Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nokia 4X capacity increase for Sprint/T-Mobile B41 with Massive MINO

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Experts think CBRS auction #105 to be a band-aid in this article and the C-Band Auction #106 to be the real bidding war for 5G. Either way expect more deep pockets bidders other than Verizon is going after both. Companies like Comcast and Charter are showing interest in CBRS to off load their Verizon MVMO customers. SpaceX and Amazon are talking about satellites WISP don’t count Verizon as the top bidder in either auction. Then again T-Mobile can bid as much as Verizon or at least make Verizon and AT&T overpay to win. Read this article in the link.

To put the upcoming US CBRS auction of 70MHz in perspective, the ongoing 3.5GHz auction in Taiwan is offering a whopping 270MHz worth of spectrum. And the big C-Band auction of midband spectrum that the FCC is currently hoping to auction at the end of this year could release up to 280MHz of spectrum. That's why some analysts expect the C-Band auction in the US to fetch up to $50 billion in total bids, while the CBRS auction may only fetch $4 billion in bids.

https://www.lightreading.com/mobile/.../d/d-id/756761
    40 MHz is 40 MHz and is better than zero and even T-Mobile is only going to use 60 MHz of band 41 to start. Quit hating. And sorry but Verizon will most certainly buy up the legally allowed 40 MHZ nationwide with at&t getting the other 30 MHz. Anyone else thinking they will get any is dreaming. And no way the C-Band auction gets anywhere close to $50 bil if T-Mobile and others get their way and limit Verizon and at&t to 100 MHz each. You would leave out the 2 biggest spenders for the remaining 80 MHz which would depress bidding.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB Midnight Green
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Understand since Band 41 would take ten or more towers to cover the same physical number of customers as one 600 MHz tower in a rural area at least on flat land. Correct me if I’m wrong but the tower equipment doesn’t cost much more to add B41 plus other Spectrum to those B71 towers to augment additional bandwidth to prevent over saturation. Won’t that help band 71 reach out in the outer zones to provide more rural coverage? Granted if the B41 doesn’t make it to some of the outer customers it improves the bandwidth for B71 to those more distance customers.

The new T-Mobile will use Bands 2, 4, 5 ( Myrtle Beach), 7 ( FDD 2.5 GHz ), 12, 25, 41, 46 (LAA), 48 (CBRS), 66 and 71. If they can make a tiny Mobil phone that can cover all those bands then why can’t ever tower broadcast any combination of some of those extra bands for Carrier Argration?

I read articles all the time that talks about a Layered Spectrum combination of Low, Mid, High and Extremely High ( mmWave) as the future.
    Where have you heard T-Mobile plans to deploy Band 7?

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Chicago, IL
    2+46+46+46+4 (85 MHz DL, 15 MHz UL)

Duluth, MN
    4+14 UL CA (30 MHz DL/UL)

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    Where have you heard T-Mobile plans to deploy Band 7?

It was a article that I am still searching for but it was just speculation that Band 7 has greater distance than Band 41 due to TDD limitations. A lot of this was based on this article about 60 MHz of unused 2.5 GHz that T-Mobile would have access to just after merger. https://www.fiercewireless.com/opera...-network-crown

Maybe you would know, would Band 7 integrate better with other FDD T-Mobile bands in 5G with DSS or will TDD be just as easy to integrate with 5G with DSS and Carrier Aggregation? Based on my past knowledge from Computers using Synchronous and Asynchronous communication the clock and no clock are much harder to synchronize.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB Midnight Green
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    It was a article that I am still searching for but it was just speculation that Band 7 has greater distance than Band 41 due to TDD limitations. A lot of this was based on this article about 60 MHz of unused 2.5 GHz that T-Mobile would have access to just after merger. https://www.fiercewireless.com/opera...-network-crown

Maybe you would know, would Band 7 integrate better with other FDD T-Mobile bands in 5G with DSS or will TDD be just as easy to integrate with 5G with DSS and Carrier Aggregation? Based on my past knowledge from Computers using Synchronous and Asynchronous communication the clock and no clock are much harder to synchronize.
    In the world of 5G, TDD is preferred. Also, just because that spectrum is sitting unused does not mean it’s capable of being deployed as FDD. In order to do that, there has to be a perfect setup in the band between uplink and downlink which could cause issues with contiguous 5G channels. The serious efficiency gains of 5G become apparent when the channel is wider. I highly doubt T-Mobile will opt for Band 7 at all.

Here is the Canadian band plan:

If T-Mobile opts to deploy Band 7 on any of the channels A thru G, it will break contiguity for a wider TDD 5G NR channel. I don’t think they would be able to either, looking at the US band plan:

If you’ve ever taken a look at Sprint’s licenses, they’re very broke up for some reason. I think personally T-Mobile will clean up the 2.5 GHz auction and leave AT&T and Verizon to C-Band and CBRS. They’d rather pay less for 160+ MHz of 2.5 GHz spectrum than try and fight the duopoly for 280 MHz— of which you can be sure Verizon will be going for AT LEAST half.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    So admitting that 5G for rural people will suck since no band 41 or mmwave. Even though T-Mobile has licenses for both and there are these thigns called buildout requirements
    I believe nr71 is the main band T-Mobile will use to get 5G coverage to rural areas.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    In the world of 5G, TDD is preferred. Also, just because that spectrum is sitting unused does not mean it’s capable of being deployed as FDD. In order to do that, there has to be a perfect setup in the band between uplink and downlink which could cause issues with contiguous 5G channels. The serious efficiency gains of 5G become apparent when the channel is wider. I highly doubt T-Mobile will opt for Band 7 at all.

Here is the Canadian band plan:

If T-Mobile opts to deploy Band 7 on any of the channels A thru G, it will break contiguity for a wider TDD 5G NR channel. I don’t think they would be able to either, looking at the US band plan:

If you’ve ever taken a look at Sprint’s licenses, they’re very broke up for some reason. I think personally T-Mobile will clean up the 2.5 GHz auction and leave AT&T and Verizon to C-Band and CBRS. They’d rather pay less for 160+ MHz of 2.5 GHz spectrum than try and fight the duopoly for 280 MHz— of which you can be sure Verizon will be going for AT LEAST half.

Good information. Thanks it makes sense what you say. Since Canada uses Band 7 is that going to cause interference with T-Mobile band 41 in boarder area’s.

T-Mobile will definitely bid in both the CBRS and C-Band since they want to go into the WISP business. Plus T-Mobile would love to run up the cost for both AT&T and Verizon. T-Mobile has committed to spend $40 Billion upgrading their network. First day of the CBRS if I was President of T-Mobile is bid $2 Billion for 40 MHz of CBRS and just run up the cost even if they don’t get any in the end. Still think some new players outside the top 3 networks are going to be the real winner in both Auction #105 and #106.

Device(s)
    IPHONE 11
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Nokia 4X capacity increase for Sprint/T-Mobile B41 with Massive MINO

Good information. Thanks it makes sense what you say. Since Canada uses Band 7 is that going to cause interference with T-Mobile band 41 in boarder area’s.

T-Mobile will definitely bid in both the CBRS and C-Band since they want to go into the WISP business. Plus T-Mobile would love to run up the cost for both AT&T and Verizon. T-Mobile has committed to spend $40 Billion upgrading their network. First day of the CBRS if I was President of T-Mobile is bid $2 Billion for 40 MHz of CBRS and just run up the cost even if they don’t get any in the end. Still think some new players outside the top 3 networks are going to be the real winner in both Auction #105 and #106.
    Will T-Mobile be launching a nationwide wisp network? Would love to drop my current internet provider.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    I believe nr71 is the main band T-Mobile will use to get 5G coverage to rural areas.
    Maybe it’s just me but I see with T-Mobile have more Sub-3 GHz spectrum than both AT&T and Verizon combined. I think that T-Mobile is going after the cable companies ISP customers with WISP. AT&T is already a home wireline ISP. Providing Internet Service is far more profitable than Mobil plus T-Mobile doesn’t have any requirements from the FCC to keep prices fixed for 3 years on WISP.

There is a limit cap in Mobile phones market but the wireline ISP market is easy gold revenue. T-Mobile will break out of the mobile phone service with all that spectrum and make more money than they would make as just a mobile phone network.
    Last edited by shilohcane; 03-27-2020 at 03:52 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Buttler View Post
    Will T-Mobile be launching a nationwide wisp network? Would love to drop my current internet provider.
    Their original announcement was they would offer home internet to two-thirds of the population with a target to be the fourth-largest ISP in the country by 2024:

"If regulators approve their merger proposal, Sprint and T-Mobile promise to offer in-home internet services to roughly 9.5 million American households by 2024, or about 13% of the country. The company said that figure would give it a market penetration of around 7%, making it the nation’s fourth largest in-home ISP based on current subscriber counts. "

"The combined company’s 5G network will deliver mobile broadband speeds in excess of 100 Mbps to roughly two-thirds of the population in just a few years and 90% of the country by 2024. This is a mobile connection so fast, millions will be able to cut the cord with Comcast, Charter and the rest. We’ll offer both in-home broadband services and mobile broadband, so customers can pocket the savings from eliminating that pricey wired in-home broadband bill every month if they choose. "

https://www.fiercewireless.com/wirel...h-largest-home

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Buttler View Post
    By contract with the educational institutions who actually own some of the band-41 licenses, T-Mobile will be required to continue to offer unlimited, uncapped, wireless ISP service to low-income people and non-profit organizations.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax/Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA, Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    come to my area and try to use your Sprint service
    Thus why I said "rare"

Also I mean since you don't post your location info I assume you're so far out it's probably somewhere id never ever have a reason to be
    Verizon: Grandfathered UDP
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT&T: Premium & More w/ Free 100Mbps VDSL2 "for life"

Feedback Score

Nokia 4X capacity increase for Sprint/T-Mobile B41 with Massive MINO

There’s no sure thing that T-Mobile will be bidding in any of the upcoming auctions. Also there are no rules as to how much spectrum a particular carrier can win. The sky is the limit. The new T-Mobile will have 325 MHz on average nationwide , that’s plenty and their focus should be putting their capex into deploying it on a massive scale

Device(s)
    IPHONE 11
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Their original announcement was they would offer home internet to two-thirds of the population with a target to be the fourth-largest ISP in the country by 2024:

"If regulators approve their merger proposal, Sprint and T-Mobile promise to offer in-home internet services to roughly 9.5 million American households by 2024, or about 13% of the country. The company said that figure would give it a market penetration of around 7%, making it the nation’s fourth largest in-home ISP based on current subscriber counts. "

"The combined company’s 5G network will deliver mobile broadband speeds in excess of 100 Mbps to roughly two-thirds of the population in just a few years and 90% of the country by 2024. This is a mobile connection so fast, millions will be able to cut the cord with Comcast, Charter and the rest. We’ll offer both in-home broadband services and mobile broadband, so customers can pocket the savings from eliminating that pricey wired in-home broadband bill every month if they choose. "

https://www.fiercewireless.com/wirel...h-largest-home
    Thank you jet. Awesome info. It will be nice to see the cable companies get some serious competition finally.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    ...... The new T-Mobile will have 325 MHz on average nationwide , that’s plenty and their focus should be putting their capex into deploying it on a massive scale
    They should participate, just to keep everyone honest, but I agree: they need to be working (spending their money) on network integration and expansion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2