Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: After the merger T-Mobile has more Low & Mid band that AT&T & VZ combined

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Looks like your main reason for being here is to start stuff with people

You are new and already getting a bad reputation so maybe some lighter more friendly posts are in order

Quote Originally Posted by T-Buttler View Post
    Really is that so? Searching a little here and I see you’re not all that popular in other forums. Just one of many of your pro T-Mobile posts. Check it out.

RootMetrics Scam: Everyone is Now Deprioritized Except Postpaid "Premium Data"
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app
    Checking other posts it does not look like you are all that popular in att forum either.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    LOL it really going to hurt you when T-Mobile has 325.5 MHz that is delivering both 5G and LTE on the same spectrum with DSS.
    They don't have 325 MHz everywhere. Also with DSS it doesn't magically double the spectrum. What doesn't get used for 5G will be used for 4G and vise versa. The only way all of it will be used for 4G is if NONE of it is being used for 5G. Also T-Mobile really doesn't plan on using DSS anyway. They have said as much.

As Verizon mmWave with 5G is just about as useful as two tin cans and 100 feet of string between them. But don’t worry Verizon will get a lot better with all the extra bandwidth as Verizon hemorrhages customers to the New T-Mobile.
    Why do you continually ignore the fact that Verizon will use using low and midband for 5G also? See you'd be taken more seriously if you'd quit ignoring facts and preassigned falsehoods. Even other people that lean pro-T-Mobile are getting tired of your shtick.

Also you seem to think I'm a Verizon fanboy. If T-Mobile service in my area gets as good or better than Verizon and they continue to be cheaper I have no issues switching carriers. Because I make decisions based on logic and reason No out of some fandom. I seriously doubt if Verizon every did have better plans at cheaper prices you still would stick with T-Mobile. Seriously I am truly wonder what is your obsession with T-Mobile that you defend it to the death.

It's weird because I know you've read my many many posts DEFENDING the merger. If I'm so pro-Verizon why would I want T-Mobile and Sprint to merge? I've clearly stated my reason for wanting the merger was so that T-Mobile would actually be a legit threat to at&t and Verizon and force them to offer better plans at better prices. yet somehow you take even the slightest criticism of T-Mobile as an attack that must be defended against no matter what even if the facts aren't on your side. I don't get people with blind loyalty. That attitude is EXACTLY what let's companies get away with stuff.

If Verizon's way of doing business causes them to bleed customers then if they want to continue to exist they will change. You seem to think that everyone else will remain static no matter what.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    They don't have 325 MHz everywhere. Also with DSS it doesn't magically double the spectrum. What doesn't get used for 5G will be used for 4G and vise versa. The only way all of it will be used for 4G is if NONE of it is being used for 5G. Also T-Mobile really doesn't plan on using DSS anyway. They have said as much.
    Proof with a link that T-Mobile doesn’t plan on using DSS. Obviously you are just making up stuff again. I really don’t even think you have a clue what DSS does. Nokia hasn’t finished their version of DSS but Ericsson has tested it with DT the parent company of T-MOBILE. T-Mobile is going to deploy DSS.

Why do you continually ignore the fact that Verizon will use using low and midband for 5G also? See you'd be taken more seriously if you'd quit ignoring facts and preassigned falsehoods. Even other people that lean pro-T-Mobile are getting tired of your shtick.
    Well since you don’t know anything about T-Mobile or have T-Mobile service, why don’t you go educate the people on Verizon board about some day far in the future when Verizon actually has some 5G that has a better than 6% chance to connect with. Then again that is as long as they are standing under Verizon mmWave transmitter. Maybe you could educate the Verizon customers if their phones has 5G they have a better chance of getting 5G service on T-Mobile than on Verizon. As soon as the Sprint deal closes the New T-Mobile 5G will be mush faster years before Verizon has a usable national 5G network.

Also you seem to think I'm a Verizon fanboy. If T-Mobile service in my area gets as good or better than Verizon and they continue to be cheaper I have no issues switching carriers. Because I make decisions based on logic and reason No out of some fandom. I seriously doubt if Verizon every did have better plans at cheaper prices you still would stick with T-Mobile. Seriously I am truly wonder what is your obsession with T-Mobile that you defend it to the death.
    Stop putting words in my mouth. T-Mobile works better than my two friends that have Verizon where I live, work or play. Fact is my Verizon friend lost a speed test bet to me on T-Mobile by 100 Mbps less with Verizon using Speedtest. T-Mobile is great where I live, work and play. Why would I want to pay more for Verizon that doesn’t even have 5G coverage in my area and may take Verizon a few more years to get 5G since Verizon is so far behind. As soon as T-Mobile gets that extra low & Mid Band Spectrum deployed that is larger than both AT&T and Verizon combined, T-Mobile it’s going to have a robust deep bandwidth nationwide 5G.
    Last edited by shilohcane; 03-29-2020 at 10:47 AM.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I don't want to get embroiled in a p*ssing match but everything I've read says that DSS is not some sort of EM magic (like OAM, which works only experimentally). DSS does not give you something for nothing. In FDD spectrum, it's just a way of automatically partitioning the spectrum between 4G & 5G. The same thing that can be done manually. It's just automatic. In TDD applications, it's a complex way of hiding 5G information in a 4G broadcast frame, tricking the 4G system into hosting a 5G signal. Again, not getting something for nothing. There are technical issues.

As Neville Ray said recently “We’re seeing as we learn more, that as you deploy DSS it kind of eats away on the net capacity of the shared radio...If you rush into that now, some of the early rollouts and work arounds…that we’ve seen are pretty corrosive and would suck up capacity just by rolling out the feature.” So DSS is not developing the way that the promoters had hoped it would.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone X🅂, Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

After the merger T-Mobile has more Low & Mid band that AT&T & VZ combined

Quote Originally Posted by T-Buttler View Post
    Omg you ain’t kidding. The thing that gets me is all these non-T-Mobile subscribers come in to this forum to accuse all of us to be fanboys. Then they proceed and disparage T-Mobiles service. Shilohcane has been awesome to me and yet they continue to give him/her a hard time about it.
    I recall being called a T-Mobile hater and critic MULTIPLE times over and over by an account on this thread. I’ve even been told that I don’t have T-Mobile service and should stop posting my experience with them, since I live in “BFE.”

First, I have active T-Mobile service, and use it on my S20+ 5G. Are they my main carrier? No, because they aren’t reliable enough where I live. When I say something doesn’t work, I’m not going to play it down and pretend it works—that’s false reporting. Don’t live in “BFE” either. Try a metro with 1.5M people.

Just because something works well in the state of Florida doesn’t mean it works well anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    I don't want to get embroiled in a p*ssing match but everything I've read says that DSS is not some sort of EM magic (like OAM, which works only experimentally). DSS does not give you something for nothing. In FDD spectrum, it's just a way of automatically partitioning the spectrum between 4G & 5G. The same thing that can be done manually. It's just automatic. In TDD applications, it's a complex way of hiding 5G information in a 4G broadcast frame, tricking the 4G system into hosting a 5G signal. Again, not getting something for nothing. There are technical issues.

As Neville Ray said recently “We’re seeing as we learn more, that as you deploy DSS it kind of eats away on the net capacity of the shared radio...If you rush into that now, some of the early rollouts and work arounds…that we’ve seen are pretty corrosive and would suck up capacity just by rolling out the feature.” So DSS is not developing the way that the promoters had hoped it would.
    Thank you for noting this. I anticipate we’ll see DSS develop with higher efficiency as time goes on. In the meantime, Radio/RRH power seems to be the biggest issue, as that will mean cutting coverage in some places where it’s active.
    - Bentley

AT&T 5G+, Oklahoma City

Device(s)
    IPHONE 11
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

After the merger T-Mobile has more Low & Mid band that AT&T & VZ combined

Proof with a link that T-Mobile doesn’t plan on using DSS. Obviously you are just making up stuff again. I really don’t even think you have a clue what DSS does. Nokia hasn’t finished their version of DSS but Ericsson has tested it with DT the parent company of T-MOBILE. T-Mobile is going to deploy DSS.

Well since you don’t know anything about T-Mobile or have T-Mobile service, why don’t you go educate the people on Verizon board about some day far in the future when Verizon actually has some 5G that has a better than 6% chance to connect with. Then again that is as long as they are standing under Verizon mmWave transmitter. Maybe you could educate the Verizon customers if their phones has 5G they have a better chance of getting 5G service on T-Mobile than on Verizon. As soon as the Sprint deal closes the New T-Mobile 5G will be mush faster years before Verizon has a usable national 5G network.

Stop putting words in my mouth. T-Mobile works better than my two friends that have Verizon where I live, work or play. Fact is my Verizon friend lost a speed test bet to me on T-Mobile by 100 Mbps less with Verizon using Speedtest. T-Mobile is great where I live, work and play. Why would I want to pay more for Verizon that doesn’t even have 5G coverage in my area and may take Verizon a few more years to get 5G since Verizon is so far behind. As soon as T-Mobile gets that extra low & Mid Band Spectrum deployed that is larger than both AT&T and Verizon combined, T-Mobile it’s going to have a robust deep bandwidth nationwide 5G.
    Verizon is certainly behind the curve ball with a low spectrum position. T-Mobile will indeed surpass both Att and Verizon on the 5G front. N71 deployment is proving so. Verizon’s mmwave rollout has been underwhelming to say the least. 6% connect rate is anemic. Att is not any better.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post

T-Mobile that will soon have more spectrum capacity than both AT&T and Verizon Combined also said this about DSS;

“ T-Mobile Drags Verizon Over DSS Reliance

“So, the benefit you might gain outside of saying ‘I’ve got some 5G out there,’ the capacity loss could be pretty brutal,” Ray added. “We were one of the first in the industry to drive this, so I’m not being super negative about it. I’m just saying it’s got challenges, and for Verizon, it’s a big challenge.”

Verizon has said it plans to commercially deploy DSS in the “near future” so it can make use of its full portfolio of spectrum for customers on 4G LTE and 5G. Adam Koeppe, SVP of networking planning at Verizon, previously said the operator will continue to focus on providing 5G over millimeter-wave (mmWave) spectrum, especially in dense urban areas because high speeds and other forthcoming features are only possible through the amount of capacity available in high-band spectrum.

“However, with dynamic spectrum sharing we will be able to supplement mmWave deployments and accelerate the deployment of 5G in low- and mid-band spectrum for customers,” he said in a prepared statement.

Nonetheless, Ray jumped on DSS as a competitive advantage for T-Mobile US, arguing that Verizon is “stuck today” and waiting for DSS to mature. “They don’t have the ability without DSS to really deploy [5G]. In low-band, they don’t have enough spectrum to go do it,” he said.

“DSS is not going to materially help them” Ray continued. “It’s just going to enable them to put something out there, so they can talk about 5G coverage because, let’s be honest, they have nothing on millimeter-wave [spectrum] in terms of 5G coverage. They need something, so we’ll see.” https://www.sdxcentral.com/articles/...y-hog/2020/02/
    Last edited by shilohcane; 03-29-2020 at 04:39 PM.

Feedback Score
    Verizon has said it plans to commercially deploy DSS in the “near future” so it can make use of its full portfolio of spectrum for customers on 4G LTE and 5G.
    What is this "full portfolio of spectrum" Verizon can use? They sure don't seem to have much in my area for 4G. The signal speed has been going down the last couple of years. Not that TMobile has be doing very good either. No B12 or B71 here. Acquiring B41 is not going to contribute much either in this challenging area that does not do well with mid-band. Not sure if the Sprint towers even have B41 here.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    What is this "full portfolio of spectrum" Verizon can use? They sure don't seem to have much in my area for 4G. The signal speed has been going down the last couple of years. Not that TMobile has be doing very good either. No B12 or B71 here. Acquiring B41 is not going to contribute much either in this challenging area that does not do well with mid-band. Not sure if the Sprint towers even have B41 here.
    I don’t know Verizon or California enough to comment. The reason you don’t have B71 is all the TV station that have not left the spectrum. Most of these TV stations are in Phase 9 that doesn’t require them to leave the spectrum until May 1st. However the Coronavirus could change that schedule. I looked at the FCC 387 viewers that shows the current progress in the Repack. All you have to do is hit this link and switch the market to San Francisco then hit Go to see different markets including switching the market to Sacramento. Remember to always hit Go to see the new market.

https://www.rabbitears.info/repack38...lss=&status=MR

I am not a expert but DRNewcomb knows which TV stations effect T-Mobile 600 MHz blocks. It is a lot more different now with the new B71 from Dish and others B71 spectrum holders. I see that SF still has about five channels 49, 51, 42, 43 and 45 that could limit B12 or B71. In Sacramento I could see that four Phase 9 TV stations are still using the Spectrum. Some of these’s channel # 48, 40 or 46 could still be preventing T-Mobile from deploying some of their B71 spectrum.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    .....I am not a expert but DRNewcomb knows which TV stations effect T-Mobile 600 MHz blocks......
    Unfortunately I lost my chart showing the alignment of TV channels and band-71 blocks in a disk crash. I've been trying to locate another copy but Google has not been very forthcoming.

Phase 9 has two stations in Sacramento relocating. They must effectively block band-71 deployment because there's a big 600-MHz-free zone around Sacramento.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3