSTC (Phone Smarter Than Customer) error.

As Boz1 mentioned, glad that you got it working.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    LG Optima Fuel
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I'm supposed to be IT-literate and it galls me when I haven't exhausted all my own troubleshooting resources before I contact CS.

Part of my problem is I still think of a phone as a phone and I still use a PC for all my PC stuff (almost all anyway). So I refuse to RTFM (all phones are the same, right?). Which makes my ramp-up very slow whenever I change phones, especially to a new brand, which means a new take on the Android GUI. And worst of all, my phone has to be rooted and yadda yadda yadda, so not only am I willfully ignorant, I'm sailing in uncharted waters. A dangerous combination. I'm surprised I haven't killed (or at least maimed) myself yet.

Feedback Score
    I had to wait in chat queue for a bit and while I was waiting I realized I hadn't tried resetting all WiFi Bluetooth and mobile settings to the defaults. Before the PPC agent came on I tried that and it immediately showed LTE connectivity.
    Make sure that "Enhanced 4G LTE Mode" is turned on, so you can make HD Voice (VoLTE) calls. Only works with others who have service on Verizon. With VoLTE, the LTE symbol will stay on in the Status Bar during a call.

Moto phones are pretty much pure Android compared to other manufacturers who customize the interfaces. It also varies with different Android versions. Took me a while to figure out where to find things in the Settings menus when my G5 Plus updated from Nougat to Oreo.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    With VoLTE, the LTE symbol will stay on in the Status Bar during a call.
    Not on all phones. I have an E4. Good clear VoLTE. HD shows on the dialer when in a compatible call. But I never have LTE showing in the status bar. Only time I see LTE on the status bar is when data is on. Unless you mean LTE shows if you do have data on and are making a call at the same time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Not on all phones. I have an E4. Good clear VoLTE. HD shows on the dialer when in a compatible call. But I never have LTE showing in the status bar. Only time I see LTE on the status bar is when data is on. Unless you mean LTE shows if you do have data on and are making a call at the same time.
    I stand corrected. You do need data on to see the LTE symbol. VoLTE doesn't care.