Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile Connect (prepaid plan) Starts March 25th

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    What offer are you talking about?
    15 dollar talk, text and data plan..fine print says good for 60 days..Metro by T-Mobile

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulD63 View Post
    15 dollar talk, text and data plan..fine print says good for 60 days..Metro by T-Mobile
    Ah...see...just a few more words makes it clear!

But the T-Mobile plan will last at least 3 years, or 5 years in CA. It's a decent plan, although lacking both unlimited slow data after the LTE allowance and Music Freedom.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    The offer means nothing...its only good for 60 days

T-Mobile historically has never forced anyone out of their grandfathered plans.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    So it seems you guys that use the $10 2gb plan do not depend on it for voice. That is my concern. I dont want to grab the wrong phone, and then get stuck out somewhere unable to make calls because the data signal is really poor.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clocks11 View Post
    So it seems you guys that use the $10 2gb plan do not depend on it for voice. That is my concern. I dont want to grab the wrong phone, and then get stuck out somewhere unable to make calls because the data signal is really poor.
    I do. I haven't had a real phone # since March, 2017, and have used data only in my cell phones ever since with Google Voice + Hangouts, first primarily with free FreedomPop AT&T LTE SIMs, with a $10/2GB LTE T-Mobile data only SIM as backup and for use when in Canada, and now with the T-Mobile SIM as primary, and an annual prepaid 1GB/mo FreedomPop AT&T LTE SIM in a hotspot to supplement it. I have used the T-Mobile SIM when it was throttled to 128Kbps, and Google Voice + Hangouts still worked fine.

The quality of the data signal will vary based on location, and the capability of the phone you're using. Do you have recent experience with the T-Mobile signal in a phone with all T-Mobile LTE bands in your area?

Device(s)
    Iphone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    That was specific to Metro by Tmobile NOT the Connect plan for Tmobile prepaid. Reading is fundamental.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by offthegrid View Post
    That was specific to Metro by Tmobile NOT the Connect plan for Tmobile prepaid. Reading is fundamental.
    AT&T prepaid & Cricket has responded to this. See on prepaid compare 2GB 2 gigs unlimited slow speed data 15.00 Per Month nice going T-Mobile

Device(s)
    Iphone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by echance20 View Post
    AT&T prepaid & Cricket has responded to this. See on prepaid compare 2GB 2 gigs unlimited slow speed data 15.00 Per Month nice going T-Mobile
    Limited time offers according to AT&T.

https://about.att.com/pages/COVID-19.html

March 26, 2020 11:30am CT

AT&T PREPAID and Cricket Intro New Limited Time Offers
    Last edited by offthegrid; 03-26-2020 at 08:38 PM.

Feedback Score

With cricket that usually means they will have the plan available for a couple of months and then no new sign ups. But you can continue to use it indefinitely.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    310-150
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by UltGladiator View Post
    With cricket that usually means they will have the plan available for a couple of months and then no new sign ups. But you can continue to use it indefinitely.
    Yep, they did that with the $40 BYOD Unlimited plan a few months ago—it's basically a Cricket More plan without Canada/Mexico and hotspot. People who got it back then still get to keep it today, so I suspect this would work the same way. The only time I can remembered something limited-time ended was when there was bonus data for a year if you signed up at particular retailers.

Feedback Score
    AT&T Prepaid and Cricket Wireless have launched a $15 phone plan that's available for a limited time to both new and existing customers. It comes with 2GB of data, unlimited talk and text and no activation fee.

... I'm going to say between these two, at&t prepaid is superior. (IF) it includes all the rest of the perks that at&t prepaid normally has.

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Qt0 View Post
    AT&T Prepaid and Cricket Wireless have launched a $15 phone plan that's available for a limited time to both new and existing customers. It comes with 2GB of data, unlimited talk and text and no activation fee.

... I'm going to say between these two, at&t prepaid is superior. (IF) it includes all the rest of the perks that at&t prepaid normally has.
    Do I have to go into a store to activate via eSIM. With how things are right now, I would rather NOT go to one as I do not support AT&T keeping them open full hours like they are and want the employees to be safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Feedback Score

I'm not seeing details or a signup link for the $15/mo 2GB plan at either the link posted above or at www.att.com/prepaid. Am I just missing it? Is there a direct link to that plan?

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    310-150
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I'm not seeing details or a signup link for the $15/mo 2GB plan at either the link posted above or at www.att.com/prepaid. Am I just missing it? Is there a direct link to that plan?
    I don't think there's anything yet for new sign-ups or posted on the site. Someone mentioned the feature list on the account management side of things, so it looks like it's ready if you want to change to it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    Do I have to go into a store to activate via eSIM. With how things are right now, I would rather NOT go to one as I do not support AT&T keeping them open full hours like they are and want the employees to be safe.
    Not really sure. I know you can buy a sim and activate the regular plans online.. oh you said eSIM, that I don't know.
    Actually I found this topic from a few months ago, saying you have to get an activation card at the store.
    https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...-amp-T-prepaid
    Maybe it has changed since then, or new procedure in place, with this virus stuff going around

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast