Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile Connect Plans Now Live

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    Can someone please answer if Tmobile prepaid charges taxes and fees if you pay for service with refill cards. Looking to switch to Tmobile Connect plan from short lived ATT $15 2gb plan. Thanks in advance.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurojam View Post
    Can someone please answer if Tmobile prepaid charges taxes and fees if you pay for service with refill cards. Looking to switch to Tmobile Connect plan from short lived ATT $15 2gb plan. Thanks in advance.
    I haven't had any cards lately to verify recently, but in the past, for every other service with voice on T-Mobile Prepaid, it's like AT&T Prepaid—taxes/E911 if reloading account directly with credit/debit, taxes/E911 at point of sale for refill cards at retailers, no taxes/E911 when redeeming a refill card.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    I haven't had any cards lately to verify recently, but in the past, for every other service with voice on T-Mobile Prepaid, it's like AT&T Prepaid—taxes/E911 if reloading account directly with credit/debit, taxes/E911 at point of sale for refill cards at retailers, no taxes/E911 when redeeming a refill card.
    I appreciate the response. Kinda was hoping to hear this response. I only purchase refill cards online at Target which does not charge taxes or fees and I’m in PA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurojam View Post
    I appreciate the response. Kinda was hoping to hear this response. I only purchase refill cards online at Target which does not charge taxes or fees and I’m in PA.

I can chime in on this (from what I could tell) I denied buying a refill card it didn’t charge me taxes and gives a discount too. However the lowest I could get for a refill card is 40 dollars tho but that will cover a few months tho!

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    I can chime in on this (from what I could tell) I denied buying a refill card it didn’t charge me taxes and gives a discount too. However the lowest I could get for a refill card is 40 dollars tho but that will cover a few months tho!
    Thanks for sharing your experience. Glad to hear that tmobile prepaid is similar to att in this aspect.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    How has everyone's experience been with these plans? I feel like for all the discussion leading up to the launch on various sites and places, there's next to nothing once they launched.

I'm kinda tempted to go for the $25 5GB one (I know how T-Mobile is in my area), but also have been eyeballing the new 5GB Verizon prepaid plan (eventually drops to $25/month) or jumping in on Sprint Kickstart at the last possible minute.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    It’s a great no frills plan. Have a line for a family member on the $25 plan since launch and no problems. You get what’s advertised and nothing more!

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I ported my nephews lines from Mint over to these. One on the 2GB plan and the other on the 5GB.

Even when the data runs out they can still iMessage since T-Mobile whitelists some data messaging apps. Other carriers won’t do this!

“The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    I’ve not had any issues with the $15 plan other than the T-Mobile outage a while back. It’s a great value for someone who doesn’t need a lot of data.

Feedback Score
    I'm on the $30 walmart plan. I never go close to 5GB but over 2GB. It's $30 a month with a 100 min talk that they removed the limit it seems.

I believe this new plan is better. Any downsides? I personally don't see any.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    It depends on your usage.

The old Walmart 5GB plan included free music streaming and some lucky ones even had Binge On zero rated video.

The 100 minutes was always the problem for me on that plan, although I had it at least 3 different times hoping it would work out.

Minutes are counting again, not sure if it was a glitch or something T-Mobile was doing because of the pandemic, but that party seems to be over. I could even make outbound calls on a Mobile Internet line when the SIM was in a phone, but no more.

But the downside? Nothing is zero rated like on the old Walmart plan, so I would seriously take a look at what is counting and what isn’t based on your true total usage on your phone’s data counter before switching off.

You could be using many multiples of 5GB and not realizing it.

Feedback Score
    that was the wrong plan I just quoted in this message. Removing

Feedback Score
    Video streams at up to 1.5Mbps with Data Maximizer. Optimization may affect speed of video downloads; does not apply to video uploads. For best performance, leave any video streaming applications at their default automatic resolution setting. You may deactivate Data Maximizer on some plans (e.g. Simply Prepaid) to allow on-device video to stream at speeds that provide HD video capability (max 1080p). Some content providers may not stream their services in HD. HD Day Pass available for Simply Prepaid Unlimited; buy and turn on. Capable device required to experience HD resolution.
    This one area might be different from the Walmart plan. Video might not be streamed as HD.

Feedback Score
    Will probably go to this, try it out for a month. As long as my streaming audio in my car doesn't cut out I will keep it. Otherwise I will go to the $40.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    with this plan will i be able to roam on sprints network or is that for postpaid only?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast