Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 82

Thread: Sprint customers will be roaming on T-Mobile soon.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,030
    Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0

    Sprint customers will be roaming on T-Mobile soon.

    T-Mobile to increase network capacity for customers amid workplace closures https://www.wric.com/top-stories/t-m...lace-closures/

    “ We’ve also expanded roaming access for Sprint customers to use the T-Mobile network. With expanded roaming access tens of thousands of locations nationwide, schools and families connected to Sprint’s network will have expanded coverage and capacity – including in rural areas – over the next 60 days.”

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,171
    Feedback Score
    0

    Sprint customers will be roaming on T-Mobile soon.

    Yes just saw that! I wonder how the experience will be different? Maybe the devices will probably switch to T-Mobile sooner in no service areas?

    https://www.tmonews.com/2020/03/t-mo...t-coronavirus/


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by techfranz; 03-15-2020 at 11:46 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,457
    Feedback Score
    0
    When Sprint has no service usually T-Mobile has no service either...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    California Gold Country
    Posts
    7,287
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by techfranz View Post
    Yes just saw that! I wonder how the experience will be different? Maybe the devices will probably switch to T-Mobile sooner in no service areas?
    Has nothing to do with network changes right now, just more roaming allowed for Sprint customers. Actually, the carriers have mostly shut down the hardware operations.

    https://wade4wireless.com/2020/03/16...-disaster/amp/

    Opening up 600 MHz (B71) is not going to help a lot of Sprint customers, as many of their phones don't have this band. It's a T-Mobile thing.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,171
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    When Sprint has no service usually T-Mobile has no service either...
    Maybe better in-building roaming? Not sure how they can offer more roaming without having more roaming?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,171
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Has nothing to do with network changes right now, just more roaming allowed for Sprint customers. Actually, the carriers have mostly shut down the hardware operations.

    https://wade4wireless.com/2020/03/16...-disaster/amp/

    Opening up 600 MHz (B71) is not going to help a lot of Sprint customers, as many of their phones don't have this band. It's a T-Mobile thing.
    Yeah...even if the tower guys want to work they may not be able to get their equipment, permits, etc...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    California Gold Country
    Posts
    7,287
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by techfranz View Post
    Yeah...even if the tower guys want to work they may not be able to get their equipment, permits, etc...
    Not a good time for T-Mobile with all they have to do. Hardware modifications are a big part of integrating the new network.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    6,771
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax/Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA, Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    When Sprint has no service usually T-Mobile has no service either...
    Not quite the case. in the midwest (especially rurally) T-Mobile was much more aggressive getting at least PCS LTE going in places Sprint just craps out.

    It's a start?
    Verizon: Grandfathered UDP
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT&T: Premium & More w/ Free 100Mbps VDSL2 "for life"
    Sprint: Premium Unlimited (for 100GB hotspot!)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,707
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by techfranz View Post
    Maybe better in-building roaming? Not sure how they can offer more roaming without having more roaming?
    Big grin. TY.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

    Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Good2Go (AT&T) UTT recurring {12*26} $13.38 otd/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 07.08.20

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    371
    Device(s)
    BB 8320
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Will Sprint hotspots that are branded from Mobile Citizen/Beacon be able to roam on T-Mobile?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    California Gold Country
    Posts
    7,287
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CAL7 View Post
    Will Sprint hotspots that are branded from Mobile Citizen/Beacon be able to roam on T-Mobile?
    Are you speaking about the Coolpad Surf? It does have the frequencies for T-Mobile (not B71), but not known if they would restrict a data device from roaming.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    15,112
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by techfranz View Post
    Not sure how they can offer more roaming without having more roaming?

    They are offering Sprint customers the ability to roam on T-Mobile in areas where T-Mobile has service and Sprint doesn't. How much roaming each carrier typically has isn't related to this. Here's the quote from the article:

    "We’ve also expanded roaming access for Sprint customers to use the T-Mobile network. With expanded roaming access tens of thousands of locations nationwide, schools and families connected to Sprint’s network will have expanded coverage and capacity – including in rural areas – over the next 60 days.”

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,171
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    They are offering Sprint customers the ability to roam on T-Mobile in areas where T-Mobile has service and Sprint doesn't. How much roaming each carrier typically has isn't related to this. Here's the quote from the article:

    "We’ve also expanded roaming access for Sprint customers to use the T-Mobile network. With expanded roaming access tens of thousands of locations nationwide, schools and families connected to Sprint’s network will have expanded coverage and capacity – including in rural areas – over the next 60 days.”
    It would be neat to see some reports of when this occurs.
    There are most likely places where T-Mobile does have Service where Sprint doesn’t, though debatable. T-Mobile has been building out more over the last few years than Sprint.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    371
    Device(s)
    BB 8320
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Are you speaking about the Coolpad Surf? It does have the frequencies for T-Mobile (not B71), but not known if they would restrict a data device from roaming.
    Yes, the Coolpad; but also other generic modems (I also use the Quectel EP06-A). I only reach Band 25 on Sprint, so a T-Mobile option would be nice.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,171
    Feedback Score
    0

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 53
    Last Post: 08-19-2009, 11:57 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-04-2004, 11:45 PM
  3. Will the K700 be available on T-mobile usa
    By Tivoli9 in forum SonyEricsson
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-11-2004, 10:59 PM
  4. Will there ever be roaming on GSM 850?
    By bsilvertab in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 04-26-2004, 01:07 PM
  5. When will EDGE be available on T-Mobile?!!
    By D3LM3L in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-29-2004, 11:44 AM

Bookmarks