Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Question about Telus Plans with "connected devices"

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score

Question about Telus Plans with "connected devices"

Looking at switching back to Telus from Bell - noticed they offer plans that can have up to 2 or 3 connected devices. I believe this is designed to allow Tablets and Smartwatches to share the plans data / connectivity.

Would I be able to get a connected device sim for a 2nd phone so I can use it as a GPS device? Would not be used as a phone - but does need data to do what I want it to do. Before it comes up - I prefer to have a 2nd device as the GPS on my bike rather than use my primary phone.

Is this possible?

TIA,

GG
    This space for Rent!

Device(s)
    Honor 7X, iPhone 6S Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Public Mobile
    Feedback Score

I still don't understand what's the difference between Peace of Mind, Peace of Mind Connect and Peace of Mind Connect Plus.

Can someone explain? And why they charge for extra devices and how they can track of you use one device or multiple?

https://www.telus.com/en/mobility/plans

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Tired of huge cell phone bills?I can help!Please,check and like my FB page below
    https://www.facebook.com/CellPhoneSaver

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by beer_wisdom View Post
    I still don't understand what's the difference between Peace of Mind, Peace of Mind Connect and Peace of Mind Connect Plus.

Can someone explain? And why they charge for extra devices and how they can track of you use one device or multiple?

https://www.telus.com/en/mobility/plans

Peace of Mind is for one device. Your device can Wi-Fi Hotspot to your Wi-Fi computers, tablets, etc. Once you hit your data limit, your Wi-Fi Hotspot is cut off. Your device with the SIM card still gets data maxed out at 512 Kbps.

Peace of Mind Connect is where you get SIM cards for your phone, cellular tablet, e-SIM Apple Watch, etc and all those devices share the data of your plan -- 10, 20 or 50 GB. Once you hit your data limit, all devices have a maximum of 512 Kbps.

Piece of Mind Connect = $85 10+10 GB
    Piece of Mind Connect Plus = $100 20GB
    Piece of Mind Connect Ultra = $125 50GB

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    Koodo: Unlimited Canada Talk, World Text, 8+9 GB Data
    AT&T: Unlimited talk & text in and between the U.S., Canada, & Mexico, 8+17 GB data

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Night_Owl View Post
    Peace of Mind Connect is where you get SIM cards for your phone, cellular tablet, e-SIM Apple Watch, etc and all those devices share the data of your plan -- 10, 20 or 50 GB. Once you hit your data limit, all devices have a maximum of 512 Kbps.
    Are these data-only sims? Can I get physical sims?

I have a 2nd, rugged / waterproof phone I want to use data-only for - would I be able to get that to work?

GG

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadget Guy View Post
    Are these data-only sims? Can I get physical sims?

I have a 2nd, rugged / waterproof phone I want to use data-only for - would I be able to get that to work?

GG
    Yes, data-only SIM cards according to TELUS. I don't know if they block use of a second phone on a Piece of Mind Connect plan or not:

3. You can access your Peace of Mind Connect plan data with your phone and additional SIM-enabled devices such as Smart Watch, Tablet or TELUS Drive + which are added to your account. Additional devices can be added online using MyTELUS or instore.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Telus, Bell
    Feedback Score
    Only thing I would be weary of on using a data-only sim on TELUS, I had a tablet plan with them a couple years ago that I put into a phone, they billed all the phone data as pay per use as it wasn't used on a tablet, only when used on a tablet did they take data out of the actual data bucket.

Feedback Score
    Damnit. I got the promotional $75 / 20 GB when they had it... $10 more and I can get a few sim cards for other devices and looks like hotspot isn't cut.

Only problem with these ******* is it's just going to get a price hike next year.

Feedback Score
    Does anyone know if Peace of Mind connect will work with a hotspot or phone as well? It just says "All SIM enabled tablets, watches and Drive+ products are eligible."

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @Class View Post
    Does anyone know if Peace of Mind connect will work with a hotspot or phone as well? It just says "All SIM enabled tablets, watches and Drive+ products are eligible."
    As @crab9000 said just above, if it's not in the list of devices, expect to pay pay-per-use rates.

Call or chat with them to be sure. But given how greedy Robellus is, I wouldn't expect anything different.

Device(s)
    Honor 7X, iPhone 6S Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Public Mobile
    Feedback Score

Peace of Mind is for one device. Your device can Wi-Fi Hotspot to your Wi-Fi computers, tablets, etc. Once you hit your data limit, your Wi-Fi Hotspot is cut off. Your device with the SIM card still gets data maxed out at 512 Kbps.

Piece of Mind Connect = $85 10+10 GB
    Piece of Mind Connect Plus = $100 20GB
    Piece of Mind Connect Ultra = $125 50GB

Thanks a lot for detailed explanation!!!
    Very much appreciated!
    Is any info available on their website about that?

Ps what is the difference of $20 GB usage on Connect vs Connect Plus plans?

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by beer_wisdom View Post
    Thanks a lot for detailed explanation!!!
    Very much appreciated!
    Is any info available on their website about that?

Ps what is the difference of $20 GB usage on Connect vs Connect Plus plans?

You're most welcome!

TELUS Peace of Mind plans: https://www.telus.com/en/on/mobility/plans#peaceOfMind

TELUS Peace of Mind Connect plans: https://www.telus.com/en/on/mobility...dConnect_cards

Sorry, I don't know what you mean by '$20 GB usage'.

Feedback Score
    As @crab9000 said just above, if it's not in the list of devices, expect to pay pay-per-use rates.

Call or chat with them to be sure. But given how greedy Robellus is, I wouldn't expect anything different.

Okay thanks, then it's not really worth it for a tablet or smartwatch.

Feedback Score
    I just noticed this and Telus is pure evil for doing this in regards to pooling data with other users...

"However, on a Peace of Mind Connect plan, customers can access and share their endless data with all their connected devices. When multiple users are on a Peace of Mind connect plan the whole accounts gets to maximize their data by pooling and sharing all the data together, to ensure all users have the same high speed experience."

The reason this came to my attention is...
    Somehow my daughter's 10GB piece of mind got mysteriously upgraded to $100 piece of mind connect plus 20GB plan (she has only one device btw so wonder why not the $85 option at least) - I just received email notifying me of changes that I did not make. My daughter who is high usage just coincidentally hit her 10GB fast speed limit today so maybe they sent a message to her and allowed her to upgrade somehow not sure and she claims no but I think there is more to it. Anyways they normally throttle her data down to slow speed when goes over 10GB but now, since we are both on connect plans (I guess I got this connect plus "feature" on mine now without my knowledge) because of pooling she can steal from my 20GB data without me able to control it!

Having sharing pool on unlimited plans in this way is just dumb and this really makes me upset with Telus for doing this. I am going to be calling them tomorrow to downgrade her account back and really express concerns because I did not authorize this change to my account in the first place, and second I think the sharing aspect of these plans is stupid unless they add ability to manage limits like they do with normal shared plans. Why call it piece of mind when it is pooled with data sucking kids???

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Intestineman View Post
    I just noticed this and Telus is pure evil for doing this in regards to pooling data with other users...

"However, on a Peace of Mind Connect plan, customers can access and share their endless data with all their connected devices. When multiple users are on a Peace of Mind connect plan the whole accounts gets to maximize their data by pooling and sharing all the data together, to ensure all users have the same high speed experience."

The reason this came to my attention is...
    Somehow my daughter's 10GB piece of mind got mysteriously upgraded to $100 piece of mind connect plus 20GB plan (she has only one device btw so wonder why not the $85 option at least) - I just received email notifying me of changes that I did not make. My daughter who is high usage just coincidentally hit her 10GB fast speed limit today so maybe they sent a message to her and allowed her to upgrade somehow not sure and she claims no but I think there is more to it. Anyways they normally throttle her data down to slow speed when goes over 10GB but now, since we are both on connect plans (I guess I got this connect plus "feature" on mine now without my knowledge) because of pooling she can steal from my 20GB data without me able to control it!

Having sharing pool on unlimited plans in this way is just dumb and this really makes me upset with Telus for doing this. I am going to be calling them tomorrow to downgrade her account back and really express concerns because I did not authorize this change to my account in the first place, and second I think the sharing aspect of these plans is stupid unless they add ability to manage limits like they do with normal shared plans. Why call it piece of mind when it is pooled with data sucking kids???
    Maybe contact TELUS and ask for clarifications? What you think?
    Disclaimer: All my posts, replies, comments and/or opinions expressed on www.howardforums.com are my own contribution only. The views expressed on this page do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Fido, its management or employees.
    Fritz Z24...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz Z24 View Post
    Maybe contact TELUS and ask for clarifications? What you think?
    I've never seen my plan suddenly changed especially while my kid was playing with the plan settings

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast