Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: T-Mobile Connect Plans Now Live

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by flipphoneguy View Post
    Well I went to the Tmobile store only to talk with an ignorant employee who didn't think I could switch from the walmart plan to the tmbile connect plan. Said I needed the $40 or $50 ones. I walked away. Going to call tmobile only and avoid there stores.
    Quote Originally Posted by flipphoneguy View Post
    I called tmobile, the only way to go to avoid dumb people. They are sending me a sim card free.
    Will have to wait a month but then I will switch.
    I think because the plan is so new (in the grand scheme of things) and with the pandemic, training may have been kind of useless. Basically, the old Walmart plan and anything on the old system (where your phone number was your account number) needs to be migrated to the new system, gets a new SIM card in the process, but should be a able to pick any of the current plans. There's been a handful of people looking to move from those plans and also the Walmart plan to the 10GB/$40 plan and replacing the SIM/creating a new account seems to be what gets done in those cases.

Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    can i use any t-mobile sim card?
    i found this one for $3 on ebay can i use?
    also can i use the refill cards to pay for my bill...i know i can get them cheap at my target and ebay
    At quick glance, what you found on eBay should work—any brand-new, non-expired, non-activated SIM is good. You won't need an activation code like with the old prepaid system. Obviously, eBay is YMMV, so you could get it and the system could reject it. Personally, I've used the ones given out at the Apple Store in the past with no problem.

Refills work on those accounts, they just apply as a balance and you draw from them before any payment information on autopay (if you have it set up). Keep in mind that many places do charge sales tax/E911, as it's not built into the prepaid plans. Target is an excellent source for discounted ones.
    Last edited by ecs0013; 07-06-2020 at 11:59 PM.

Feedback Score
    also can i use the refill cards to pay for my bill...i know i can get them cheap at my target and ebay
    Yes, I was able to buy $30.00 refill on ebay for $20.00. No problems loading to connect plan. Net next two months @ $10 each.

Feedback Score
    now I have to decide for the $25 plan, most likely or get Magenta plus. Found out my company offers a discount. I can get Magenta plus for $40 total and I can get just one line.

Feedback Score
    So its safe to say that the tmobile prepaid plans will remain at that price for at least 5 years?

Not a bad deal and the extra data each year is nice.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daisydoo View Post
    So its safe to say that the tmobile prepaid plans will remain at that price for at least 5 years?

Not a bad deal and the extra data each year is nice.
    Yeah, even back in November when these were announced, the promise was that these prices would stick around: https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/7/2...ited-talk-text

It seems like the promise was originally a condition of the merger. Could T-Mobile go back on it? Maybe, but these really slot nicely below the $40/10GB option, and seem comparable to the Mobile Internet prepaid plans (2GB for $10, 6GB for $25). Plus, Verizon is hitting $25/5GB with their new prepaid plan if you get it and keep it long enough. The limited-time, discounted AT&T, Cricket, and Metro plans sort of muddied things since there were a lot of $15/2GB plans that went away in a short amount of time.

In five years, I suspect they'd grandfather these if they went away, but it may also be that for just a little more money ($35-$40), you'd get a lot more data so the market would take care of these being considered obsolete. For what it's worth, I looked at what T-Mobile was offering in June 2015 to see how much things have advanced in 5 years (and because my memory was crap from when I had T-Mobile back then):

Also, the $30/5GB Walmart plan (which seemed strangely large in comparison to everything else), $3/month paygo plan, and prepaid 200MB Free Data for Life on tablets all still existed. :'(
    Last edited by ecs0013; 07-08-2020 at 05:35 PM.

Feedback Score
    I am trying to decide between the $15 and $25 plan. For those that made the switch, do the connect plus plans include binge on?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hfjudge View Post
    I am trying to decide between the $15 and $25 plan. For those that made the switch, do the connect plus plans include binge on?
    No Binge On, everything counts. You could always start with one and upgrade/downgrade to the other.

Feedback Score
    Thks ecs0013!

Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    No Binge On, everything counts. You could always start with one and upgrade/downgrade to the other.

Feedback Score
    Is it possible to get a free SIM card when signing up for the $15 T-Mobile Connect plan?

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax, OnePlus 8 5G
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomgup View Post
    Is it possible to get a free SIM card when signing up for the $15 T-Mobile Connect plan?
    Nope. You can buy them from eBay for a few bucks though and use that when activating if you can wait a few days.
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT$T: $50 Unlimited Elite Prepaid promo (for more “rural” areas)

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    I think because the plan is so new (in the grand scheme of things) and with the pandemic, training may have been kind of useless. Basically, the old Walmart plan and anything on the old system (where your phone number was your account number) needs to be migrated to the new system, gets a new SIM card in the process, but should be a able to pick any of the current plans. There's been a handful of people looking to move from those plans and also the Walmart plan to the 10GB/$40 plan and replacing the SIM/creating a new account seems to be what gets done in those cases.

At quick glance, what you found on eBay should work—any brand-new, non-expired, non-activated SIM is good. You won't need an activation code like with the old prepaid system. Obviously, eBay is YMMV, so you could get it and the system could reject it. Personally, I've used the ones given out at the Apple Store in the past with no problem.

Refills work on those accounts, they just apply as a balance and you draw from them before any payment information on autopay (if you have it set up). Keep in mind that many places do charge sales tax/E911, as it's not built into the prepaid plans. Target is an excellent source for discounted ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by paaz View Post
    Yes, I was able to buy $30.00 refill on ebay for $20.00. No problems loading to connect plan. Net next two months @ $10 each.

so theres no tax if u pay with refill cards?

also after ur 1GB is gone u still able to send MMS?

Feedback Score
    so theres no tax if u pay with refill cards?

also after ur 1GB is gone u still able to send MMS?
    The idea is that with refill cards, you pay the tax when buying the card, but some retailers don't charge it.

Did you mean if 2GB or 5GB is gone instead? No idea if MMS works after that, but maybe someone else can comment.

Feedback Score
    Anyone try to change to this from the $3/month plan. I called and tried to change my sons plan and was told we lose the $63 on his account because his plan is on the old system and the Connect plan was on the new system he was pretty insistent on, so I just hung up. To me this is bs because both plans are prepaid plans. Anyone do this and keep the money they had on their account?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4