Thread: Do you have to port in a phone number?

Feedback Score

Do you have to port in a phone number?

I have found 3 older android phones. I'll be swapping at least one of them. Would like to do all three, but I don't have 3 numbers to port in. Does anyone know if I have to port in a number to do this, or can I just turn in a phone and have a newer one handy.
    Get the best in Fitness Training with Fitness Professionals!
    www.TopFitnessStrategies.com

Carrier(s)
    verzion
    Feedback Score
    No just the phone you can keep your number

Sent from my LGL722DL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbrown32 View Post
    No just the phone you can keep your number

Sent from my LGL722DL using HoFo mobile app
    Oh, so if I keep my number, I have to port in my number, right? My question is, can I get the phone without porting in a number?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotex21 View Post
    Oh, so if I keep my number, I have to port in my number, right? My question is, can I get the phone without porting in a number?
    The swapped phone will come with a service card and new phone number that you should go ahead and activate since the goal is to get service in as many hands as possible. Keep your existing number on your existing service, for safety reasons. You can always create a fourth visible account to port your number if you end up liking the service. The swap phone right now is ZTE, they took Moto E6 out of the swap program.

Dan

Feedback Score
    Now I'm totally confused. With the swap program, I cannot port in a number? I HAVE to take a new number?

Device(s)
    Moto X4 & G7; Pixel 3a & 4xl; Nexus 5x; IPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Visible
    Feedback Score
    Now I'm totally confused. With the swap program, I cannot port in a number? I HAVE to take a new number?
    if you’re asking if you can get a phone for free without getting a Visible line. If that’s your question, no you can’t. If you want to start Visible service with a new number, easy to do. If you want to port in, easy to do. With either option, you can trade in a phone for whatever promo they have going.
    Nexus 5x, Pixel 2, 3, 3a, Moto X4, G6 & G7 on Google Fi
    iPhone XR & ZTE R2 on Visible

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterfield View Post
    if you’re asking if you can get a phone for free without getting a Visible line. If that’s your question, no you can’t. If you want to start Visible service with a new number, easy to do. If you want to port in, easy to do. With either option, you can trade in a phone for whatever promo they have going.
    Awesome! Thank you! And no, I wasn't asking if I could just get a phone for free without an account. If that's the way it came across, I apologize. But thank you for the clarification!

Feedback Score
    Awesome! Thank you! And no, I wasn't asking if I could just get a phone for free without an account. If that's the way it came across, I apologize. But thank you for the clarification!
    Some of the promotions DO require a ported number, like the Virtual Debit Cards valued at $100 or $200. The swap promotion did not require a port-in. Sorry for any confusion. Some folks test the service before deciding to bring their main number over. It is a great value, but there can be issues. I came over when they took the cap off the high end of speeds, but that has proven less important than the need to maintain a minimum useable speed during de-prioritization. Sometimes the data speeds drop without warning, rendering the phone temporarily useless.

Dan

Feedback Score
    In the future please clarify what service this is related to - Verizon Prepaid or Visible.

Device(s)
    Moto X4 & G7; Pixel 3a & 4xl; Nexus 5x; IPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Visible
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, wasn’t sure how to read it. Thanks for the clarification.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Visible
    Feedback Score
    You can port in a number or have Visible issue you a new one.

Very simple. I Just did it last week.